ADVERTISEMENT

Aborted Pelosi-Trump Handshake

The timing was slightly off, but he saw the hand as he was turning. But, decided not to turn back for the handshake.
Trump was certainly not going to initiate the handshake himself.
Nancy fired the first shot by the manner she introduced him.

"Pelosi dropped the traditional greeting before the start of the address, “Members of Congress, I have the high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the president of the United States.” Instead, she simply announced, “Members of Congress, the president of the United States.” It was extremely petty and profoundly inappropriate. Putting aside the fact that this is not her tradition, but that of the House, it is no excuse to note that the president was impeached."

She is the petty bitch. To get respect, you have to give it first.

Nancy fired the first shot by the manner she introduced him.

"Pelosi dropped the traditional greeting before the start of the address, “Members of Congress, I have the high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the president of the United States.” Instead, she simply announced, “Members of Congress, the president of the United States.” It was extremely petty and profoundly inappropriate. Putting aside the fact that this is not her tradition, but that of the House, it is no excuse to note that the president was impeached."

She is the petty bitch. To get respect, you have to give it first.
Trump has spent his entire time as both a candidate and president calling people childish names and generally disrespecting them. And this upsets you? Hypocrite much?

Lost in all this missed handshake drama is the fashion faux pas of Pelosi wearing white pants before Memorial Day!:eek:

Last edited:
He didn't shake Pence's hand. If he had shook Pence's and not Pelosi I could see it as a snub, but this appears to me as if he was in fluid motion.
His supporters will always fabricate an excuse to cover for his unacceptable behavior.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
My goodness each side acts like they are holier than thou and defend their side. Would it surprise anyone if Trump saw the hand and didn't shake it? And are wee really thinking Pelosi tearing up the speech should have been done?

Both were wrong and acted like petulant children. FFS, what's wrong with you blind defenders on both sides?

Much discussion here and elsewhere about Nancy's speech rip, but have seen little about the aborted Pelosi-Trump handshake at the beginning.

I can't really tell from video if Trump purposefully blew her off (he is certainly small enough to do so), or if the timing was just slightly off, such that he did not see her extend her hand.

What do you think?

I think that, this being his 3rd SOTU address, he probably should have remembered, don'tcha think?

Or, is the other explanation that his mental faculties are so eroded, he's not capable of that kind of long-term memory, anymore?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT