ADVERTISEMENT

Active Shooter Drill

BioHawk

HB Legend
Sep 21, 2005
We had our yearly active shooter drill today. I don't think I made it. I heard a popping noise so I was moving to shut off the lights and start barricading but just as I reached the window by my door more shooting came from outside my window by the door. Pretty sure I would have been gunned down along with about 12 students if they would have stayed sitting there the way they did in this drill. Then again, if it were a real gun going off that close to my door I don't think I would move to be in front of the window and I think students would have started scattering much faster.

Still, it sucks that we have to do these things.

apple-pie-2-480x270.jpg

merlin_176084667_69b1099b-0b7e-41ce-bfdf-e407899f10dc-articleLarge.jpg

Columbine_Shooting_Security_Camera.jpg

il_570xN.1965483172_h7m3.jpg

You can have your own gun now can't you. Don't go down without a fight...
At no point would I ever teach with a gun on my person. Setting aside my personal feelings of being turned into a prison guard and how that would affect my relationship with my students, the liability alone would be ridiculous. So that means I would have to go to where the gun was kept and I would not have had time to do that. Guns aren't very effective if you aren't initiating.

But, thankfully, our schools haven't been turned into prisons with teachers pretending to be armed guards.

We had our yearly active shooter drill today. I don't think I made it. I heard a popping noise so I was moving to shut off the lights and start barricading but just as I reached the window by my door more shooting came from outside my window by the door. Pretty sure I would have been gunned down along with about 12 students if they would have stayed sitting there the way they did in this drill. Then again, if it were a real gun going off that close to my door I don't think I would move to be in front of the window and I think students would have started scattering much faster.

Still, it sucks that we have to do these things.
Have you explained to your superiors that you're a cool teacher therefore these drills aren't necessary for you?

Anybody else try to be extra nice to the weird dude that basically the entire work place thinks is most likely to shoot the place up?

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkman98
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT