ADVERTISEMENT

After watching Chael on Flo….

BFosr1

Scout Team
Apr 29, 2017
There were the rumors once again of BOTH A.J Ferarri and Gable being at Iowa next year, as they hyped up a potential matchup between A.J and Carter Starocci on their recent show.

Playing hypotheticals here, and coming from an Ohio State fan who doesn’t quite know all the specifics…. What would a full Iowa lineup under it’s best case scenario (obviously including those two) be, and what would Penn State’s vice versa now that both Starocci and Kerk have announced their intentions of returning?

TIA to whomever has the time.

My guess for Iowa with transfers.

125 Ayala - top 3
133 Petersen/Schriever r12ish
141 *Alirez - top 3
149 Block/Rathjen/VVIII 6-r12
157 Siebrecht/Riggens 7-r12
165 Caliendo top 3
174 Arnold - top 5
184 Brands - top 5
197 *AJ - top 2
285 *Gable - 1st

Obviously Arnold has a lot of up side but It will be his first full season so I stifled my enthusiasm.

After a year away from Folkstyle the field at 141 has improved greatly so top 3 is a reasonable expectation but 1st can still happen.

It would be huge if Caliendo can make the cut to 157 and be effective allowing Kennedy at 165 but I’m not convinced. Kennedy is not a good cutter and Caliendo looks pretty shredded at 165.

Petersen could make a good jump with a full season starting. Take some lumps and keep improving.

Finally, this lineup is a pipe dream for some, and unfortunately, still likely places 2nd. Sorry I couldn’t be a bigger cheerleader but I still live in reality.

Reactions: FUMBLE-ROOSKY

125 Ayala - top 3
141 *Alirez - top 3
165 Caliendo top 3
174 Arnold - top 5
184 Brands - top 5
197 *AJ - top 2
285 *Gable - 1st

Obviously Arnold has a lot of up side but It will be his first full season so I stifled my enthusiasm.

After a year away from Folkstyle the field at 141 has improved greatly so top 3 is a reasonable expectation but 1st can still happen.

It would be huge if Caliendo can make the cut to 157 and be effective allowing Kennedy at 165 but I’m not convinced. Kennedy is not a good cutter and Caliendo looks pretty shredded at 165.

Petersen could make a good jump with a full season starting. Take some lumps and keep improving.

Finally, this lineup is a pipe dream for some, and unfortunately, still likely places 2nd. Sorry I couldn’t be a bigger cheerleader but I still live in reality.
If Caliendo isn’t at 157, I would put Ferrari there, or put him in the mix at 149 if caliendo makes the cut. Riggins isn’t making 157. He couldn’t do it effectively as a true freshman.

Reactions: nearfall2
Best scenario in my opinion:

Ayala
Peterson/Schriever
Alirez
Parco
Caliendo
Kennedy
Arnold
Brands
Ferrari
Steveson

• Haha
Reactions: Vic Vaselino

125 Ayala - top 3
141 *Alirez - top 3
165 Caliendo top 3
174 Arnold - top 5
184 Brands - top 5
197 *AJ - top 2
285 *Gable - 1st

TNT, Kennedy and Caliendo need to decide sooner than later who is going to miss a few meals this coming season for 157. No reason to have 2 guys that solid at one weight. And making that adjustment while still being strong takes good planning over time.

Best scenario in my opinion:

Ayala
Peterson/Schriever
Alirez
Parco
Caliendo
Kennedy
Arnold
Brands
Ferrari
Steveson
Wow, now that would actually be a lineup that could legitimately challenge PSU. Sadly, I am getting less and less confident that Iowa is landing any of the 3 transfers above. Still, if I had to guess, I would say Parco is the one they get…

Reactions: pawrestler4life
Alirez canceled his Iowa visit, so he's not coming to Iowa.
From Friday:

“No doors are closed, and I’ll wait and see and come to a decision.”
“All options are on the table,” Alirez added. “I’ll listen to them and take the best offer.”

Then why did he cancel his visit? What does it feel like when sand runs through your fingers? Okay, now imagine that is Alirez and his transfer to Iowa. Asshole (you'll always be one to me because you are). A small woman with a shallow vagina.
I shared an local article with direct quotes from Alirez that was posted Friday night saying all offers are on the table. Take it from him, not me. Maybe Iowa ups the ante? You have no clue.

And stop acting like a little bitch just because you got called out lol.

I shared an local article with direct quotes from Alirez that was posted Friday night saying all offers are on the table. Take it from him, not me. Maybe Iowa ups the ante? You have no clue.

You’re a first class loser and EVERYONE on this forum saw it. Own it Sally. And I’m going to keep exposing you for the turd you are.

You have ZERO chance for Alirez idiot. He canceled the damned visit moron.

You’re a first class loser and EVERYONE on this forum saw it. Own it Sally. And I’m going to keep exposing you for the turd you are.

Learn to read and comprehend before calling others losers and turds. Alirez very clearly said that all offers are on the table and he'll take the best one. To me that implies he hasn't seen any offers that would lead him to transfer. If Iowa were to make a significant offer he may reschedule the visit. I understand the portal is closed though so I don't know how this works. I'm assuming if you're already in the portal, you can still shop offers. When is the closing date for making a final decision on whether to transfer or not?

Learn to read and comprehend before calling others losers and turds. Alirez very clearly said that all offers are on the table and he'll take the best one. To me that implies he hasn't seen any offers that would lead him to transfer. If Iowa were to make a significant offer he may reschedule the visit. I understand the portal is closed though so I don't know how this works. I'm assuming if you're already in the portal, you can still shop offers. When is the closing date for making a final decision on whether to transfer or not?
He’s not coming to Iowa

He may be an asshole and a loser, I have no idea, but unless you have reason to believe that he knew about your personal issues when calling out the fact that you didn’t post during the years Iowa was outperforming Penn State he’s not the one looking looking bad in this argument.

We’re not getting Alirez unfortunately

Disagree Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT