ADVERTISEMENT

AGT - Toxic Culture

alaskanseminole

HB Legend
Oct 20, 2002
[Jay] Leno quipped that the pets looked like something one would find "on the menu at a Korean restaurant"

The alleged Leno situation is one example of what multiple insiders told Variety was a toxic culture at the show.

Man, where have we gone as a society. Stand-up comedians will be unemployed in the near future because everyone is offended about everything!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...lianne-hough-departures-report-030911576.html

From the comments section:

I was banned from tutoring math at my local community college because I was describing logarithms and referred to them as "logs". A woman complained to the dean because I used the word "logs" which was symbolic of deforestation which offended her on multiple levels. Deforestation obviously has ecological consequences but more importantly she complained that I was subtly letting masculine interpretations of meaning influence my tutoring. Her reasoning was that most lumberjacks are men and that by using the word "log" I was smuggling into the mathematical lexicon a word steeped in toxic masculinity that undermined the college's policy of peaceful coexistence among all social groups. She said that while logarithms are not inherently masculine the shortening of the mathematical function to "log" caused psychological harm to the students being tutored. As a result of her complaint I was sent to sensitivity training and was forced to wear high heels watch The Handmaids Tale. I've since given up on tutoring and have moved to Vietnam where I work in the shrimp farming business. Life is simpler here and no one complains about logs. :Do_O:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT