ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Epenesa is visiting Saturday

nice should be a great atmosphere for all the recruits. Hope AJ gets some love from the student section. I can't wait for this game

they should start a "REPEAT" chant. repeat was hayden's pet name for epenesa epenesa and getting his son would be a repeat itself.

from reading that article, the kid sounds very grounded and might enjoy hearing the crowd celebrating his father more than himself.

i wonder if they considered making the senior epenesa honorary captain for the game? that would have been the capper.

Seems like Iowa is in a pretty good spot as of right now. It will be very hard to get a kid like this that everyone wants but he has been going to Iowa games for a long time with his dad and he has known the staff for a long time. If Iowa has a good season I think they have a great shot of getting him. It would be absolutely huge. He is the kind of kid that could come in and play day 1.

Also saw that K.J. Sails will be there. That could be a nice pickup for the current class. Also of note 2018 WR Micah Jones will be there.

Seems like Iowa is in a pretty good spot as of right now. It will be very hard to get a kid like this that everyone wants but he has been going to Iowa games for a long time with his dad and he has known the staff for a long time. If Iowa has a good season I think they have a great shot of getting him. It would be absolutely huge. He is the kind of kid that could come in and play day 1.

Also saw that K.J. Sails will be there. That could be a nice pickup for the current class. Also of note 2018 WR Micah Jones will be there.
One thing I really took away from the article (which was a great read btw) is AJ seems like a really hard worker. Lot of talk about wanting to get bigger, stronger, faster. If there's one thing Iowa can promise, it's that Doyle will get you all three of those. We may not win a championship, but at Iowa AJ would no doubt be developed in a way that'll help in make the league. Also think the strong sense of family is a bonus for us. Close to home, legacy, just seems like for once we have a lot going for us. All that probably means he ends up elsewhere but hard not to root for the kid after reading up on him.

Reactions: IowaPeach
This does NOT matter but I'm curious.... Doesn't it seem odd the family named one son Epenesa Epenesa and the other AJ? Does AJ stand for anything interesting?

Repeat was a great Hawk for that generation. Was apart of a really mean and Nasty d-line if I remember correctly. Didn't he play with Bill Ennis-Inge? Another favorite Hawk!

This game is starting to feel like the 2003 ASU game for some reason, even though Pitt isn't ranked like the Sun Devils were.

Hopefully, the result is the same as well!

So how many other schools on his list have a long time message board poster using AJ'S dad's name as his handle?

That alone has to be huge in Iowa's favor.....

Combine that with a chant of "Repeat" on Saturday and they will have to feel right at home....

Reactions: funnyfletcher
So how many other schools on his list have a long time message board poster using AJ'S dad's name as his handle?

That alone has to be huge in Iowa's favor.....

Combine that with a chant of "Repeat" on Saturday and they will have to feel right at home....
Yeah but I'm pretty sure EpenesaEpenesa is one of the negaHawk fans. Or at least I'm pretty sure I've seen him voice his frustrations on here.

Ol' Doodle is loathe to add or promote the social media accounts (or any other personal type of stuff) of high school kids.

But dad Eppy is, as a famous person once said, a "grown ass man". So he's fair game. Check out his Twitter machine. Some great pics of AJ and dad at the game, along with a really nice one of AJ with his buddy Tyler Cook (Hawkeye hoops recruit) with Fran. :D

What a combo package those two youngsters' signature on LOIs would be for the two signature programs at the state's signature university. Ha! See what Doodle did there?!

https://twitter.com/EEpenesa

It would be great if AJ commits and commits early so he can help convince other top recruits to come to iowa. It has an impact and the earlier he commits the longer that will be able to be used for Iowa's gain .

Reactions: Niko13
I have always been an Epenesa fan. I enjoy the laid back Island/Samoan culture, the eclectic outfits, all of it. I love that Eppy is a hawk fan through and through, and I really hope AJ becomes a Hawkeye because he loves us as much as his dad does.

CPWhYXjVEAE2zTJ.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT