ADVERTISEMENT

Alexey Navalny dead...Putin stepping down??

thewop

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2002

Is Putin stepping down? If a semi honest election were held Navalny would likely be elected when Putin moves on... It certainly appears Putin had him killed.

Why on earth would Putin step down? It makes no sense to kill off your political rival only to resign for doing so.
Did Michigan illegally steal other teams' signals only to turn down going to the playoff?
I have no idea of what is true at this point but to answer your question…

It’s possible that Putin is very sick and may need to consider the repercussions of stepping down or dying “on the throne.” In that situation, I’m sure he would like to be able to name his successor and keep his fingers on the scales of power; and avoid spending his remaining time in prison.

You know, typical mob/gangster succession planning stuff.

Is Putin stepping down? If a semi honest election were held Navalny would likely be elected when Putin moves on... It certainly appears Putin had him killed.
Lol you reside in an alternate universe. Explains most of your takes and posts.

Reactions: EasyHawk and Torg
leonard nimoy no GIF by HULU

Reactions: h-hawk

It’s possible that Putin is very sick and may need to consider the repercussions of stepping down or dying “on the throne.” In that situation, I’m sure he would like to be able to name his successor and keep his fingers on the scales of power; and avoid spending his remaining time in prison.

Putin isn't going to prison. And he can still name his successor and die "on the throne." Besides, I doubt he cares all that much what happens to Russia after he's dead. We've seen well enough in this country that people are extremely reluctant to walk away from seats of power, despite age and health concerns.
Does Harbaugh care what happens to Michigan now that he's coaching the Chargers? Of course he doesn't.

This was my thought, not the Putin in prison part but more the succession mindset.

Reactions: SL Hawk Fan
Putin isn't going to prison. And he can still name his successor and die "on the throne." Besides, I doubt he cares all that much what happens to Russia after he's dead. We've seen well enough in this country that people are extremely reluctant to walk away from seats of power, despite age and health concerns.
Does Harbaugh care what happens to Michigan now that he's coaching the Chargers? Of course he doesn't.
Russia is supposed to "elect" it's president. Putin could endorse someone, he couldn't install someone per se. Killing Navalny would merely be an insurance policy on the off chance Russia would somehow conduct a fair election.

Russia is supposed to "elect" it's president. Putin could endorse someone, he couldn't install someone per se. Killing Navalny would merely be an insurance policy on the off chance Russia would somehow conduct a fair election.
Amazing analysis.

Investigation imminent, comrade.

I read an article when Putin invaded Ukraine. It may have been in the Atlantic.

The author recalled when Putin took power in 1999, one of his older friends got drunk and told him how Russia was toast because Putin is a KGB agent and would ruin it. Looks like he was right. :(

Reactions: cigaretteman
Russia really has some history of rulers...It seems to elevate the egomaniacal and embrace it. They also always seem to fall more and more into fantasy as time goes on. Does Putin have syphilis too?

Of course Putin is resigning. Trump is going to make him his Vice-President.

Of course, maybe he can be President of Russia AND Trump’s VP at the same time.

Just one day before officials announced his death, Russian dissident Alexei Navalny appeared in court via video link from a Russian penal colony, making jokes and smiling.
In a video released by the Russian news outlet Sota, Navalny, known for his humor and charisma, teased the judge overseeing his case Thursday.

“Your Honor, I’m waiting — I will send you my personal account number, so that you can use your huge federal judge’s salary to fuel my personal account,” he said, laughing.
The Russian opposition leader and President Vladimir Putin’s greatest challenger, had been serving a combined decades-long prison sentence in a grueling penal colony above the Arctic Circle for charges including “extremism” and “embezzlement.”

navalny-map-medium.jpg

North

Pole

Arctic

Ocean

Kharp

Navalny's last prison colony

Moscow

“I am running out of money,” a grinning Navalny said in the video. “And thanks to your decisions, it will run out even faster. So please send me something. And you guys in the detention centers pitch in as well.”

Prison authorities reported Friday that Navalny “felt unwell” after a walk, “almost immediately losing consciousness.” They said a medical team failed to resuscitate him.

In the days leading up to the announcement of his death, reports indicated Navalny appeared relatively healthy.
The court told the Russian news outlet RBC that during the hearing Thursday, Navalny “seemed fine.” The outlet reported that he “did not express any complaints about his health, actively spoke, and presented arguments in defense of his position.”

Navalny’s lawyer, Leonid Solovyov, told the outlet Novaya Gazeta shortly after the news broke that a lawyer had visited the activist on Wednesday. “Everything was fine then.”
Navalny has been detained in Russia since 2021, when he returned home after surviving a 2020 poisoning attempt the State Department said was carried out by agents of the Russian state. Throughout his detention, he has gone on hunger strikes, was placed in solitary confinement, had limited contact with his family.

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
And just like that, Super Genius shut down Navalny’s wife’s Twitter account.

Anyone member his biggest fan boy on here talking about how Twitter would be a beacon for free speech …

• Angry
Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT