ADVERTISEMENT

Almost half of the coaches we've played this year are gone!

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HB Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
McCarney, Beckman, Edsall, & Kill. I wouldn't be surprised if Hazell & Rhoades go also by the end of the year. If Reilly loses Saturday, watch out!

McCarney, Beckman, Edsall, & Kill. I wouldn't be surprised if Hazell & Rhoades go also by the end of the year. If Reilly loses Saturday, watch out!
It's more a result of the culture we live in. Win big or leave, unless you have an incredible buy-out clause in your contract. Even then, that didn't stop Nebby from firing Bo. Of course, Nebby football has a huge slush fund for such things. Most schools don't.

There will be another dozen FBS head FB coaching jobs open by December. They are just getting an earlier start this year than most.

Doubt Riley gets canned mainly because they've lost 5 games by I think less than 15 points, they'll give him a couple years to try and turn those around with the new QB. Although if the adage that close losses are on the coaches and blowouts are on the players is true they must be truly horrible coaches!

Hazell is more likely I think, unless hated rival Purdue has completely ceased giving a damn.

Not to mention, that we faced 2 first year coaches at Pitt and Wisc. Were do you think we would be right now if we listened to all the 'pundits' on here and got rid of our coach?

Reactions: milehighhawkeye24
Hazell is gone barring a miracle. Absolutely no progress. Wilson might be ok in Indiana for another year because there's hardly any point in blowing up and starting over again. They've made some decent progress. Rhodes is also as good as gone.

Not to pick nits, but we've only played against one of those coaches this year. Beckman, Edsall, and Kill were all gone before we played them. Still crazy to think how many teams on our schedule will be looking for a new coach after the season.

Don't let the pundits get ahold of this. They add it to our SOS argument. Unstable programs as opponents clearly part of our success this year ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT