ADVERTISEMENT

Alwyn Cashe

Wow.

On Oct. 17, 2005, Cashe, a 35-year-old Army sergeant first class deployed to Iraq, was in a Bradley Fighting Vehicle that ran over an improvised explosive device and burst into flames. The explosion left Cashe drenched in fuel and burning. But he paid little attention to his own pain and risk. He entered the burning vehicle again and again to drag out his teammates still inside, ultimately pulling all six soldiers out of the vehicle. Cashe's own burns were devastating. He'd succumb to his injuries Nov. 8, 2005.

Wow.

On Oct. 17, 2005, Cashe, a 35-year-old Army sergeant first class deployed to Iraq, was in a Bradley Fighting Vehicle that ran over an improvised explosive device and burst into flames. The explosion left Cashe drenched in fuel and burning. But he paid little attention to his own pain and risk. He entered the burning vehicle again and again to drag out his teammates still inside, ultimately pulling all six soldiers out of the vehicle. Cashe's own burns were devastating. He'd succumb to his injuries Nov. 8, 2005.

Bradleys aren't the easiest vehicles to get in and out of unless the ramp is down. This would have made it even harder than it sounds. He was either using the troop door, or going through a hole blown in it, either way, it would have been nearly impossible even if he wasnt already on fire.

Bradleys aren't the easiest vehicles to get in and out of unless the ramp is down. This would have made it even harder than it sounds. He was either using the troop door, or going through a hole blown in it, either way, it would have been nearly impossible even if he wasnt already on fire.

Ok...I am NOT making light of a deadly situation, but I somehow stumbled upon the below video the other night and it made me laugh. And some of the comments are perfect.

Reactions: SSG T
Ok...I am NOT making light of a deadly situation, but I somehow stumbled upon the below video the other night and it made me laugh. And some of the comments are perfect.

Not that it was unrealistic, but the MOST realistic part of Black Hawk Down was the conversations during the battle. This kind of reminded me of that.

Also, note how the machine gun is used, 6-9 round bursts, with long (relative) spaces between them. SF doing things right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT