ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one who didn’t give a rats shit about the eclipse?!?? People having mass orgasms over this. You say “totality” and people are losing it

I believe the term is multiple orgasms--not mass orgasms--for those who have no clue or have never inspired such.

I saw an eclipse last week. This lady had an ass about the size of a Buick and that blocked the sun on half the city.

captain-phillips-look.gif

I saw an eclipse last week. This lady had an ass about the size of a Buick and that blocked the sun on half the city.
This seems like a really strong opinion for something that really didn't harm/inconvenience you in any way, and brought lots of other people joy.

It didn't change my life in any way, but it was still kinda cool to step outside and watch for a few minutes. And hearing all the high school kids across the way ooh and ahh over it (since kids/teens rarely get excited about anything) was nice.

I've seen three total eclipses, so I wasn't into the partial yesterday. However, I also didn't get upset at people that were.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I drove 2 hours to get to a hotel and another hour and a half to get to the place to view the eclipse then it took 5 hours to get back home.

But honestly the 4 minutes of totality were worth it. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

But even 99% coverage doesn't compare with totality.

I sort of feel sorry for the people who havn't seen it, many will likely never get to see it given how long until the next one is on this continent.

Also kind of sad that it will be like 20 years until I even have the chance to see it again in this country.

Last edited:
the world is so bad and this country is so bad right now, thanks brandon, the communists needed a distraction

Oh man you guys are so cool for not even looking when you're outside. Your indifference is so edgy and brazen. Just awesome cool guys. Lol you even cared so little that you had to tell other people how much you didn't care! Lol
Thanks man.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
If you're not in the path of totality, it's pretty meh. But it's absolutely worth it to see the total eclipse if you can. We drove to Illinois this time and down to Missouri for the last one. Insects, birds, and everything goes through a sunset routine in minutes then everything gets really quiet and it looks like a late sunset 360 degrees around the horizon. The corona is pretty amazing to see with your own eyes, and the temperature drop is neat. Admittedly I'm a space and astronomy nerd. Not moved to tears but it's probably the most impressive natural phenomenon I've seen.

If you're not in the path of totality, it's pretty meh. But it's absolutely worth it to see the total eclipse if you can. We drove to Illinois this time and down to Missouri for the last one. Insects, birds, and everything goes through a sunset routine in minutes then everything gets really quiet and it looks like a late sunset 360 degrees around the horizon. The corona is pretty amazing to see with your own eyes, and the temperature drop is neat. Admittedly I'm a space and astronomy nerd. Not moved to tears but it's probably the most impressive natural phenomenon I've seen.

I am too but my wife isn't and even she said it was one of the most amazing thing's she's ever seen.

Here we were in about 73% totality. The last eclipse in 2017 was closer as it passed right through Nebraska and I believe we were in the upper 90% of totality. Both of these events, 2017 and 2024, the sky was cloudy and overcast and we could not see the eclipse at all.

The next one in North America will be on August 23, 2044. It will end at sunset in Montana and western North Dakota and South Dakota. I will probably never get to see an eclipse in my life without some serious travel.

I drove 2 hours to get to a hotel and another hour and a half to get to the place to view the eclipse then it took 5 hours to get back home.

But honestly the 4 minutes of totality were worth it. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

But even 99% coverage doesn't compare with totality.

I sort of feel sorry for the people who havn't seen it, many will likely never get to see it given how long until the next one is on this continent.

Also kind of sad that it will be like 20 years until I even have the chance to see it again in this country.
Went to Louisville with my no-pic wife and oldest son. My youngest - with whom I saw 2017 - flew in from Minny. We went to the Louisville Zoo on Sunday - great zoo/great weather. Drove north on I65 on Monday to Columbus, IN. Found a small park and sat with people from all over the region for a few hours while we waited. Played some Uno. Played some Yahtzee. Great weather and the eclipse - 3:47 totality - was surreal and awesome. Best mini-vacation. Kinda feel sorry for folks who can't enjoy something like that.

Partial eclipses are kinda cool, but it’s true that unless you’re paying close attention to shadows or actually looking at the sun (with solar glasses) you might not even notice anything even at 90% or even more.

However, I doubt that a single individual in human history has ever experienced a total eclipse and thought “meh, no big deal.” It’s an awesome celestial event that everyone should get to enjoy at least once in their lifetime. For those of you not fortunate enough to see either of the two recent total solar eclipses in the United States, I hope that you are able to catch the ones coming in 2044 or 2045, or are able to travel abroad to see one sooner.

Total blackout are would have been interesting.

Where I was, if I was out walking the dog I doubt I would have noticed. Did get that dim at all.

I had a guy working down in south Texas in the path of totality this past weekend. I told him to stay an extra day and see the eclipse. He said he didn’t give a shit, he’s seen many eclipses and they’re all overhyped. His work got delayed because things were shutting down for the eclipse and he was forced to stay a few extra days. He called me soon after totality and was blown away by what he saw.

I had a guy working down in south Texas in the path of totality this past weekend. I told him to stay an extra day and see the eclipse. He said he didn’t give a shit, he’s seen many eclipses and they’re all overhyped. His work got delayed because things were shutting down for the eclipse and he was forced to stay a few extra days. He called me soon after totality and was blown away by what he saw.
That's it. Totality is an entirely different beast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT