ADVERTISEMENT

Americans who locked in a job, a home, and stocks are thriving. Everyone else missed out on their ticket to wealth.

Going to be awesome when the younger generation develops AI applications to eliminate the older generations jobs/careers.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
My first home mortgage was 10.5% 35 years ago.

Evidently you survived and did ok as many others did and some with even higher rates. Of course I can speak only for myself, but I didn't have a $100 or more cell bill monthly or a $200 DISH bill and didn't let our MasterCard bill get much over $300 or so, so our family did without sometimes, again as many others did.

Bought our house for a fraction of its current value. Refinanced at sub 2.5%. Bought Apple when they released the 3GS. Bought a bunch of Microsoft when Balmer was put out to pasture.

Sold it all and put our money into FTX.

Such bullshit. I see people going from floor nurses to highly-paid managers in only a few years in my industry.

If you're smart, work hard, and aren't a Karen, you can go as far as you want to go.
True, but the niche' has a lot to do with it.

Great, they go from $40,000 in student loan debt to $30,000. Problem solved!
Can’t pay that off? Get a better job or don’t go at all.

and if some only make interest payments for decades and then cry about. They should have their degree revoked for stupidity.

Or have it your way, raise taxes and pay for it. Just don’t dump more onto the debt.

Not if they’re the one writing the code.
Writing code? Roflmao. AI will wipe that out way sooner than many jobs. Big systems like SAP will use AI to just do what the user says.

SAP Salesforce Oracle are pouring billions into AI. Code writing is already considered a commodity pushed off to India more and more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT