ADVERTISEMENT

Americans!

You people need to pick up a book.

"Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)" is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Toby Keith. The song was written in late 2001, and was inspired by Keith's father's death in March 2001, as well as the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States later that year. It was released in May 2002 as the lead single from the album, Unleashed.

What book should I read if I want to know more about this song?

What book should I read if I want to know more about this song?

The one that was assigned in the college-level history class about Toby Keith. Apparently.

Also, he led with “you people”, which ain’t real sensitive on his part.

194eeaa4-352d-4e3b-abf4-a48358e75a83_text.gif

I know some people had a dislike for Toby and his songs, specifically the Red White Blue
after he supported Trump, but that guy did more for our troops in those shithole countries than most Americans, no matter what side of the aisle they reside.

The song moved a lot of people after the anger associated with 9/11, sadly it has become politicized.

That was the war, based on lies, that the war criminal George W Bush unleashed on Iraq. The one that wouldn’t have happened without democratic support.
Interesting pivot there. The source of the lies and majority of support is from the republicans which controlled the White House, senate and house. Yet it’s the democrats fault because some of them believed the lies and voted for the war.

House:
diagram

Senate:
diagram

Interesting pivot there. The source of the lies and majority of support is from the republicans which controlled the White House, senate and house. Yet it’s the democrats fault because some of them believed the lies and voted for the war.

House:
diagram

Senate:
diagram
Welcome to the forum. Pull up a chair and tell us a bit about yourself. From where to you hail?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I know some people had a dislike for Toby and his songs, specifically the Red White Blue
after he supported Trump, but that guy did more for our troops in those shithole countries than most Americans, no matter what side of the aisle they reside.

The song moved a lot of people after the anger associated with 9/11, sadly it has become politicized.

f06b6f26e0a7b1e44b82b68be0499e9a_w200.gif

Yeah, what year did the Iraq War begin? And when was the song released?
Precisely my point. The song captured and helped to reinforce the emotional state that drove public support for our disastrous foreign policy of that era. It was released in the run-up to the Iraq war and it was and still remains anthemic to a culture whose support was necessary in order to popularize the idea that the Iraq war was a good idea.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Precisely my point. The song captured and helped to reinforce the emotional state that drove public support for our disastrous foreign policy of that era. It was released in the run-up to the Iraq war and it was and still remains anthemic to a culture whose support was necessary in order to popularize the idea that the Iraq war was a good idea.
Damn that Toby Keith! He caused not one, but two wars!

Angry Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Reactions: JMNSHO

Naval Academy women's lacrosse belt the late Toby Keith's hit patriotic song in viral video

I wonder if roofies and rape are as common with the ladies LAX teams as they are with the men.

Reactions: artradley

House:
diagram

Senate:
diagram

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT