ADVERTISEMENT

And off we go …

I just deleted a thread I started on the same topic. The Big Lie is bearing fruit.

Yes. Person I responded to said it was "the new normal" so I'd assume there are other instances.

If not....it's not the "new normal".

He, like many of us, is afraid this is going to become the new normal. That's what he said in his post.

2024 is going to be ugly. 2020 was a warm-up -- many in the GOP are ready to overturn the results of any election that they don't like. And there is precious little safeguards built-in when elected officials choose to ignore reality and the law. Our democracy is much more fragile than many appreciate, and we are in dangerous, dangerous territory.

seems easy enough to prove if machines are legit, why not?

Have you been paying attention? These GOP officials will deny the results are legitimate no matter what. Facts do not matter. Just look at Georgia and Arizona, where GOP-led election officials did everything in the world possible to demonstrate the accuracy and legitimacy of the results.

It. Just. Doesn't. Matter.

He, like many of us, is afraid this is going to become the new normal. That's what he said in his post.

2024 is going to be ugly. 2020 was a warm-up -- many in the GOP are ready to overturn the results of any election that they don't like. And there is precious little safeguards built-in when elected officials choose to ignore reality and the law. Our democracy is much more fragile than many appreciate, and we are in dangerous, dangerous territory.
Hell, some states put in an express lane to make this possible.

seems easy enough to prove if machines are legit, why not?

^ Seems to be another bullshit deflection.

We go through all the delay and expense because some guy doesn’t trust the machines? That’s his entire basis. Nothing articulated.

Put up or shut up. You think there is a problem - identify it, file suit, and post a bond so that the taxpayers aren’t stuck with the wild goose chase bill.

So release the vote count according to the voting machine. Then hand count the ballots and certify the election and watch the GOP heads spin if the hand count is the same as the voting machine count.
That’s too logical.

Reactions: globalhawk
How many other instances of this have there been?
The GOP winners in Secretary of State races in Nevada and Michigan are election deniers. Jim Marchant won in Nevada, and he campaigns on a boast that he would not have certified the 2020 results showing that Biden won. So, I'm not hopeful that what is going on in NM is an outlier.

The GOP winners in Secretary of State races in Nevada and Michigan are election deniers. Jim Marchant won in Nevada, and he campaigns on a boast that he would not have certified the 2020 results showing that Biden won. So, I'm not hopeful that what is going on in NM is an outlier.
The expert at these things is sounding the alarms as far too many ho hum along

• Angry
Reactions: eb05 and DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT