ADVERTISEMENT

Another Deer vs Motorcycle Death

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
A Central City motorcyclist who was severely injured last month after crashing into a deer has died from his injuries, according to an updated news release from the Linn County Sheriff’s Office.

Daniel Nash, 46, was driving on Whittier Road near Prairie Chapel Road, north of Springville, on Aug. 28, when he struck a deer. He was not wearing a helmet at the time, the news release states.

The Sheriff’s Office was called to the scene at 8:15 p.m., and Nash was flown to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics by Lifeguard Air Ambulance. He was pronounced dead at the hospital on Wednesday, according to the release.

He was not wearing a helmet at the time, the news release states.
mel gibson freedom GIF

Currently on contract at the U of I Hospitals in the neuro unit/ICU. There have been an absorbent amount of motorcycle, ATV and even E-bike accidents this summer, most were helmetless drivers or passengers. When will we as a state have the common sense to require these people to wear f@#king helmets.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Currently on contract at the U of I Hospitals in the neuro unit/ICU. There have been an absorbent amount of motorcycle, ATV and even E-bike accidents this summer, most were helmetless drivers or passengers. When will we as a state have the common sense to require these people to wear f@#king helmets.
I would be curious if you see a rise in e-scooter injuries/deaths. I see these things on sidewalks and weaving in and out of traffic at speeds which are at least 20 mph, if not 30 mph. No one is ever wearing a helmet. These are adults. Where my house is, I see kids on them all of the time on sidewalks and such, going at least 15 mph, if not more. Sometimes the come up so fast you barely have time to stop for them if you are backing out of a driveway.

Reactions: cigaretteman
A Central City motorcyclist who was severely injured last month after crashing into a deer has died from his injuries, according to an updated news release from the Linn County Sheriff’s Office.

Daniel Nash, 46, was driving on Whittier Road near Prairie Chapel Road, north of Springville, on Aug. 28, when he struck a deer. He was not wearing a helmet at the time, the news release states.

The Sheriff’s Office was called to the scene at 8:15 p.m., and Nash was flown to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics by Lifeguard Air Ambulance. He was pronounced dead at the hospital on Wednesday, according to the release.

What about the deer?

There have been an absorbent amount of motorcycle, ATV and even E-bike accidents this summer, most were helmetless drivers or passengers. When will we as a state have the common sense to require these people to wear f@#king helmets.

cleaning-sponges.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT