ADVERTISEMENT

another EXTREMELY STUPID idea...

Letsgohawks411

HR All-State
Feb 15, 2015
Wow. Liberal stupidity on parade. How about just focus on dad's in the house??? How about two income families. Blacks, Asians, hispanics, Indians and other minorities in the suburbs don't have these problems because most have responsible, two parent families that are highly involved with their kids. Not blaming everyone else for their poor decisions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...S&cvid=ceb3de0d993e413b9b2bb0a71f6461a6&ei=40

Wow. Liberal stupidity on parade. How about just focus on dad's in the house??? How about two income families. Blacks, Asians, hispanics, Indians and other minorities in the suburbs don't have these problems because most have responsible, two parent families that are highly involved with their kids. Not blaming everyone else for their poor decisions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...S&cvid=ceb3de0d993e413b9b2bb0a71f6461a6&ei=40
Ohhh….so close to making a point.

To reduce Black-on-Black crime, two criminal justice experts explain why offering monthly stipends to people at risk makes sense

We need to quit pandering to stupidity.

High crime black communities need money, absolutely. For better schools, better youth programs, better adult education, better this, better that. What’s not needed and won’t achieve anything is paying people off in the hope that doing so will reduce crime. That notion is absurd.

High crime black communities need money, absolutely. For better schools, better youth programs, better adult education, better this, better that. What’s not needed and won’t achieve anything is paying people off in the hope that doing so will reduce crime. That notion is absurd.
They don't have any answers past throw money at them.

They don't have any answers past throw money at them.

I can see the motivation behind making individuals “earn” a stipend. Requiring them to attend classes, counseling, learn about jobs…it sounds great. But, what’s being done for the actual community where they live? Communities that lack in essentially everything. Criminal recidivism among parolees who return to disadvantaged neighborhoods provides an example of how difficult it is for people who want to do right and have been given tools to do so, fail time and time again. IMO, participants in the stipend program will fare similarly.

I can see the motivation behind making individuals “earn” a stipend. Requiring them to attend classes, counseling, learn about jobs…it sounds great. But, what’s being done for the actual community where they live? Communities that lack in essentially everything. Criminal recidivism among parolees who return to disadvantaged neighborhoods provides an example of how difficult it is for people who want to do right and have been given tools to do so, fail time and time again. IMO, participants in the stipend program will fare similarly.
As far as recidivism for parolees, you’re not wrong; but there’s also social issues at play there. They are stigmatized and not fully welcomed back into society; so things are harder for them.

Some of that is justified, especially depending on what they went to jail for, but idk that we do a great job as a society of truly offering people who did their time a true chance to reenter society.

This grave reality does not mean Black people are inherently violent. Instead, it largely reflects their disproportionate experience of systemic barriers such as poverty and limited access to quality education, good jobs and affordable housing – all factors that research shows contribute to neighborhood violence.
Unfortunately a lot of it is bad cultural habits at this point.

As far as recidivism for parolees, you’re not wrong; but there’s also social issues at play there. They are stigmatized and not fully welcomed back into society; so things are harder for them.

Some of that is justified, especially depending on what they went to jail for, but idk that we do a great job as a society of truly offering people who did their time a true chance to reenter society.
I agree with this completely. Context matters both in terms of the crime, the punishment served and the time that’s passed. The more we continue to punish people after they’ve served their sentence, the fewer options they have. I get “if you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime”, but we too often set it up as “if you can’t do the time (plus this indeterminant arbitrary stuff to come after), don’t do the crime”.

As noted, there are some crimes/circumstances that warrant a harder road back, but we do it way too often.

There’s certainly stigma attached to ex-convicts, no doubt. I wonder how much not being stigmatized matters to the young people who would go through the stipend program though? These are individuals who have probably been exposed to violent crime, who probably have friends or family that are or have been incarcerated, who statistically have a high probability of coming from broken homes, attend poor schools…etc. It’s the crux of the broken windows theory.

I agree with this completely. Context matters both in terms of the crime, the punishment served and the time that’s passed. The more we continue to punish people after they’ve served their sentence, the fewer options they have.

A condition of parole almost always includes following leads for available jobs. A problem with this, of course, is that these tend to be shit jobs. So, why can’t we offer ex-cons better jobs to attempt to reduce recidivism and encourage breaking away from crime. It sounds good, but how many employers who could offer “career “jobs to parolees are willing to do so? There’s no easy answer.

did you read the article? because there is more to the program they're discussing than "paying people off".

A condition of parole almost always includes following leads for available jobs. A problem with this, of course, is that these tend to be shit jobs. So, why can’t we offer ex-cons better jobs to attempt to reduce recidivism and encourage breaking away from crime. It sounds good, but how many employers who could offer “career “jobs to parolees are willing to do so? There’s no easy answer.
Oh, I get that it’s a complex problem and I’ve hired and take background checks into consideration, too….but if we’re serious about trying to reduce recidivism, we have to find better ways to bring these people back into society.

Also worth noting that, generally speaking, the younger adults in society are the ones taking up the bulk of the prison space…..so they’re on the wrong track growing up often and aren’t surrounded by the best people and/or have little home support. They wind up spending a chunk of their late teens/early 20s in prison where their connections are other people in the same boat and then they come out having missed very valuable world-life-lesson time and they’re tossed back into the world not prepared to be successful and then we’re sad when they slide back to what’s familiar.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
There’s certainly stigma attached to ex-convicts, no doubt. I wonder how much not being stigmatized matters to the young people who would go through the stipend program though? These are individuals who have probably been exposed to violent crime, who probably have friends or family that are or have been incarcerated, who statistically have a high probability of coming from broken homes, attend poor schools…etc. It’s the crux of the broken windows theory.

To a limited extent; I’d be okay with some sort of payout program to help parolees get back on their feet - part of the problem they face is when getting out of prison, they not only have to follow all the conditions of parole, they have to get a job, find a place to stay and everything that goes along with that; but they also have to payback court fees often enough.

I’m a firm believer in the idea of putting people in positions to succeed, and all to often for parolees we don’t do that.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
They don’t need much help from the government
What the government can do is (try to) incentivize certain behavior over other behavior. Most of these people don't see or understand the route out, most don't really try.

Better jobs or schools doesn't automatically fix that mindset.

That's why we struggle so badly with this problem. There isn't a magical "think differently" button you can push.

Government has been taking wealth away from black families for generations.
Please explain. This should be entertaining. Black, two-parent families in the suburbs have no problem generating wealth through home equity, 401k, etc. So, the government purposely targets some blacks but not others??? Got it.

I'll share the real reason that liberals have chosen to ignore for decades:

The main wealth destroyer in the black family is teenage pregnancy and one income families. One lady with 3 kids renting an apartment, working 3 jobs is not building equity in a house, is not participating in a 401k and is not watching her kids. This has been the cycle in the black community for DECADES. Would love to hear how you explain those life choices on the government taking their wealth. Again, black families with two parents in the suburbs don't have a problem with wealth generation. Building equity, building retirement in 401k and building kids that are 50% more likely to go to college and 50% less likely to go to jail or commit a violent crime. Facts, my friend, facts.

Please explain. This should be entertaining. Black, two-parent families in the suburbs have no problem generating wealth through home equity, 401k, etc. So, the government purposely targets some blacks but not others??? Got it.

I'll share the real reason that liberals have chosen to ignore for decades:

The main wealth destroyer in the black family is teenage pregnancy and one income families. One lady with 3 kids renting an apartment, working 3 jobs is not building equity in a house, is not participating in a 401k and is not watching her kids. This has been the cycle in the black community for DECADES. Would love to hear how you explain those life choices on the government taking their wealth. Again, black families with two parents in the suburbs don't have a problem with wealth generation. Building equity, building retirement in 401k and building kids that are 50% more likely to go to college and 50% less likely to go to jail or commit a violent crime. Facts, my friend, facts.
Generational wealth has screwed black people for generations. Redlining, imminent domain for stuff like highways and interstate systems, drug laws. You name it. Your argument that black people are doing it to themselves is absurd.

Reactions: IIowaFarmBoy
Just buying more votes. You dems want to keep black people down forever. LBJ said it and did it best... Food stamps and section 8 housing is money from the government.

Reactions: HawkeyeHitman
How do you even function as a person? You’re the most helpless human ever.
HE CAN'T FUNCTION AS A HUMAN BECUZ HE'S A BETA CUCK MARXIST LIBTAHD WHO LIKE BERNIE AND DA SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WISHES HE WAS AN ALPHA DAWG BRUH LIKE YOU AND ME!!!!!!!! THEY CAN'T CRACK OPEN COLD CANS OF SPRITE AND THEN KICK DA LOONY LIBS TO DA CURB DA WAY US FREEDOM-FOOKIN STALLIONS DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE CAN'T FUNCTION AS A HUMAN BECUZ HE'S A BETA CUCK MARXIST LIBTAHD WHO LIKE BERNIE AND DA SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WISHES HE WAS AN ALPHA DAWG BRUH LIKE YOU AND ME!!!!!!!! THEY CAN'T CRACK OPEN COLD CANS OF SPRITE AND THEN KICK DA LOONY LIBS TO DA CURB DA WAY US FREEDOM-FOOKIN STALLIONS DO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, dial back on the crack by at least 40%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT