ADVERTISEMENT

Another QB1 in the portal for next year?

doughuddl2

HR Heisman
Sep 5, 2009
What would you do for QB1 next season?

I've seen rates as high as 30% on reinjuries after the first ACL and Cade's had both knees.

Would a starter look at Iowa with Cade here?

What would you have to pay out in NIL?

Sorry but I don't see CM making it through a full season and there is nobody in house to get Iowa out of the last 10 spots on worst offense.

No way that play calling is the only reason Iowa's offense is at the bottom.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Well I just read Spencer Petras just committed to Utah State he has an NIL value at 250 thousand how is that even possible!

• Wow
Reactions: doughuddl2
I doubt Iowa can pay another QB1. Not sure if Rhule's amount was accurate, but at $1.5m-$2.0m, I'm guessing most programs can only afford one.

I also doubt any other QB looking to play right away would be looking to come to Iowa with Cade coming back.

Hoping Lainez or Resar can develop quickly; I would really like to see an athletic QB who can move.

Cade won’t make it past week 3 next season. He will be injured again and make bank essentially being an Iowa Cheerleader for 2 years. Wish it wasn’t true…but I’m afraid he is just too injury prone.
My thoughts, as well.

With the recent struggles of the Iowa OLine, it's mandatory you have a mobile QB.
Currently, QB1 and QB2 don't meet that criteria.

Cade has nowhere near the supporting cast he had at Michigan.
I don't think there's a chance in hell he makes it through a full season healthy.

I doubt Iowa can pay another QB1. Not sure if Rhule's amount was accurate, but at $1.5m-$2.0m, I'm guessing most programs can only afford one.

I also doubt any other QB looking to play right away would be looking to come to Iowa with Cade coming back.

Hoping Lainez or Resar can develop quickly; I would really like to see an athletic QB who can move.
Rhules amount is accurate.

What would you do for QB1 next season?

I've seen rates as high as 30% on reinjuries after the first ACL and Cade's had both knees.

Would a starter look at Iowa with Cade here?

What would you have to pay out in NIL?

Sorry but I don't see CM making it through a full season and there is nobody in house to get Iowa out of the last 10 spots on worst offense.

No way that play calling is the only reason Iowa's offense is at the bottom.
We need a complete OL to keep a QB healthy.

Play calling is part of the issue, personnel and the coaching of personnel is the biggest issue.

Reactions: abby97
I am beginning to think these starting QBs that are from really good programs are entering the portal just for the money. I understand that OSU hasnt't beaten Michigan, but they are the 6th best team in the country and the starting QB leaves? Sure, maybe the coach is gonna get fired or whatever, but it just seems that the only reason these guys are moving is to see what type of cash they can get.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
I think some of these QBs are leaving because their teams are offering/looking for better QBs in the portal. McCord for sure. It goes both ways I guess.

Unless Deacon Hill enters the portal, Kirk won’t even think about QBs for next year.

• Angry
Reactions: wxhawk
I don't see a QB expecting to transfer in and be a starter. Unless we steal an OC from another school and he has his guy that he brings with him.

Hate to say it but I do not think that KF will search for a QB in the portal. We are going to go into next season with a QB that is one scramble away from another knee issue, and DH. I am not sure who if anyone would stay on behind them unless they were told the number 2 spot is up for grabs. DH certainly is not going anywhere.....no offense to the guy but who would take him except for a smaller program.

Hate to say it but I do not think that KF will search for a QB in the portal. We are going to go into next season with a QB that is one scramble away from another knee issue, and DH. I am not sure who if anyone would stay on behind them unless they were told the number 2 spot is up for grabs. DH certainly is not going anywhere.....no offense to the guy but who would take him except for a smaller program.
Cade better have the best conditioned legs of anyone on the team.

can "school 1"'s nil pay "school 2"'s nil to have "school 2" take a particular "school 1" player without consent of "school 1"'s staff?
i've worded it poorly but i think what i'm implying comes through...:)

I bet USC sticks firm with Nelson or Moss. Probably Nelson. Oregon has apparently reached out to DJ.
While you are almost certainly right, I think there's a 5-10% chance that Caleb stays. I mean, the kid's probably already pulling in close to $10m/year, so it's not like there's hardship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT