ADVERTISEMENT

Another Teacher

McLovin32

HR Legend
Feb 1, 2008

And it sounds like the kids dad knew about it.

Mid-Missouri teacher charged with statutory rape of student, goes to Texas amid investigation​

by Meghan Lane
Thu, January 4th 2024
UserWay icon for accessibility widget

Prosecutors charged Hailey Clifton-Carmack with felony counts of Second-Degree Statutory Rape, Sexual Contact with a Student, Fourth-Degree Child Molestation, and Second-Degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child. (Photo from Laquey School District Facebook)

Prosecutors charged Hailey Clifton-Carmack with felony counts of Second-Degree Statutory Rape, Sexual Contact with a Student, Fourth-Degree Child Molestation, and Second-Degree Endangering the Welfare of a Child. (Photo from Laquey School District Facebook)Twitter Share Icon
Email Share Icon

PULASKI COUNTY — A mid-Missouri high school teacher was charged, accused of having sex with a student in Pulaski County.
Hailey Clifton-Carmack is charged with endangering the welfare of a child, statutory rape, sexual contact with a student, and child molestation.

Carmack was listed on Laquey R-5’s website as a high school math teacher.
According to court records, the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department was contacted by the Laquey school resource officer about a student who reported a sexual relationship between a student and a teacher.

https://trk.nsoftrack.com/9f170404-61ff-440a-96d2-d04e3c13be3a
The student who came forward told officials a 16-year-old classmate, showed them photographs of his back with scratches. The teen said the scratches were from Clifton-Carmack after having sex in the classmate’s driveway.
The student said the teacher is “too friendly with students and sometimes will dress inappropriately at school.” The student also said Clifton-Carmack has openly discussed her personal life in class and said she got in trouble with the administration for being too close with students.
According to the court records, the superintendent of Laquey Schools said the teacher was told about it.
Detectives went to the school district on December 8 to talk with Clifton-Carmack and took her phone. They said Clifton-Carmack denied having any kind of relationship with any students outside of school.
Detectives recovered conversations on Clifton-Carmack’s phone between her and the student discussing their relationship.
Just two days before Christmas, detectives got an anonymous tip that Clifton-Carmack was leaving town to go to Texas but was going to meet with the student before she left.
Another witness told them on January 3 that she went to the student’s home and spoke to his father about the relationship. She said the father knew about the sexual relationship between his son and Clifton-Carmack.
The father told the witness he knew the couple had used students as lookouts while they had sex during school.
According to court documents, Clifton-Carmack left Missouri to go to Texas around December 23 and had not returned as of January 3, 2024. People still living at the teacher’s home in Pulaski County said she moved to Texas to live with her family there and they were not sure if she was going to return to Missouri.
In an email to KRCG 13 News, Laquey R-5 School District Superintendent Kent Stoumbaugh said:
BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT
We have been made aware of criminal charges being filed against an employee for alleged misconduct. We understand that charges are not the same as a conviction and the employee is to be considered innocent until proven guilty. We must stress, however, that the alleged misconduct is inexcusable and does not meet the professional standards for district employees. The district took immediate action once we were aware of this situation. An investigation is ongoing. The employee has not been in the district since December 8, 2023, and we do not anticipate her return. We strive to ensure that every individual is treated with respect, kindness and fairness, so that all feel safe, secure and welcomed in our schools.

PULASKI COUNTY — A mid-Missouri high school teacher was charged, accused of having sex with a student in Pulaski County.
Hailey Clifton-Carmack is charged with endangering the welfare of a child, statutory rape, sexual contact with a student, and child molestation.

Mid? I know I’m older and have poor taste, but she looks pretty good to me

While many of you joke about this I can’t help but think of the Trauma the poor young man went through having sex with his hot young teacher.
Now back to reality, Do you think when word gets out around school that the young man was banging the teacher that he likely has a nice bump in the amount of horny young ladies in his age group throwing their charms his way?

Student's father has been arrested

I'm gonna get raked over the coals by some for this but I think this is the worst part of the situation:
"used students as lookouts while they had sex during school"... that, and the teach was in a position of power over the kid. I don't think the age is a big deal... that kid would not be scarred for life with just the sexual aspect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT