ADVERTISEMENT

Any cool stories from the weekend?

I fell off my mountain bike and hurt my ankle so I just laid on the couch, smoked pot, ate terribly and watched TV all weekend. It was great

Oh yeah, and number 3....

So when Mrs. A and did our (shorter) ride on Saturday, we came up to this intersection, and across the street there's this guy who's pointing at me and flipping me the bird, obviously in jest. I figured it was probably someone i raced with, so I told mrs. A to go ahead. I get across the street, and sure enough, it's a guy I'd raced with, who'd been a tremendous pack sprinter and who I'd not seen in about five years. Defense IT guy.

He proceeded to tell me that since we last saw each other, he'd died twice. I'm like, 'what?!" First time, four days after getting Covid vaccine in 2020, he suddenly dropped dead on the ice playing hockey from heart failure. Fortunately for him, his teammates included a cardiologist and ICU nurse. So he goes through cardiac rehab for a year. Then last jULY 3, he's sitting at home with his son and has a PE, and drops dead. Again they revive him. Two months ICU, including 2 weeks on an ECMO machine, and 2 months in assisted living. He now has two full zippers on his chest, a defibrillator, and takes 9 pills a day. He was out for his third bike ride, trying to keep his HR below 150, since his resting rate is now 90. To my surprise, aside from a little paranoia probably induced by the drugs, and a whole lot of anger at Fauci and the president of Moderna, his mind was surprisingly sharp. Disturbing.

Finally, took delivery of a new ford bronco

Last edited:
I was off Friday afternoon and was able to visit my brothers and their families at my parents farm. Both live out of state and we haven't been all together in over 2 years. That was really nice.

Then this weekend, my son had 5 baseball games. He was the starter for game 5 and after the first kid was walked (later picked him off) he finished the game pitching 5 innings, giving up 1 hit and 1 walk, striking out 4, and allowing zero runs. The kids in the other dugout were very loud at first and yelling at him during his wind up...they were completely silent by the end of the 5th inning. 11U AAA ball is what he plays.

We finished off the weekend by watching the Fever game, it was really close and seemed to have the excitement of a playoff game. WNBA has gotten a lot better. It helps to have the Iowa connection to a couple of players. I admit to being a WNBA bandwagon fan. Pretty much like everyone else watching.

Went fishing and caught some really nice bluegills.

Got absolutely dumped on paddling back to the truck.

When I got on shore I stripped down to my boxer briefs and got loaded up.

Drove home in just my knickers.

Haven't been that wet since rolling around with OP's mom.

spent sunday afternoon/evening on a san diego beach. crazy packed. played catch with a football in waist deep waters. dropped a pass (not surprising since i'm all hawkeye) and the waves carried ball to shore. when i got onto sand, a nice looking lady in bikini was keeping the ball in place so it didn't float away. i thanked her and bent to pick up ball, got nice view of her camel toe, so i thanked her again.

spent sunday afternoon/evening on a san diego beach. crazy packed. played catch with a football in waist deep waters. dropped a pass (not surprising since i'm all hawkeye) and the waves carried ball to shore. when i got onto sand, a nice looking lady in bikini was keeping the ball in place so it didn't float away. i thanked her and bent to pick up ball, got nice view of her camel toe, so i thanked her again.
Thanks. Dick.

giphy.webp

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
I shot hoops for awhile with the neighbor kid on Friday evening. I don’t think I can beat him in one-on-one anymore and I wasn’t about to try. I don’t have kids of my own, but I can see how bittersweet it must be for parents to witness how rapidly their kids grow up. That same kid used to come over and get popsicles that my wife kept stocked for him. That seems like yesterday!

Reactions: CaboKP
I did the usual things any competent man that doesn’t have to call another competent man to do his man things would do, Plumbing, electrical, HVAC and yard work. I drank a beer and cooked a steak and celebrated my masculinity today.
I put a new alternator in boy #2's car and killed a spider over the weekend.
Angry King Kong GIF by Xbox

Mowed, took my daughter fishing, Saturday mornings my daughter and I wake up early and cut a bouquet of wildflowers for my wife out of the meadow. Lots of chalk in the driveway and wagon rides. Friday was my mother's retirement party, we took her to Cooper Hawk. Worked the modeat mouse/ Pixies show at vibrant last night.

Decent little weekend.

20240625-073210.jpg

Act like you are not impressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaboKP
I spent the weekend replacing the bushings, tie rods and ball joints on my wife's car (and took it for an alignment). Then rewired the SUV's trailer light connector and the lights on the trailer.

I will say, my wife has an older Mini Cooper S, and doing all of that stuff was a breeze since the sub frame in the front comes out pretty easily and most of it is mounted to the subframe. After redoing the suspension earlier, the thing rides better than new and steering is nice and tight. I told her it was ready for the track.

I spent the weekend replacing the bushings, tie rods and ball joints on my wife's car (and took it for an alignment). Then rewired the SUV's trailer light connector and the lights on the trailer.

I will say, my wife has an older Mini Cooper S, and doing all of that stuff was a breeze since the sub frame in the front comes out pretty easily and most of it is mounted to the subframe. After redoing the suspension earlier, the thing rides better than new and steering is nice and tight. I told her it was ready for the track.
I've always wanted a British racing green, with the stitched camel leather interior, Cooper S ( or JCW) convertible with a 5 speed. That would be an incredibly fun car to drive and with a little money you could have a blast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT