ADVERTISEMENT

Any other middle aged guys get a calcium heart attack risk test?

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
I highly recommend it! It's easy and only costs around $75.

I turned 40 in April. I often hear stories of seemingly healthy middle aged guys keeling over from heart attacks out of the blue.

I try to stay shredded physically doing power walks, stair pushups and shower squats. I also have 6 coronavirus vaccines in my blood and I've taken fish oil daily since 2011.

Alas, my diet is pretty awful, like most Americans. I eat subs, General Tsos chicken, nachos and pizza with blue cheese dressing on the crust on the regular.

I asked my Doctor about doing a calcium test, which shows plaque build up in the arteries. It was extremely easy.

It's like a 3 minute MRI for the heart. I lied down on the stretcher and went back and forth into a tube with an opening at the end.

I got my results last night and it was a 0!

Perfect score!

"Brian's coronary artery calcium score is 0. This correlates to no identifiable plaque and very low, less than 5% probability of significant coronary artery disease."

Ask your doctor today if a heart calcium test is right for you. It could save your life.

CSB.

Last edited:
Reactions: VodkaSam
Thats fantastic if no plaque detected. I didn’t know it, until I started taking a statin about 8 years ago, but any plaque buildup in the arteries, never goes away? I believe a better diet and/or a statin the only way to eliminate or slow future plaque build-up?

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianNole777
Did one last year at recommendation of doctor during annual physical. Heart issues across males on my dad’s side.

Came back with a 3 which “is consistent with minimal plaque. The risk of coronary artery disease is unlikely. ANNUAL RISK OF DEATH OR MI DUE TO CHD: Approximately 0.4% over the next 3-5 years.”

Easy test though indeed

Thats fantastic if no plaque detected. I didn’t know it, until I started taking a statin about 8years ago, but any plaque buildup in the arteries, never goes away? I believe a better diet and/or a statin the only way to eliminate or slow future plaque build-up?

Yeah. Good for you to take a statin.

Health doesn't get better as we age. We all get disabilities of some type.

Reactions: VodkaSam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT