ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else love being a parent but loathe having a newborn?

I was spoiled with my babies. Son had som gas pains, other than that slept well and ate well. Daughter slept 6 hours straight 1st night, sleeping through the night by 2 weeks. She was very content. Not so much anymore LOL. Although she hated to drive would scream the whole way.

But you will have rose colored glasses when you look back on it cause it goes so quick in the rear view mirror.

I was spoiled with my babies. Son had som gas pains, other than that slept well and ate well. Daughter slept 6 hours straight 1st night, sleeping through the night by 2 weeks. She was very content. Not so much anymore LOL. Although she hated to drive would scream the whole way.

See what I mean OP?! :)

• Haha
Reactions: SeaPA
I'll give you $425 for that kid right now, no questions
Sorry, no eating kids right now.

OrPIjN.gif

Reactions: BrianNole777
Trust me. All mine are out if the house recently and it goes by in a nanosecond.

I love all my kids and am happy for them to be succeeding beyond age 18. But I miss having them around all the time and can't believe how fast it goes. Just seems like yesterday they were all just going off to kindergarten.

When they were young I heard all the older parents say just what I'm telling you now and I honestly thought BS. Now that I'm at now where they were then, its exactly correct.

I know they are a challenge now and will give you many more but all the challenges will pale in comparison to the fullness they bring to your life. Along with the constant anxiety caring about people brings.:)

Each one is different. Our oldest slept well and was easy. Second still isn’t a good sleeper and is nearly four. And then we had twins, so any complaints about a single child not sleeping fall on deaf ears.

One day, when an infant approaches one, you realize they’re sleeping better and realize how hard the first 6+ months were.

Reactions: BrianNole777
My own were mostly great because I had the boobs with the magic sleepy juice. I did not follow safe sleep practices and they slept with me so I could sleep. Fortunately it worked out.
My grandsons are terrible sleepers. Freaking awful. They are 9 months and 23 months. And my boobs are out of magic sleepy juice so I can't help. I just got back to Colorado this week after staying with them for about 5 weeks and god bless my son and daughter in law because I can't remember the last time I was so tired.

My own were mostly great because I had the boobs with the magic sleepy juice. I did not follow safe sleep practices and they slept with me so I could sleep. Fortunately it worked out.
My grandsons are terrible sleepers. Freaking awful. They are 9 months and 23 months. And my boobs are out of magic sleepy juice so I can't help. I just got back to Colorado this week after staying with them for about 5 weeks and god bless my son and daughter in law because I can't remember the last time I was so tired.

You should have brought some magic sleepy juice from Colorado

Don’t get me wrong, I love ours. Took everything (that which some are trying to ban) to get. But holy hell, this lack of sleep thing…You completely forget until you have to do it again.

I'd trade my left arm to go back and start with my newborn again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT