ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone handy with appliance repair?

Feb 9, 2013
I have a dryer giving a bad thermistor code. I’ve ordered the part and it’s cheap, but I have to take the entire dryer apart just to access and replace it. Anyone know of a shortcut to the thermistor?

I read a comment mentioning going in through the back (yes, that’s what she said), but no details on how to do it.

Sincere thanks for any guidance.

Reactions: lucas80
I'm handy at using Youtube to figure out how to fix stuff.

How bout this?
The drum for our dryer stopped spinning. I went to Youtube to see about a fix. Lots of stuff about rollers and belts, etc. Then I found one that suggested a first step - spin the drum backwards. I did that and it worked perfectly. That was three years ago.

I'd do this repair, following these directions - IF I had the exact or very similar Whirlpool dryer. To me, seems pretty straight forward if you are good at fixing stuff (like I am). Otherwise, try searching for replacing the thermistor on your exact model (assuming different from this video's Whirlpool).

I'd do this repair, following these directions - IF I had the exact or very similar Whirlpool dryer. To me, seems pretty straight forward if you are good at fixing stuff (like I am). Otherwise, try searching for replacing the thermistor on your exact model (assuming different from this video's Whirlpool).
Thanks, appreciate the advice.

I can do it - I replaced rollers and circuits on my old dryer and got another three years out of it. It’s not too bad taking them apart but was just trying to avoid it if possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT