ADVERTISEMENT

Media Availability, 8/27

Adam Jacobi

HB MVP
Staff
Dec 30, 2022
Hello from the Kinnick press box y'all! Eliot is on a well-deserved preseason vacation, so here's what we've gotten from the players. Kirk up at 1:30.

Cade obviously declined to comment on the NCAA investigation and Kirk's suspension, other than to note that the team loves him and will be rallying behind him. Some other good stuff about camp and his road back here.

Didn't have much time with Luke, but I had to ask about his 'stache — wasn't going to tell him to his face that it needs work, but let's see that thing get some heft before the season is out.

Good stuff from Beau Stephens on how he and the rest of the line have been developing this offseason — and the last few years.

Deontae Craig was one of the first athletes out there, so a bigger crowd and more Ferentz questions than he'd usually get in instances like these. Pretty easy to tell he's growing into a vocal leader on this year's D-Line.

Jacob Gill, starting WR talking about navigating his first game as a Hawkeye without his head coach and position coach. I tried asking what a WR coach would ordinarily be doing for him on gamedays, since there's no playcalling involved. Got a broader answer but I think he touched enough on the Saturday aspect.

Sebastian Castro talking about how this year's defense is different and how they can get better. With as many first-year starters as Iowa used last year, the tightening bonds between teammates are going to be critical going into 2024.

Two parts with Jermari Harris — apologies for the sound in the first half, he's a quiet talker and there was lots of ambient noise. Second half should be easier to hear. For as much competition has been at CB, his job has been (as near as we can tell) pretty well safe. Lot of Phil Parker talk as well.

Kirk up at 1:45.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.