ADVERTISEMENT

Anything different with you (or someone you know) since getting the COVID-19 vaccine?

alaskanseminole

HB Legend
Oct 20, 2002
Just curious if anyone has noticed anything odd since getting the vaccine or know someone who has experienced anything strange? This isn't a conspiracy theory thread, just a discussion. Personally, I'm vaccinated and haven't noticed anything out of the norm.

EDIT: If you or a loved one got flu-like symptoms, that's expected and NOT out of the norm.

EDIT #2: Seriously, folks. Looking for weird stuff like growing a 3rd arm after getting the vaccine, not how you felt after testing positive for the disease or that your arm was sore.

However,

- My no-pics mom said she's always hated mushrooms, but since getting the vaccine she craves them.
- My no-pics mom's friend said she used to love mushrooms, but since getting the vaccine she can't stand them.
- My no-pics wife said her monthly "flow" is different.

Are these coincidences? Nuances? Nothing? What about you guys/gals? Anything out of the norm?

Last edited:
I was vaccinated and then got delta. No lingering effects that I can notice. My delta bout was 2 days of fever then another 4-5 days of waiting for the respiratory symptoms to clear up (used OTC acetaminophen, pseudoephedrine, dxm to treat symptoms). By two weeks, felt like a million bucks.

Since getting vaccinated I noticed that I haven't gotten Covid. I got the booster last weekend and I notice that I still haven't gotten Covid. Same goes for my 4 other family members.

I personally don't know any vaccinated people that have gotten Covid. I know a dozen or so people that got Covid before vaccinations were available. I know another 3-4 that refused to get vaccinated and got Covid.

4 posts in and people can't use other existing threads to climb on their soapboxes.

Color me shocked.

200.gif

My mom got a fever and felt very sick for a day after her second shot and after her booster. Other than that, no.

4 posts in and people can't use other existing threads to climb on their soapboxes.

Color me shocked.

200.gif
I noticed how it was going after two posts and piled on. Vaccination did not change my opinion on mushrooms or alter my menstruation.

But I do believe I am a better driver since the booster. Much more agile in low gears.

Since getting vaccinated I noticed that I haven't gotten Covid. I got the booster last weekend and I notice that I still haven't gotten Covid. Same goes for my 4 other family members.

I personally don't know any vaccinated people that have gotten Covid. I know a dozen or so people that got Covid before vaccinations were available. I know another 3-4 that refused to get vaccinated and got Covid.

We have around 6,000 employees and there have been 10 or so fully-vaccinated employees who subsequently tested positive. None got seriously ill. Most had no symptoms at all.

Anyway no, nothing weird happened to me after getting the shot, but the second one did knock me on my ass for about 36 hours.

Reactions: GES4
My wife (no pic) who is vaccinated tested positive for Covid last Friday. She felt fine prior to that but once she lost her taste and smell she decided to get tested and it came back positive. Other than that she doesn't have any other symptoms.

Just curious if anyone has noticed anything odd since getting the vaccine or know someone who has experienced anything strange? This isn't a conspiracy theory thread, just a discussion. Personally, I'm vaccinated and haven't noticed anything out of the norm.

EDIT: If you or a loved one got flu-like symptoms, that's expected and NOT out of the norm.

However,

- My no-pics mom said she's always hated mushrooms, but since getting the vaccine she craves them.
- My no-pics mom's friend said she used to love mushrooms, but since getting the vaccine she can't stand them.
- My no-pics wife said her monthly "flow" is different.

Are these coincidences? Nuances? Nothing? What about you guys/gals? Anything out of the norm?

My wife also had heavier periods when she got the vaccine but they are returning to normal. Some friends of hers also said the same thing.

Me: No changes

Reactions: alaskanseminole

Have you and all your friends been tested regularly to know for sure you haven’t gotten covid?

I had a sore arm for a day after my second shot.

I'm more comfortable going out in public than I was prior to being vaccinated.

I went to a concert a few weeks ago; hadn't done that in 18 months.

I've had nothing unusual. I have one friend who had a very bad reaction to her 2nd shot. She's always been very fit - works out, jogs, bikes...she had major issues shortly after round 2, would get winded just walking to the mailbox, heart rate spikes, stuff like that. Last time I talked to her husband, she's about back to normal, but it was very concerning for them for awhile. They were getting pissed because the doctor would tell her she was just out of shape & needed to start exercising.

Have you and all your friends been tested regularly to know for sure you haven’t gotten covid?
Yes. I've done a bunch of travel that has required it. I have not tested my friends. That would be weird.

No side effects of the vaccine.

Had a cold, home test said I was positive, next day said negative, so I either had the COVID or a rare false positive home test.

Been living my life as normal as allowed (maskless unless required) since fully vaccinated. Don't think twice about crowds or anything. Before vaccination, I was masking, and cautious, while not overly restricting myself. Was pretty freewheeling outside, but chose inside spots only with good distancing. Now, I really don't consider any of those things.

Just the standard changes...Great 5G coverage, beeping in my arm, metal all sticks to me, and of course I hear that whiny bitch Bill Gates talking from my arm all the damn time!

My old ass mom (no pics) claims she is more forgetful and wishes she had not gotten vaccinated. We let her know she was forgetful well before the vaccine was even available. Even though vaccinated she makes some of the most outlandish arguments against being vaccinated.
Honestly, the biggest societal change wrought by COVID, in my opinion, is it appears to have absolutely BROKEN about 75 percent of Boomers. They are even more agitated, angry and deranged than before, almost en masse.

Reactions: bojihawk44
My wife (no pic) who is vaccinated tested positive for Covid last Friday. She felt fine prior to that but once she lost her taste and smell she decided to get tested and it came back positive. Other than that she doesn't have any other symptoms.
Hope she stays ok!

My wife menstrual cycle has been screwed up since. She will have 4 week cycle some cycles then 5-6 on others. Not anti-vaxx but that kind thing being so common makes you wonder about fertility.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Yes. I’ve shared this before in another thread. My co-worker developed Aplastic Anemia due to the vaccine shot. He apparently is 1 of 18 in the US with this type of reaction. His platelet count has been under 10 for the last couple months. Normal is 150 - 400. He’s now going through an experimental 4 day treatment of intensive immunosuppressive IV chemotherapy.

I don't know anyone who had anything other than normal side effects and no one that I know personally has had a breakthrough case. I take that back. I have someone I went to high school with that just had one. Otherwise people I know of but not know personally.

We have around 6,000 employees and there have been 10 or so fully-vaccinated employees who subsequently tested positive. None got seriously ill. Most had no symptoms at all.

Anyway no, nothing weird happened to me after getting the shot, but the second one did knock me on my ass for about 36 hours.
That's even better than I thought

6k employees vaxxed and only 10 got it.

Yes. I’ve shared this before in another thread. My co-worker developed Aplastic Anemia due to the vaccine shot. He apparently is 1 of 18 in the US with this type of reaction. His platelet count has been under 10 for the last couple months. Normal is 150 - 400. He’s now going through an experimental 4 day treatment of intensive immunosuppressive IV chemotherapy.
Or your coworker just developed aplastic anemia. Although it’s a fairly rare condition, approximately 20,000 people in the US are diagnosed with it every year.

Personally, my only symptoms have been an irrational sense of being bulletproof from the virus and a growing impatience and intolerance towards the fools who refuse to vaccinate.

Or your coworker just developed aplastic anemia. Although it’s a fairly rare condition, approximately 20,000 people in the US are diagnosed with it every year.

Personally, my only symptoms have been an irrational sense of being bulletproof from the virus and a growing impatience and intolerance towards the fools who refuse to vaccinate.
I’m just going with what the doctor’s told him. I’m sure you know more than they do.

Nothing I can think of really. If anything things have gotten better. My sight has gotten much better out of both of my left eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
Many of my friends now feel compelled to tell everyone they're vaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT