ADVERTISEMENT

AOC wants retro-active Unemployment in Stimulus

I would have to say all of them...
So you don't believe healthcare, homelessness, immigration, public safety, or education are real issues for Americans? I understand they may not be issues for you and that you certainly don't agree with her solutions, but you don't think they are important? What do you think are the most important issues for Americans?

Your support is irrelevant, I'm just saying that these are real issues. You seem to think she's just proposing peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.

You asked how I viewed her positions,.. yes, they look like peanut butter & jelly sandwiches to me.

So you don't believe healthcare, homelessness, immigration, public safety, or education are real issues for Americans? I understand they may not be issues for you and that you certainly don't agree with her solutions, but you don't think they are important? What do you think are the most important issues for Americans?

Right now I would say covid and the economy,.. Concentrate on those two issues and Biden will have a very successful first term...

Exactly...because of people like you...Trump voters. Read the Green New Deal and tell me I'm wrong. Tell me how she doesn't care about our country. Because Trump still doesn't. The Democrats at least try to help people.
Not a fan of the GND but I'll take AOC any day over Marjorie QAnon

Now that the most dangerous and destructive president of our lifetime is finally getting thrown out of office, I can go back to hating on liberal Democrats. AOC is annoying and her politics are largely bad for America. Biden wants to spend $2B on a stimulus package and she wants more? GTFO. The aid should be targeted, otherwise it's wasteful.
Uh 2 trillion

No, I asked how you thought they weren't real life issues.

Fine,.. They no longer look like peanut & butter sandwiches,.. They now look to me like things that aren't real life issues..

Fine,.. They no longer look like peanut & butter sandwiches,.. They now look to me like things that aren't real life issues..

Sigh. Just forget it. If healthcare, tax reform, and climate change aren't real life issues, then just forget it. You're clearly unwilling to consider a viewpoint other than the one you already have.

A good day to you, sir.

Reactions: Rifler
Sigh. Just forget it. If healthcare, tax reform, and climate change aren't real life issues, then just forget it. You're clearly unwilling to consider a viewpoint other than the one you already have. A good day to you, sir.

You've been here long enough to know that this place isn't heavily populated with potential converts,.. However, I can see that you are a Cub fan which indicates that you are an optimist of the highest level so I understand the effort... Enjoy your weekend.

Reactions: IACub
Right now I would say covid and the economy,.. Concentrate on those two issues and Biden will have a very successful first term...
Agreed those are the pressing issues right now, but that doesn't make her issues not real which is what you claimed earlier. Also healthcare, housing, immigration, and education are issues that have been impacted by Covid.

Reactions: dirtypool
Agreed those are the pressing issues right now, but that doesn't make her issues not real which is what you claimed earlier. Also healthcare, housing, immigration, and education are issues that have been impacted by Covid.

My claim was that a majority of her issues are not real issues for me,.. I'm certain that they are real to her..

She got elected. Elections have consequences. Her insanity is permeating many aspects of our culture. Not good.

The right's rank and file: Qanon is a valid point of view that needs to be acknowledged and respected and the most secure election in history needs to be overturned because people are saying..., and congress people should be able to pack heat on the senate floor because muh freedoms.

The left's "insanity:" people who lost their jobs due to the pandemic that had bills piling up over the last ten months should be able to pay them.

I really hate the double standard that exists in this country's politics. The "both sides" stuff is as much a religion to some people as Christianity. "CNN is exactly the same as Fox News!" No, it f*cking isn't. "AOC and Bernie Sanders are just like Margery Taylor Green or Steve King!" Again, no they're f*cking not. Not by a long shot.

My claim was that a majority of her issues are not real issues for me,.. I'm certain that they are real to her..
I don't see the qualification, "for me" in your original post.

I'm fine with her methods, I just don't see her important issues as "real life issues",.. Also, I refuse to watch Sean Hannity. He's been out of control since Alan Colmes left him years ago...

Last edited:
Reactions: steelhawkeye
Its fun watching the Demmcratic Establishment Cuomo and Schumer sparing it out with this coalition.

Cuomo and Schumer at least know you have to pay for all these programs. They also know if you tax citizens too much they move out of state, or find ways to earn money not on W2's.

These are the 6 key issues AOC lists on her campaign page. Whether you agree with her solutions or not, I think they all represent important issues. Which do you not believe are "real life issues"?

MEDICARE FOR ALL

Alexandria is advocating for:

• Healthcare as a human right;
  • Safe and affordable prescription medications; and
  • H.R.1384 - Medicare for All Act
HOUSING AS A HUMAN RIGHT
Alexandria supports:

• An end to unjust evictions;
  • Reduced homelessness;
  • Holding landlords accountable;
  • Ensuring that every U.S. resident has a home they can be proud of;
  • H.R.6515 - Rent and Mortgage Cancellation Act of 2020
  • H.R.5185 - Green New Deal for Public Housing Act
  • H.R.4546 - Public Housing Emergency Response Act
  • H.R.5072 - A Just Society: A Place to Prosper Act
REAL PUBLIC SAFETY
Alexandria strongly supports:

• H.R.5070 - A Just Society: The Mercy In Re-entry Act;
  • H.Res. 702 - The People’s Justice Guarantee;
  • Defunding police and investing in healthcare, housing, education and other services;
  • Ending qualified immunity for police and making police misconduct records public;
  • The use of clemency and emergency powers to reduce vulnerable populations and limit the spread of the Coronavirus in prison;
  • The release of individuals over the age of 50 currently serving a sentence of one year or less or serving time for a parole violation at Rikers Island.

HONOR IN IMMIGRATION
Alexandria is in favor of:

• Undocumented people having access to testing and treatment for the virus;
  • Providing all taxpayers with access to expanded unemployment benefits;
  • Allowing all income-eligible residents to receive the maximum amount in stimulus checks, regardless of immigration status; and
  • H.R.5071 - A Just Society: The Embrace Act

A JUST RECOVERY FOR PUERTO RICO

ELEVATE PUBLIC EDUCATION
Alexandria is working to:

• Protect our public schools from corporate greed and budget cuts;
  • Enhance the public school curriculum to educate and prepare our children for the high demand, skilled trades of the present and future;
  • Make public college tuition-free for everyone; and
  • Cancel all student debt
  • Enact H.R.3472 - College for All Act
Yeah...what a bitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT