ADVERTISEMENT

Are sex changes for prisoners a significant issue for you

Do you think whether sex changes occur in prisons is a significant issue in this country?

• Total voters
Significant?

The answer is clearly NO.

With that being said, taxpayers shouldn't be paying a dime for any of the related expense.

I'd also be concerned with the wellbeing of a trans inmate.

I would have to guess their safety with other inmates would be in jeopardy.

Reactions: Rifler
This SCOTUS confirmed it is a mental health issue, and it's approved as a treatment by every major US medical association. Hate it or not, the health of the people we incarcerate is our responsibility.
i get that, though what a bizarre paradox to provide that form of mental health treatment to a person we're locking in a box for a term of years.

This SCOTUS confirmed it is a mental health issue, and it's approved as a treatment by every major US medical association. Hate it or not, the health of the people we incarcerate is our responsibility.

If they change genders, do they change prisons?

For example, would a male switch to a female prison?

The problem is medical/psychiatric profession screws up diagnosis and treatment.

I'd love to see the actual life history of some of the inmates that actually get this.

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Reactions: BrianNole777
Significant?

The answer is clearly NO.

With that being said, taxpayers shouldn't be paying a dime for any of the related expense.

I'd also be concerned with the wellbeing of a trans inmate.

I would have to guess their safety with other inmates would be in jeopardy.
Is it a national issue though? Seems state level.

No, though honestly, I don't think it ought to be part of the basic package of health care benefits available to prisoners. Obviously, when the G takes responsibility for custody of a person, they have a duty to keep them healthy. But, unlike Walgreens, a prison is not the corner of healthy and happy.
I can endorse this.

Abortion is also an insignificant issue for me and my position would be similar to this,.. No taxpayer funding.

Reactions: Hans81
The problem is medical/psychiatric profession screws up diagnosis and treatment.

I'd love to see the actual life history of some of the inmates that actually get this.
it also raises some interesting ethical questions. Suppose for the sake of argument everybody's squared away with the diagnosis, but the prisoner's term is relatively short and their access to post-procedure services is likely to be limited.

How did PF vote? I was just wondering which issue was most important to our resident expert this go around. I typically follow his lead on these critical matters.

1) Surgery on trans prisoners ?
2) Trans athletes competing in women's sports?
3) Puberty blockers on adolescents. ?
4) Trans women in women’s bathrooms?

Random question that just popped into my head.....when a male prisoner has an operation while in prison to go from penis to vagina......does that prisoner get transferred to a women's prison?

Not necessarily,.. However the question was posed as "significant to me",... Which it is not.
You said in response to not having a uterus that:

"That is a pretty significant part of my reasoning,.. Yes."

C'mon man. Own it. Good for you. Swing that dick and be proud!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT