ADVERTISEMENT

Are there really that many people who don’t need to get where they’re going on airplanes?

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
It amazes me that a person would choose this shit over getting where they were planning on going on a flight on which they meticulously chose to travel.

How do you buy the ticket, pay the bill, pack a bag, travel to the airport, wait at security checkpoints, hang out at the gate, board the plane and then decide, “I’m gonna just cancel all this shit because I now choose to be a goddamned fool for no reason whatsoever.”

It amazes me that a person would choose this shit over getting where they were planning on going on a flight on which they meticulously chose to travel.

How do you buy the ticket, pay the bill, pack a bag, travel to the airport, wait at security checkpoints, hang out at the gate, board the plane and then decide, “I’m gonna just cancel all this shit because I now choose to be a goddamned fool for no reason whatsoever.”

c19730c84b95b1e13c24c08272148f1d.jpg

Since my air travel slowed down, I've just been Platinum on Delta lately, so not many first class upgrades. I actually prefer exit row to Delta comfort. When the flight attendant asks me if I'm willing and able to help, I respond with an enthusiastic "oh heck yeah", or if I'm leaving Wisconsin, an equally enthusiastic "you betcha". I add that I'll be showing everyone the fastest way out and lead by example.

I find it interesting when someone sitting in the exit row needs help lifting a 20 lb. carryon bag, but then says they can lift a 45 lb. exit row door.

Since my air travel slowed down, I've just been Platinum on Delta lately, so not many first class upgrades. I actually prefer exit row to Delta comfort. When the flight attendant asks me if I'm willing and able to help, I respond with an enthusiastic "oh heck yeah", or if I'm leaving Wisconsin, an equally enthusiastic "you betcha". I add that I'll be showing everyone the fastest way out and lead by example.

I find it interesting when someone sitting in the exit row needs help lifting a 20 lb. carryon bag, but then says they can lift a 45 lb. exit row door.

Ha!

If it’s the right flight attendant and crowd, I will throw out a sarcastic “I suppose” or a John Gielgud “it’s what I live for.”

Reactions: Finance85
Ha!

If it’s the right flight attendant and crowd, I will throw out a sarcastic “I suppose” or a John Gielgud “it’s what I live for.”

Honestly, I doubt the flight attendant wants to hear any funny answers. It's a silly game they have to play thanks to the bureaucrats and they just want to get the task over and done with.

Just say, "Yes" and otherwise STFU.

The woman was an idiot for any answer other than yes, I can perform my safety row duties. airlines have no sense of humor, and I imagine it is even less on a Frontier flight out of Charlotte.
I can imagine that woman saying something about saving herself when first asked because she is loud and funny in her mind, because as the situation escalated she was certainly arguing she agreed to safety row rules.

Honestly, I doubt the flight attendant wants to hear any funny answers. It's a silly game they have to play thanks to the bureaucrats and they just want to get the task over and done with.

Just say, "Yes" and otherwise STFU.

They usually laugh. Pound sand.

It sure sounds like they actually agreed to assist if needed. She was likely just joking initially and maybe she was nervous or perhaps her first flight ever, who knows?

Seems no one can cut anyone a break anymore, just wield authority like a blunt hammer and no attempt whatsoever to exhibit any grace or understanding towards others. What a country.

It sure sounds like they actually agreed to assist if needed. She was likely just joking initially and maybe she was nervous or perhaps her first flight ever, who knows?

Seems no one can cut anyone a break anymore, just wield authority like a blunt hammer and no attempt whatsoever to exhibit any grace or understanding towards others. What a country.

Are you serious? At least five different airline representatives (including the pilot) tried to talk some sense into her before the police got called in.

No. Federal regulations require a clear "yes" response. She refused to do that.
Correct. They are very succinct in the regulations for sitting in that seat. I use them regularly if not bumped up and have even been tapped on the shoulder while sleeping. All you have to do is verbally say "Yes". That's it. They don't have time to play games. That's for when they're at the hotel bar later that night.

Correct. They are very succinct in the regulations for sitting in that seat. I use them regularly if not bumped up and have even been tapped on the shoulder while sleeping. All you have to do is verbally say "Yes". That's it. They don't have time to play games. That's for when they're at the hotel bar later that night.

The other 200 people on that plane didn't have time for her games, either. But they all got delayed, thanks to her.

The passengers should have all been allowed to sucker punch her while she's being walked to the squad car.

Reactions: millah_22

Typically if they say no, they have to move them. There are no just kiddings, there are no take backs, if they say no, they get moved. They do not f*ck around.

If they start adding extra and fighting about it, then they get removed from the plane.

No, she was trash, entitled trash, and she got booted. **** her and the train she rolled in on.

FAFO

Looks like a lot of you would be better suited working for an airline.

Do we all really think that the little old ladies who paid extra to sit in the exit aisle are going to save us when needed?

Of course they will, they said yes!

All I’m saying is she may not have been aware of that. Not everyone is a daily intercontinental frequent flyer like us ballers here on GIAOT.

The flight attendant's required speech is very clear on that. You have to say "yes" or we will have to reseat you.

She didn't say "yes" and refused to be reseated.

Game Over.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT