ADVERTISEMENT

Are wind farms Ioway's most interesting skyline?

Don’t worry about that, Des Moines is beautiful! The QC skyline has bigger things to worry about…

lCBYm72.jpeg
I can smell that photo.

Reactions: LuciousBDragon
It's Larry Zach. :)

I have signed editions of Old Rivals I, II, and III.
Much shame for my family..

The old rivals series is a personal favorite. I think I like 2 more than 1 but not a huge fan of 3.

Also, I thought it was Zach but apparently there is a Larry zok from des moines as well and looked up the wrong guy.

Much shame, I shall say many forgivenesses.

Reactions: HawkMachine
So, back on topic. Safe to say your entry for most interesting Ioway skyline are mississippiscapes?
I just think it's probably the most interesting urban view in a state that doesn't have many, primarily because it's on the country's largest and most important river.

Des Moines looks like a mini Indianapolis - a few tall buildings surrounded by flat farmland.
Cedar Rapids looks like Peoria with a smaller river.

And that's about it.

Dubuque is also kind of cool, IMO, with the bluffs and funicular and ice harbor.

DBQ.jpg

dubuque-iowa-skyline-steven-ralser.jpg

It's an aesthetic I happen to like. Don't really give a shit if others don't. 🤷‍♂️

I just think it's probably the most interesting urban view in a state that doesn't have many, primarily because it's on the country's largest and most important river.

Des Moines looks like a mini Indianapolis - a few tall buildings surrounded by flat farmland.

And that's about it.

Dubuque is also kind of cool, IMO, with the bluffs and funicular and ice harbor.

It's an aesthetic I happen to like. Don't really give a shit if others don't. 🤷‍♂️

In a sea of blah, Dubuque wins the best Ioway cityscape award - to my eye anyway.

And that's about it.

DBQ.jpg

You ever been to ottumwa?

/s

Des Moines hacks try to come at you with these over-stylized and over-filtered shots of Principal's big brown juicer and EMC's Absolut bottle, and the bridge to the courthouse but come on - it sucks. It's the most Ioway little brother thing ever to try and compare it to a real city scape. And we all know everywhere else blows - CR, the 'loo, Dirty D.

And just endless corn and beans are boring AF. Sure, snap the pic at just the right sunrise / sunset and it looks fine - but so could a mow shed in Waukee suburbia if the angles are just right.

So, are the sharp modern white lines of a windmill breaking up the contrasting greens, yellows, and blues of the natural landscape Iowa's most interesting skyline? I say yes.

A non-stylized, non-overfiltered picture for your review.

583038333487e.image.jpg
C'mon, man. You're starting a thread challenging people to convince you that IOWA has terrific aesthetic qualities?

To quote you in multiple areas of this thread - "That's cheating."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT