ADVERTISEMENT

Are you more likely to trust or distrust people upon meeting them?

Well?

• Trust

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Don't Trust

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

Hawki97

HB Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
Let's say you're meeting a new person through an acquaintance or at work (not through a trusted friend that may take down your guard). Are you more likely to trust that person and give them the benefit of the doubt? Or are do you throw up the wall of skepticism immediately and stay guarded?

Let's say you're meeting a new person through an acquaintance or at work (not through a trusted friend that may take down your guard). Are you more likely to trust that person and give them the benefit of the doubt? Or are do you throw up the wall of skepticism immediately and stay guarded?
Trust, but verify. I’m not a moron, so I never bought into the stranger danger concept.

Depends on what my spidey senses pick up during the meeting. One thing I will say that it a red flag is if the person ends the conversation with an unsolicited, "God Bless You". I'm not against people with faith at all, but I've found the unsolicited, "God Bless You" people can't be trusted as far as they can be thrown.

200w.gif

They'll kind of tell you if they're full of shit or not soon enough, no? Wait and see? You could get me with mock humility more easily than bravado.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
This is me, all day, every day. I can trust you, but I'm still not going to take your word for it. I think I've done a pretty good job of instilling that in the daughter - knowing that it's not what you say, but what you can prove that matters.

I’m more of a “don’t trust, verify, then still think twice about trusting” kind of person. I’ve seen what people do when they think no one’s looking.

I'm usually pretty decent on getting a good feel for a person very early on.

I can still be surprised on occasion that first impressions turn out vastly different down the road, but most generally not.

As someone who has worked in the Human Resources profession for (checks calendar) 35 years, listen to me on this:

Trust no one.

As someone who has worked in the Human Resources profession for (checks calendar) 35 years, listen to me on this:

Trust no one.
Don't need you're experience to figure that out.

Hell there's some fairly close family members I don't even trust, at least definitely not 100%.

Definitely not any of them slutty 12-yr-olds.

Bishes will turn your ass into the po-po after the first date!!!!

👀

20+ years i used to trust noone. then i joined hrot and learned that it makes a lot more sense to just trust everyone. i think i wrote that correctly.

Sounds like someone is back to meeting anonymous dudes in public toilets again? One of them roll you and you've in the hospital the last couple days? Hope it was worth it!

Sounds like someone is back to meeting anonymous dudes in public toilets again? One of them roll you and you've in the hospital the last couple days? Hope it was worth it!
6267a459193c34adc25ecc6cd801e9bc.gif

I already told you to quit living out your fantasies through my posts twink! Nobody wants your handies…except Rico of course. Quit DM’ing us. It’s not happening. You massive phucking loser! Lulz.

Two types of people; Trust until they give you a reason not to or don't trust until it's earned. I used to be the former. Now I'm old and wise(r).

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Most people suck until proven otherwise. So, about 94.74% of the people that cross my path.

That's a bit extreme, IMO.

I think most people are good although we have all have a flawed nature. At least, that seems to be the teaching of your Orthodox Church. :)

Truly evil people are relatively rare...many were abused as children so there's some reason for it.

And many people are dirt poor so they have to join gangs or drug cartels, etc. to survive.

That's my take.

My intuition is pretty dependable.
This, if someone seems shady, they usually are. For the most part I take people at their word when I meet them. Probably a flaw of my Midwest upbringing. In business however, I used to be very trusting, now you gotta earn that shit. Casual encounters, I’m still pretty trusting.

This, if someone seems shady, they usually are. For the most part I take people at their word when I meet them. Probably a flaw of my Midwest upbringing. In business however, I used to be very trusting, now you gotta earn that shit. Casual encounters, I’m still pretty trusting.

Business usually brings out the worst in people.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT