ADVERTISEMENT

Article: “For the first time ever, the nation’s most famous college athlete just might be a woman”

It's unfortunate you consider reality to be a downer
No whats unfortunate is that YOU have decided to play the contrarian because you don't appreciate the womens game, and can't see beyond your own disdain, of it to see that this generational talent is changing the way people of both genders think about women athletes.

Reactions: Ree4
Catlin in no longer a Generational Player. She has transcended that to become the best woman's player of all time. The Women's college game has NVER seen anything like her......I am not sure there will ever be another on like her....probably, but not for a LOOONG time. Now, I think if she was to remain in the public eye, she would be best served to stay her 6th year. In the WNBA she will bring more fans for sure....but it will be NOTHING like what she is seeing now. I mean, the NBA itself has horrible ratings until the playoffs.....those are just the facts.

Last edited:
If she does in the NBA on a nightly basis what she is doing right now, she will sell out arenas in the NBA. Especially since its hard to find them on TV. Literally every game she plays in now she does multiple things that are jaw dropping amazing. It's not that she puts up numbers, but she does it with flash! Only the greatest athletes do what she does and do it consistently.

Yes it is safe to bet that if Caitlin ends an NBA career with 27 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists a game....that team is going to sell some tickets..

Hell she just plays in a NBA game they are selling out.

Well Clark doesn't play in the NBA right now. Duh.

And nobody watched the men's NBA until Magic showed up.
That latter statement is totally untrue. In the 60s and 70s the NBA was alot more popular than the college game. You had the Celtics with Bill Russell, 76ers with Wilt the Stilt, Knicks with Willis Reed, and then Abdul-Jabbar came on the scene. Jordan and Magic helped to sustain it in the 80s along with the bad guys from Detroit. Trust me I liked the college game better but back then you didn't see many college games on TV. Heck the MVC had a better basketball package than the Big Ten back in the day. I spent most of my time listening to Iowa games on the radio. Magic and Bird had alot to do with elevating the College game and getting it exposure; having ESPN coming on board at about the same time helped.

Reactions: hawkod
The NBA Finals were famously shown on tape delay in the 70s and into the 80s until the league's popularity increased. A lot of the playoffs weren't televised.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT