ADVERTISEMENT

As climate chaos accelerates, which countries are polluting the most?

China puts out 8 billion metric tons more than us a year. I get that your playing the industrial revolution card but how many years do you think they need to do that to catch us? If they haven't actually already.

LMAO...The United States was the biggest emitter in history as of 2021, having released 422 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide (GtCO₂) into the atmosphere since the birth of the industrial revolution.

LMAO...The United States was the biggest emitter in history as of 2021, having released 422 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide (GtCO₂) into the atmosphere since the birth of the industrial revolution.

Ok, so we know 422 gets 6 added each year and we know china adds 14 a year... what's china's starting number as of 2021?

Ok, so we know 422 gets 6 added each year and we know china adds 14 a year... what's china's starting number as of 2021?
So that we can see when they will surpass us.

Because they are gaining on us by 8 a year they would catch us in 53 years, but you and I both know they didn't start at 0. I can't open it, what's their starting figure?

Edit* they started at 250 it appears.

So rough math, china will catch us in 20 years accounting for 2022 and 2023. And our industrial revolution changed the world while their pollution is just lack of regulations to make everything cheap to undercut competition.

Seems like a good enough reason to say **** china on a Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkman34
China and India by far. The west is more than happy to send them their manufacturing jobs and garbage to them with no oversight on how they handle those items. Out of sight out of mind.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

OP is one of those "I got mine...you can fvck off" kinda guys.

Some people like to do what they can to leave planet in the best shape for their children and future generations. Thanks for sharing this.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
True, but that's unrelated to the posted article.
It's actually dead-on point but I'm not surprised you missed it. We put 25% of the current CO2 in the air. Add in the historical emissions from Europe and we're collectively responsible for more than the rest of the world combined. But NOW you want to tell other countries who desire OUR standard of living to fvck off. That's the epitome of "I got mine...you can fvck off". Glad you can admit to the greed mindset, though. Growth?

It's actually dead-on point but I'm not surprised you missed it. We put 25% of the current CO2 in the air. Add in the historical emissions from Europe and we're collectively responsible for more than the rest of the world combined. But NOW you want to tell other countries who desire OUR standard of living to fvck off. That's the epitome of "I got mine...you can fvck off". Glad you can admit to the greed mindset, though. Growth?
What's this throw Europe bullshit in? Do I get to throw a bunch of other countries into China?

The white guilt is strong in this one.

Does that mean @GOHOX69 is like the ultimate polluter because he is of Indian decent? Or can you admit that sounds Uber ****ing stupid when you bring a brown person in?

Reactions: KFsdisciple

I simply posted an article from CNN.

Nevermind the fact that the US is indirectly responsible for a good portion of China's/India's yearly emissions

Good thing China is committed and active in doing something about it.

In 2020, China committed to have 1,200 GW of renewables capacity by 2030, but is on track to meet that goal five years early. China could have as much as 1,000 GW of solar power alone by the end of 2026, analysts say, out of 11,000 GW needed globally to meet Paris Agreement targets by 2030.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Good thing China is committed and active in doing something about it.

In 2020, China committed to have 1,200 GW of renewables capacity by 2030, but is on track to meet that goal five years early. China could have as much as 1,000 GW of solar power alone by the end of 2026, analysts say, out of 11,000 GW needed globally to meet Paris Agreement targets by 2030.

From the article you posted. Just another case of you reading only the headline and subsequently looking foolish.

China has decommissioned 70.45 gigawatts (GW) of coal-fired plants in the last decade, and is building far more renewable energy capacity than any other country. Analysts say coal use may peak as soon as this year.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael

It’s like your asking for reparations. Jesus

From the article you posted. Just another case of you reading only the headline and subsequently looking foolish.

China has decommissioned 70.45 gigawatts (GW) of coal-fired plants in the last decade, and is building far more renewable energy capacity than any other country. Analysts say coal use may peak as soon as this year.

What are you doing to reduce your footprint, Riley?

You are one twisted, America hating MoFo!

I'm convinced some of you wake up in the morning and apologize to the mirror for being white.

China produces 2.5x what we do..... yEaH bUt how MuCh dId wE PrOdUcE aLl TiMe¡?!

China will catch us all time in roughly 20 years..... YeAh BuT iF yOu iNcLuDe EuRoPe We are StiLl the WoRsT!¡!

Why would we include europe... HoW MuCh oF wHaT ChInA PrOdUcEs iS OuR FAuLt!!!

****ing simps.

You are one twisted, America hating MoFo!
More like, we have more knowledge now, let’s all do better

Reactions: RileyHawk
More like, we have more knowledge now, let’s all do better
From 1912:

OIP.YVI-HT2r-S_O_MpwEe0doAHaFg

I'm convinced some of you wake up in the morning and apologize to the mirror for being white.

China produces 2.5x what we do..... yEaH bUt how MuCh dId wE PrOdUcE aLl TiMe¡?!

China will catch us all time in roughly 20 years..... YeAh BuT iF yOu iNcLuDe EuRoPe We are StiLl the WoRsT!¡!

Why would we include europe... HoW MuCh oF wHaT ChInA PrOdUcEs iS OuR FAuLt!!!

****ing simps.
China has 3X the population.

Some of you want the US to be the world leader - except if it inconveniences you in any way.

Nobody knows, China and India wouldn’t document things like that. It’s like with food, other countries think that the US puts so many chemicals in their food that you can’t even pronounce. No, under the FDA the US had to actually breaks down every ingredient and requires them to be labeled. The EPA and the FDA do a fine job of regulating. The US does go to far with unnecessary artificial coloring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT