ADVERTISEMENT

Ash Inks European Basketball Deal

CloydWebb

HB Legend
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2001
(AP) Former University of Iowa Guard, Austin Ash, has signed a two year contract to play basketball for the Strudelhopper Drei Launchers of the Lichtenstein D League. Terms of the contract have not been released. Ash reportedly turned down an offer from the Andorra Bombers to play for Lichtenstein.

The Drei Launchers are a colorful team known throughout Europe for only attempting drei point shots and requiring its players to select individual nicknames. Ash has chosen to play as "Little Lich" and will report to the Strudelhopper Rookie Camp on May 1st.

"It's a perfect fit for me", Ash said, "especially since the Lichtenstein Sports Authority is considering introduction of both fier and funf point shots for the upcoming season. I can't wait to get there!"

The team will be coached by Taddeus Lickliter, entering his 4th season (6-114). "I like exciting basketball", Lickliter said, "and I'm eager to see what Austin will be contributing to our team". Play begins June 1st and runs until August 31st.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News