ADVERTISEMENT

Athletic - NBA Draft Shooters Big Board (JW)

scottty

HB All-American
Feb 3, 2003
Sam Vecenie of the Athletic put out his "2021 NBA Draft Shooters Big Board". No surprise to see Wieskamp at #2 on the list. Enjoy JW for the next few weeks before he's off to the NBA.

Corey Kispert of Gonzaga is #1.

2. Joe Wieskamp | 6-6 wing | Iowa

Wieskamp hasn’t been quite as far on the radar as I would have expected for other draft evaluators. I can’t figure out why. He’s a 6-6 shooter who hits almost everything. Wieskamp is definitely helped by the attention drawn to Luka Garza. But he’s absolutely automatic directly off the catch and seems to have really improved the way he goes about his business. One opposing Big Ten coach I was speaking with called him, “by far the most underrated prospect in our league” and said he’s become “unflappable.” He never changes his expression on the court, and he just goes about his business killing opposing teams from beyond the arc. The big thing that has shifted him into a real consideration on draft day, though (where I expect he’ll be picked if he declares)? He plays through contact and is less bothered by physicality despite being skinny. If Iowa has a big month of March, I’d expect Wieskamp skies up boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News