ADVERTISEMENT

Audi Crooks is a stud…,,

I reffed several of her games in JH. She has teammate is playing D-2 basketball. I never saw a player with better hands than Audi even in JH. Lots of 50-60 point games. I don't remember exact scores but not sure another team came within 50 points. Her uncle coaches football at D2 level and helped her with recruiting process. He is a huge Hawk fan. Named his son Hayden. Iowa was definitely in the hunt

That's what I've been most impressed with. Incredibly soft hands. Can catch any pass and just puts the ball up with touch every time.

No issue, not being cute… the over arching premise if there is one to this particular scenario, is…just putting a player or in this particular instance let’s say some numbers on a team does not automatically make it better…

Chemistry, rotation, minutes, etc, and ultimately, “how do we want to play?”

I'm thrilled that Audi didn't fit at Iowa and that she came to ISU. If she stays her whole career she's might be the best Cyclone basketball player ever.

I noticed this too. The comments from some over there about CC are insane and strange. Some so badly want to pretend she’s not that big of a deal, or that she’s not that good. Meanwhile, all the biggest national sports talk shows, media outlets, non-sports shows, and even international media outlets are raving about her. Not to mention Nike and Gatorade putting her front and center. But yah, she sucks.

Some ISU fans can't just acknowledge something is really special like what is happening with Clark and move on. I don't watch the Iowa women much but I did tune in for that championship game and I just had a great time. Multiple times Clark just steps back in huge moments and nails a 3 and it's kind of nice watching just as somebody who has no emotion wrapped up in it. I gave out one of those "ho ho ho" belly laughs when Clark just nailed an ice in the veins 3 late, so much so that my wife commented on it.

There isn't a player IMO that has captured the national consciousness in college like this since the Morrison/Redick days but that's been a long time ago now. I have friend whose daughter has just completely changed her life to become basketball centric due to what is going on in IC. Anytime I see passion ignited in a kid it is extremely cool to me.

Admittedly I have said in the past I don't like how demonstrative she is with refs and stuff. But I have an absolute allergy to that, because I coach youth sports a lot and it just drives me insane when kids complain about officiating or umpires. For the record just to get out in front of it, yes, Campbell has been an absolute clown with the refs more than once.

That's what I've been most impressed with. Incredibly soft hands. Can catch any pass and just puts the ball up with touch every time.

I'm thrilled that Audi didn't fit at Iowa and that she came to ISU. If she stays her whole career she's might be the best Cyclone basketball player ever.

Agreed, what’s the issue with Fennelly… I know he had the racist & insensitivity charges a while back but I don’t put a lot of stock into the racism but it does appear. There’s a disconnect there with some of his girls… And I see he’s now lost a bunch more. Is he hard to get along with, what’s the story?

Maybe, it's hard to predict how her body will hold out over next 3 years. She truly does have VERY impressive hands and touch on her shot.

I just wonder if her size will hold her back. Don't get me wrong, she does what she does at a very high level, but her game is limited. Because of her limitations with foot speed, ISU has to play zone defensively and play a half court game on offense.

If she was able to lose 30, 40, 50 lbs over the next year or two, and used that added agility and stamina to her elite level footwork and touch, I just wonder if she might become an all-time great (not just at ISU).

I see those kind of body transformations more in the mens game than I do in the womens game though.

Nice thread and an example of how a forum should discuss a student athlete who plays for a rival school. Unfortunately, the aholes at CF do not follow this example, you should see the threads on Clark. They are brutal.
The difference is CF has a completely separate "Rivalry" section of their board that users have to opt into if they want to read/talk about Iowa so that it doesn't tarnish the rest of the board. I wish we would do the same here honestly.

I don’t think she would make us better THIS SEASON. We need to be pushing the ball, and anyone that would have made Caitlin literally slow down would not have made us better this year.

Now, depending on how much work she puts in the weight room the next couple of seasons she would absolutely be an asset. But as it stands now, and I don’t mean this in a bad way toward her, I think she would do more harm by getting in Caitlin’s way.

Maybe, it's hard to predict how her body will hold out over next 3 years. She truly does have VERY impressive hands and touch on her shot.

I just wonder if her size will hold her back. Don't get me wrong, she does what she does at a very high level, but her game is limited. Because of her limitations with foot speed, ISU has to play zone defensively and play a half court game on offense.

If she was able to lose 30, 40, 50 lbs over the next year or two, and used that added agility and stamina to her elite level footwork and touch, I just wonder if she might become an all-time great (not just at ISU).

I see those kind of body transformations more in the mens game than I do in the womens game though.

In Big 12 play this year, she averaged 19 PPG and 9 RPG, and was a 1st team all conference player.

I guess I'll take whatever limitations she brings. If she doesn't get any better or change anything she will probably score 2000+ points and have 1000+ rebounds.

Crooks is averaging 18.4 points and 7.6 rebs as a freshman in the B12 conference. She just posted 25 points and 9 rebs in 27 minutes against No. 17 Oklahoma.

Your contention is wrong. She would make Iowa instantly better by providing quality depth over what we have now. Bluder and Jensen pulled all the stops recruiting her to Iowa.
Until she didn't want to do what Iowa asked about her diet and workout then Iowa backed off.

In Big 12 play this year, she averaged 19 PPG and 9 RPG, and was a 1st team all conference player.

I guess I'll take whatever limitations she brings. If she doesn't get any better or change anything she will probably score 2000+ points and have 1000+ rebounds.
Yeah, she's real good. I don't really see limitations with her to be honest. She will only get better, and ISU can build around that with recruiting the next 3 years.

Until she didn't want to do what Iowa asked about her diet and workout then Iowa backed off.
This sounds like internet conjecture. I seriously doubt Iowa would put demands on a high profile recruit, but would wait for the training table, and weight room to work its magic once she’s in school.

Last edited:
Crooks County crossed half court last night and the ref started counting for 3 seconds in the lane

I haven't watched much of ISU WBB but caught most of the game last night, that turnaround fadeaway jumper of hers from just inside the FT line is pretty deadly. She took several in the time I was watching and I don't think she missed one.

Collison, Settles, Brunner, etc would disagree with that stance

Settles started college before LaFrentz, so he wouldn’t be since Raef. Brunner was 1st team all conference once, something Audi has already done as a freshman.

Collison she’d got work to do to match.

I have no idea how she would’ve fit in but I will say I was totally wrong on her D1 abilities. She’s a beast and will get a lot better as she develops.
Three freshmen starting— gives me hope that some of our freshmen next year can step up and start

Reactions: cmhawks99
LOL. She's 18 years old and plays 25 to 35 minutes a game of high level D1 basketball. Odds are she's healthier than anyone posting on this thread.
You would have thought that she would have lost weight this year with more running up and down the court and a better diet as far as team meals.

Crooks County crossed half court last night and the ref started counting for 3 seconds in the lane
If they called her for 3 seconds in the lane like they're supposed to they would have lost by 40.

Reactions: chesapeake bay dog
You're a guy who gets his panties in a bunch anytime someone criticizes Brian Ferentz, but at the same time think mocking and bodyshaming 18 year old young women is ok. Duh.
My bad. I should have included in my post that I find Crooks to be a hell of a ballplayer.

It was a joke. An attempt to be funny. About 25% of the posts in this thread are alluding to or directly discussing her size. It is what it is. It's part of what makes her a good player. I was just trying to be funny about it.

She's a D1 athlete who's body is at the forefront of everything she does as an athlete. We fans discuss athleticism and body types all the time.

And no, I didn't react to criticism of Brian Ferentz as you've characterized. I've stated many times that I wasn't the biggest fan of him as an OC and that I never thought it was a good idea for him to be hired to that position.

Did I think fans overreacted, were oversensitive, and blindly and wrecklesslly leaped to incessantly imposing the nepotism narrative? Absolutely. Brian was a qualified candidate at the time he was hired. You didn't hear anyone having a problem with nepotism when Iowa blew the doors off OSU by 30 something. But when the offense fell on hard times, which anyone that knows a darn thing about football knew was due to the O-line, all of the sudden, rampant nepotism was at play.

Did I think fans were overreacting about the offensive struggles of the football team? Absolutely. The team won 10 games last season, which is one of the most successful Iowa football seasons ever. Quite simply, the level of negativity from the fan base was undeserved. It came from them being unentertained, which made it wrong. It was inappropriate for a team that had the level of success that it did.

I have no problem with other teams or its members being criticized. The reason I at times fight criticism of the Hawks is for selfish reasons. I too, at times criticize. But when the negativity reaches the level of palpability and toxicity that it obviously has in the Hawkeye football fan base over the past couple of years, I don't appreciate it, choose not to contribute to it, and will fight against it. If it has an effect at all, it can only hurt the team that I root for. And being that Iowa is the team that I root for, for selfish reasons, I want Iowa to be as successful as possible, so I, as fan can be the most fulfilled as possible. It's common sense. You don't pollute the environment in which you live

My bad. I should have included in my post that I find Crooks to be a hell of a ballplayer.

It was a joke. An attempt to be funny. About 25% of the posts in this thread are alluding to or directly discussing her size. It is what it is. It's part of what makes her a good player. I was just trying to be funny about it.

She's a D1 athlete who's body is at the forefront of everything she does as an athlete. We fans discuss athleticism and body types all the time.

And no, I didn't react to criticism of Brian Ferentz as you've characterized. I've stated many times that I wasn't the biggest fan of him as an OC and that I never thought it was a good idea for him to be hired to that position.

Did I think fans overreacted, were oversensitive, and blindly and wrecklesslly leaped to incessantly imposing the nepotism narrative? Absolutely. Brian was a qualified candidate at the time he was hired. You didn't hear anyone having a problem with nepotism when Iowa blew the doors off OSU by 30 something. But when the offense fell on hard times, which anyone that knows a darn thing about football knew was due to the O-line, all of the sudden, rampant nepotism was at play.

Did I think fans were overreacting about the offensive struggles of the football team? Absolutely. The team won 10 games last season, which is one of the most successful Iowa football seasons ever. Quite simply, the level of negativity from the fan base was undeserved. It came from them being unentertained, which made it wrong. It was inappropriate for a team that had the level of success that it did.

I have no problem with other teams or its members being criticized. The reason I at times fight criticism of the Hawks is for selfish reasons. I too, at times criticize. But when the negativity reaches the level of palpability and toxicity that it obviously has in the Hawkeye football fan base over the past couple of years, I don't appreciate it, choose not to contribute to it, and will fight against it. If it has an effect at all, it can only hurt the team that I root for. And being that Iowa is the team that I root for, for selfish reasons, I want Iowa to be as successful as possible, so I, as fan can be the most fulfilled as possible. It's common sense. You don't pollute the environment in which you live
You need to understand that the pressures, the mocking, the bullying that comes if they don't look perfect, aren't the perfect size, don't have the perfect skin, don't have the perfect hair, etc., literally drives teen girls and young women to kill themselves. Every day. I have two daughters and have seen the effects that social media's toxic "beauty" culture and "innocent jokes" can have on girls. Anxiety. Depression. Eating disorders. Body dysmorphia. I don't know what your situation is or if you have young women in your life, but it's no joke.

After watching some of last night’s Big 12 Championship Game, I was super impressed. Seemed like every time her hand popped up she handled the quick pass and delivered. Good hands and footwork along with ability to finish. That and her power make her very difficult to defend.

I just really like Crooks and IMO she’s welcome to transfer to Iowa any time. Hell, imagine what Coach Jensen could do with her.

You need to understand that the pressures, the mocking, the bullying that comes if they don't look perfect, aren't the perfect size, don't have the perfect skin, don't have the perfect hair, etc., literally drives teen girls and young women to kill themselves. Every day. I have two daughters and have seen the effects that social media's toxic "beauty" culture and "innocent jokes" can have on girls. Anxiety. Depression. Eating disorders. Body dysmorphia. I don't know what your situation is or if you have young women in your life, but it's no joke.
Fair enough. And every other person in this thread that mentioned her size should be getting lectured too.

A lot worse was said in this thread. I was just being light hearted about it. And, as I said, should have mentioned that she's a hell of a ballplayer.

Also, I don't believe she would be quite as good if she weren't wide. Real estate is prime in sports. Big reason Shaq was so good. In this case, her girth is a good thing.

But your point still is noted and appreciated

Last edited:
Fair enough. And every other person in this thread that mentioned her size should be getting lectured too.

A lot worse was said in this thread. I was just being light hearted about it. And, as I said, should have mentioned that she's a hell of a ballplayer.

Also, I don't believe she would be quite as good if she weren't wide. Real estate is prime in sports. Big reason Shaq was so good. In this case, her girth is a good thing.

But your point still is noted and appreciated
I don't mean to lecture and know it probably comes off as obnoxious but when you're directly affected by it, it leaves a mark.

When our younger daughter was a sophomore in HS she was a very good sprinter in track, was in very good shape. One day when she and her boyfriend at the time were hanging out, he mentioned how her legs/quads were more toned and cut-up than his. This led her to want to quit track and stop working out as much because she thought her legs were gross and ugly to boys.

The pressure on girls to be and look "perfect" is absolutely real and the slightest comment/remark/judgment/etc. can have a massive impact on how they view themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT