ADVERTISEMENT

Austin, Texas

That's an interesting perspective on the possible ways to problem with homelessness. I don't know, but it seems to be very different than the issues in California cities in both location and city policy. At least based on the articles I've seen posted here.

Iowa City / JoCo comes in and just cleans these things out with a skid loader. If the people’s republic will do it, my guess is Austin will get there eventually.

Also, I’m going to need a US News top ten link on it being the “crown jewel” choice. The reputable hiking / trail apps have numerous other hikes around Austin ranked higher.

Austin has had an embarrassingly bad homeless problem for at least a decade and it's getting worse. The downtown area is insanely overrun, it's a real problem.

Video shows Texas capital's 'crown jewel' trail trashed by hidden homeless camps: 'completely destroyed'

Now do this globally to draw attention to wastefulness (and waste) of capitalism. Show all the pics of massive pools of garbage and plastics floating around the oceans. Water supply destruction. Deforestation. Etc and so on and so forth. Do that, too.

To do that would be to make stuff like this seem incredibly irrelevant by comparison.

And wouldn’t fit your affirmation model.

Reactions: blhawk and nelly02
Now do this globally to draw attention to wastefulness (and waste) of capitalism. Show all the pics of massive pools of garbage and plastics floating around the oceans. Water supply destruction. Deforestation. Etc and so on and so forth. Do that, too.

To do that would be to make stuff like this seem incredibly irrelevant by comparison.

And wouldn’t fit your affirmation model.
There’s something noble about environmental destruction in pursuit of a profit. It’s the American way don’t ya know?

@NorthernHawkeye does this mean you're drawing attention to mental illness and substance abuse too since 30% of homeless people suffer from mental illness and another 50% from substance abuse?

The answer to homelessness in America isn't:

68f076f3-c55e-43e1-8214-cff46fd6c4ae_text.gif

On a related note, this is yet another example of why I'm all for tighter border control. We clearly can't take care of our own, so I'm not sure adding additional population helps. Unless, of course, we can 100% guarantee immigrants pay taxes and those taxes go towards solving the OP.

Reactions: redghost1974
@NorthernHawkeye does this mean you're drawing attention to mental illness and substance abuse too since 30% of homeless people suffer from mental illness and another 50% from substance abuse?

The answer to homelessness in America isn't:

68f076f3-c55e-43e1-8214-cff46fd6c4ae_text.gif

On a related note, this is yet another example of why I'm all for tighter border control. We clearly can't take care of our own, so I'm not sure adding additional population helps. Unless, of course, we can 100% guarantee immigrants pay taxes and those taxes go towards solving the OP.
We can use them to take care of the mentally ill. From what I have seen of nursing homes, you do not want an American citizen making minimum wage to take care of you.

Video shows Texas capital's 'crown jewel' trail trashed by hidden homeless camps: 'completely destroyed'

FYI, a lot of the people who “trashed”, the park are veterans. You and Fox should keep that in mind. What’s your plan?

Reactions: blhawk
FYI, a lot of the people who “trashed”, the park are veterans. You and Fox should keep that in mind. What’s your plan?
Put an end to the over-use of "patient rights" and open long-term care facilities for patients with mental illness. 72-hour holds and "return to the wild" isn't cutting it. Additionally, if the mental ill aren't homeless, they're occupying a jail cell.

Number of people experiencing "serious psychological distress" in jails: 1 in 4 + Percent of people in federal prisons who reported not receiving any mental health care while incarcerated: 66% + In state prisons: 74% +

Reactions: lucas80
Put an end to the over-use of "patient rights" and open long-term care facilities for patients with mental illness. 72-hour holds and "return to the wild" isn't cutting it. Additionally, if the mental ill aren't homeless, they're occupying a jail cell.

Number of people experiencing "serious psychological distress" in jails: 1 in 4 + Percent of people in federal prisons who reported not receiving any mental health care while incarcerated: 66% + In state prisons: 74% +
I’m for that minis the jail part. That isn’t exactly constitutional. Will Republicans pay for this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT