ADVERTISEMENT

Auto and Home, Insurance & Maintenance Costs Soaring and People Are Angry

IIowaFarmBoy

HR MVP
Oct 22, 2023
Are you angry? I drive nice old cars...Insurance up. Homeowners? Up (got hit with hail in 2020). I do my own work, but got sticker shock on a washer that needs replaced.

Author puts a Biden v Trump spin on it, but I'm not voting for anyone known to be running this time (and last time).

This should be entertaining.

I took down a dead tree in the front of my house 2 years ago and my property value keeps going down according to the county. I had a realtor in recently because I was looking to move out of town and she wanted to list my house at about twice the value the assessor has on it. My insurance hasn’t gone up really, I maintain everything myself and it seems normal, and I’ve recently replaced a fridge at what I thought was a good value. I guess I’m saying, “no, I don’t have the problems you’re describing”.

Insurance costs are going up. Insurance companies are pulling out of Iowa, small insurers are merging and buying questionable reinsurance in Iowa. They have all been losing their ass. Farm bureau going to be taking up to 40% increase over the next 12 months.

Insurance costs are going up. Insurance companies are pulling out of Iowa, small insurers are merging and buying questionable reinsurance in Iowa. They have all been losing their ass. Farm bureau going to be taking up to 40% increase over the next 12 months.
has that been published?

Farmers is still running a +100 combined ratio fwiw.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
Why would insurance go up? Global warming main cause
Keep your head in the sand magats.
Two more insurance companies have announced this week they’re pulling out of Cali.
I had no idea the Golden State was full of “MAGATS”.
But you sound super smart,

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
We have to put internal piers now for foundation repair. It sucks. But the cost wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The sticker price will be the new flooring for the entire first floor.

Wildfires, hurricanes, massive rain events, and property owners afraid to switch insurers are all contributing factors.

Ain't it great?

Reactions: goldmom
Why would insurance go up? Global warming main cause
Keep your head in the sand magats.
Insurance rates have been climbing steadily for years…global weather changes abs Covid are the main culprits… it’s way past “politics and debt”… and it is worldwide. Think about it and it’s pretty obvious what us going on…it just isn’t necessarily what the news stations are pumping for your consumption…Weather and climate changes create a lot of cause and affect..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT