ADVERTISEMENT

Morning Report — Biden: Economy is fine and polls are wrong

Dems are objectively better at the economy. Job productions, GDP growth, you name it. Dems consistently return better results.
Sure, if you work for the government, get money from government, get grants froM the government and in the medical field.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
I think geography has more to do with states success or failure than political policy. California's economy didn't suffer while Arnold was Governor. If the next governor of Florida is a democrat I don't think it will crush the economy here either.

Just like recruiting in football... the warm weather states with beaches and theme parks and tourism will always out perform rural fly over country no matter who is running things.
Um, southern states are typically red.

Dems are objectively better at the economy. Job productions, GDP growth, you name it. Dems consistently return better results.
Job production? What jobs did the Dems produce? People returning to their old jobs after Covid is not job production.

The economy? Have you looked at interest rates? Have you heard of inflation? What about government spending?

Are you insane?

If the Republicans could just find a candidate that isn't a complete disaster, they'd win in the biggest landslide since Reagan trounced Mondale. Seriously, RNC, you have to have someone that isn't a total jackass somewhere in the ranks.
Yes, I would have preferred several of the other Republican candidates over Trump, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Gus is dead
Idk, seems like state economies on the coasts are doing fine - mostly blue states there.

I agree with your basic premise - POTUS gets too mu individual credit/blame regarding the economy. There is a growing pattern however across 6 separate administrations over 30 years of better economic numbers with democrat presidents vs GOP presidents.
Doesn’t California have a huge state budget deficit?

giphy.gif

I think the initial inflation hurt Biden and people are still not over the sticker shock of prices.

I mean back when I was in college gas was like $1.50 and I remember filling up my car thinking that I couldn't believe how expensive gas was. But my perspective was warped by in my childhood gas was always 90 cents a gallon.

It takes a while to re-orient your brain to changes in prices. And when everything changes in price it affects you. That's why I think most people are saying they are personally better off now than 4 years ago but are convinced the economy is trash despite every indicator saying we're doing well.

I think the initial inflation hurt Biden and people are still not over the sticker shock of prices.

I mean back when I was in college gas was like $1.50 and I remember filling up my car thinking that I couldn't believe how expensive gas was. But my perspective was warped by in my childhood gas was always 90 cents a gallon.

It takes a while to re-orient your brain to changes in prices. And when everything changes in price it affects you. That's why I think most people are saying they are personally better off now than 4 years ago but are convinced the economy is trash despite every indicator saying we're doing well.
I don’t think “most people are saying they are personally better off now (economically) than 4 years ago”.

Last edited:
How many republican run states require federal funds to balance their budgets?

I’m talking about how California would be up high on the list of largest economies were it its own country.

California is facing a budget crisis with a projected record deficit of $73 billion, as reported by the Legislative Analyst’s Office.
Thanks for the specific number; I couldn’t remember how large California’s deficit actually was.

I think geography has more to do with states success or failure than political policy. California's economy didn't suffer while Arnold was Governor. If the next governor of Florida is a democrat I don't think it will crush the economy here either.

Just like recruiting in football... the warm weather states with beaches and theme parks and tourism will always out perform rural fly over country no matter who is running things.
Good point…along with the net amount U.S. citizens migrating between states. For instance, residents of blue states (like California, New York, and Illinois) moving to red states (like Florida, Texas, and Tennessee) will help the tax base of those blue states.

Reactions: KFsdisciple

I’m talking about how California would be up high on the list of largest economies were it its own country.
I don’t know the answer to your question…do you know…or was it rhetorical? I believe you’re correct regarding California’s historical economic strength. However, a more recent trend involves large corps/stores leaving that state, which will have a negative impact.

Job production? What jobs did the Dems produce? People returning to their old jobs after Covid is not job production.

The economy? Have you looked at interest rates? Have you heard of inflation? What about government spending?

Are you insane?
He’s not insane but he is hook line and sinker following the leftist line of BS.

Gotta love the Rs in this thread. Dems create more jobs. Doesn't matter. Dems have more economic growth. Doesn't matter. Dem lead states are the economic powerhouses of this country. Doesn't matter. It's one excuse after another.
When Arnold was governor of California did their economy go to shit?

Then maybe it should be divided up into North and South California.

If the Republicans could just find a candidate that isn't a complete disaster, they'd win in the biggest landslide since Reagan trounced Mondale. Seriously, RNC, you have to have someone that isn't a total jackass somewhere in the ranks.
😆 🤣 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT