ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championship Tickets

Mar 14, 2003
Obviously Iowa has A LOT of work to do and I am still skeptical they make it. However, as a fan how does the process work? I know there is that thing with the conference where you can reserve the right to buy tickets in a section for the team? Since all the teams have this, do their tickets get released to be sold?

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072715aaa.html

Tickets and VIP premium ticket packages can also be reserved at bigten.teamtix.com, a ticket reservation system launched by the Big Ten in partnership with Forward Market Media (FMM) and BTN. Powered by FMM's proprietary software platforms, fans can go to bigten.teamtix.com to purchase, for as little as a $10 reservation fee, the right to buy "TeamTix." If the specified team qualifies for the championship game, that fan is guaranteed a ticket to the game priced at face value. If the specified team does not qualify, the "TeamTix" expires and that fan forfeits only the reservation fee. Adding to the excitement, fans can also trade their "TeamTix" in real time in the Big Ten Forward Market, where prices can rise and fall with each team's on-field performance as the season progresses.

They've gone up over $100 bucks since last night. I already reserved 8 tickets... it was $45 to reserve per ticket when we bought. Now over $135

The participating schools get an allotment of 10-15k most years, from what I understand. I am counting on my priority points being enough to wedge my way into that batch, which are probably better than what is left on Ticketmaster.

Obviously Iowa has A LOT of work to do and I am still skeptical they make it. However, as a fan how does the process work? I know there is that thing with the conference where you can reserve the right to buy tickets in a section for the team? Since all the teams have this, do their tickets get released to be sold?
You skeptical, I don't believe it !

Do NOT buy ticket reserves from teamtix unless you want to risk getting screwed over. It is the same old Ticket Reserve company who fraudulently screwed hundreds of ppl out of thousands of dollars a few years ago. Just do a google search for ticket reserve fraud. Stay far far away from them. They reorg'd under a new name teamtix to hide their bad name under ticket reserve they stole ppls money under and filed bankruptcy.

Do NOT buy ticket reserves from teamtix unless you want to risk getting screwed over. It is the same old Ticket Reserve company who fraudulently screwed hundreds of ppl out of thousands of dollars a few years ago. Just do a google search for ticket reserve fraud. Stay far far away from them. They reorg'd under a new name teamtix to hide their bad name under ticket reserve they stole ppls money under and filed bankruptcy.
Can you do the legwork and post a link? I didn't find anything to corroborate your story. Not saying I don't believe you just that I think you might have your lions crossed.

RISKY BUSINESS

Many ticket broker companies have gone under from such short-selling practices, which underscore the risk associated with buying tickets to high-demand sporting events on the secondary market.

That was the case for now-defunct Chicago-based company Ticket Reserve, which sold options on game tickets that were coming from resellers. In 2009, it got caught up when two sellers falsely claimed to be selling 250 Super Bowl tickets, which led to a class action lawsuit that brought down the company.

Its founder, Rick Harmon, returned to the market with a similar concept in Lake Forest-based Forward Market Media, which partners with events themselves to sell reservations for face-value tickets. That product, known as TeamTix, is used for high-demand sporting events like the College Football Playoff and the Big Ten men's basketball tournament, which back the reservations with their own ticket inventory.

But the company still licenses its TeamTix technology platform to resellers, including Ludus Tours, which was one of the short-selling brokers rocked by the Super Bowl market. The onus to provide the tickets is on the reseller itself, according to a Forward Market Media spokeswoman.

Harmon was unavailable for comment today, but the company is currently reviewing its practice of evaluating worthy users of its ticket platform.

4849ed558981a4d970f384541fd34ec8.jpg

RISKY BUSINESS

Many ticket broker companies have gone under from such short-selling practices, which underscore the risk associated with buying tickets to high-demand sporting events on the secondary market.

That was the case for now-defunct Chicago-based company Ticket Reserve, which sold options on game tickets that were coming from resellers. In 2009, it got caught up when two sellers falsely claimed to be selling 250 Super Bowl tickets, which led to a class action lawsuit that brought down the company.

Its founder, Rick Harmon, returned to the market with a similar concept in Lake Forest-based Forward Market Media, which partners with events themselves to sell reservations for face-value tickets. That product, known as TeamTix, is used for high-demand sporting events like the College Football Playoff and the Big Ten men's basketball tournament, which back the reservations with their own ticket inventory.

But the company still licenses its TeamTix technology platform to resellers, including Ludus Tours, which was one of the short-selling brokers rocked by the Super Bowl market. The onus to provide the tickets is on the reseller itself, according to a Forward Market Media spokeswoman.

Harmon was unavailable for comment today, but the company is currently reviewing its practice of evaluating worthy users of its ticket platform.
This is basically a completely different risk model. The tickets are guaranteed by the conference, not the company. Nothing to worry about here unless you think the Big Ten is going to go bankrupt any time soon.

I bought tickets to the inaugural championship game in 2011 right when they went on sale that August. I could not give them away to Michigan St or Wisconsin fans a week before the game and there were a TON of tickets going for $9 on stub hub. I would wait to buy

Reactions: NI hawk
If it is 2 undefeated teams I'm curious to see what the demand will be. Both teams are playing for a chance to go play two more games that will involve a lot of travel and expenses for fans. What do fans want to put their money toward? Ohio St is in that game so often I don't see them selling a ton of tickets as I am sure their fan base will see Iowa as a cake walk and save their money for a bowl trip. With a loss Iowa is looking at the Rose or Fiesta Bowl so why spend your money on Indy? Of course, Indy is just a drive for both fan bases so expenses aren't nearly what a bowl game will be, but still gas, hotel, food, tickets, boozeahol...it all adds up. This is why they have not sold the tickets they expected to to from day 1. Again...I am waiting and buying on StubHub the week of the game if I decide to go

The Big Ten could use Iowa in that game for attendance reasons. If it's Wisconsin or Nebraska, they'll be giving tickets away to the boys and girls clubs as seat fillers again. If Michigan makes that game with Iowa, it would be a hot ticket. I'm not even sure how much Ohio State or MSU fans would travel to this game.

Reactions: NI hawk
How about hotels? I did a quick search and everything downtown is already sold out? Do you suppose rooms will open up as soon as the two teams are decided? I'm just trying to get prepared.

How about hotels? I did a quick search and everything downtown is already sold out? Do you suppose rooms will open up as soon as the two teams are decided? I'm just trying to get prepared.
You need to book for two nights to get a room downtown.

There are cheap hotels just a few miles from downtown. The ones within walking distance are outrageously overpriced. I will never understand why people pay that much money for a place to sleep.

What's the parking situation like around Lucas Oil? Pre-paid passes? Gameday parking? Downtown ramps and then walk to the stadium?

If it is 2 undefeated teams I'm curious to see what the demand will be. Both teams are playing for a chance to go play two more games that will involve a lot of travel and expenses for fans. What do fans want to put their money toward? Ohio St is in that game so often I don't see them selling a ton of tickets as I am sure their fan base will see Iowa as a cake walk and save their money for a bowl trip. With a loss Iowa is looking at the Rose or Fiesta Bowl so why spend your money on Indy? Of course, Indy is just a drive for both fan bases so expenses aren't nearly what a bowl game will be, but still gas, hotel, food, tickets, boozeahol...it all adds up. This is why they have not sold the tickets they expected to to from day 1. Again...I am waiting and buying on StubHub the week of the game if I decide to go

I'll take your word for it, but Stub Hub prices are outrageous right now, well over face. I almost panicked a few days ago and bought some off of TicketMaster. I'd like some decent seats but am not willing to pay an arm and a leg.

Has anyone actually attended a game at Lucas Oil before? What are the upper deck seats like? Some pictures I've seen make them look a mile and half away from the field, and in others they don't look that terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT