ADVERTISEMENT

B1G in the tournament

mazda1

HR All-American
Sep 22, 2015
Having watched a ton of B1G basketball this year and seeing almost every game be a real dog fight I’m wondering how we’ll do in the tournament.

Will the B1G excel due to being battle tested every game or will we be so beat up and exhausted we can’t compete against fresher squads who haven’t run this kind of gauntlet?

I’m curious as to what the board thinks.

We have seven games left against mediocre teams, so we should be okay and be as fresh as any other team in the B1G tournament. The seeding is going to determine a lot of things.
As top seed and we only will play 3 games at the most?? So we'll be favored to win the first one and would be underdogs on the next two. So we'll be lucky to win more than one game and all the trolls will be all over this.
Cheer up and find a ticket for "DES MOINES":p

National Champs or bust this year! Just need to keep staying healthy and we will find a way.

We have seven games left against mediocre teams, so we should be okay and be as fresh as any other team in the B1G tournament. The seeding is going to determine a lot of things.
As top seed and we only will play 3 games at the most?? So we'll be favored to win the first one and would be underdogs on the next two. So we'll be lucky to win more than one game and all the trolls will be all over this.
Cheer up and find a ticket for "DES MOINES":p
Mediocre? Aren't two of those teams ahead of us in the standings?

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Tournament all depends on guard play. Also officials play a role in tournament games. I’m hoping JBO/Moss/Weiskamp can keep plugging away and scoring points.

Every conference schedule (Big10 and otherwise) is a grind. No team isnt slightly beat up.

As for the Big10 tourney, Iowa has a chance to advance. Hopefully they can stay in the top 6 seeslds to get that 1st day bye.

Having watched a ton of B1G basketball this year and seeing almost every game be a real dog fight I’m wondering how we’ll do in the tournament.

Will the B1G excel due to being battle tested every game or will we be so beat up and exhausted we can’t compete against fresher squads who haven’t run this kind of gauntlet?

I’m curious as to what the board thinks.

I'd love to see Iowa on the opposite side of Michigan State. It always seems like Iowa doesn't match up well with them. I'd be ok seeing them in the BTT championship game! ;)

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
I was thinking abt the NCAA’s. With the physical play in the B1G I thought we (B1G) might be coming in a little worse for wear then some other leagues. I’m always concerned about our ability to adjust to the quicker whistles and “touch” fouls that seem to be the rule of thumb in the NCAA’s.

I know all conference games are generally tougher, but I don’t think the tenth place teams are normally a threat to the top teams in most leagues. Some of those laughers can provide a breather that I don’t think the B1G enjoys.

On the flip side, we will have a ton of experience in playing close,competitive games that not all teams will have experienced.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT