ADVERTISEMENT

Bad officials

One of the better officiated games that I've seen in awhile. I have no idea what you people were watching.

The only semi-controversial call in the whole game was the non-PI call where the ball was overthrown about 15 yards from the receiver. No way in hell was that PI, the ball has to be somewhere in the zipcode. They did miss the fumble when CJ was on his back, but it was correctly overturned on replay.

Not sure what on earth you have to bitch about after this one, but I'm sure the crybaby segment of the fanbase will find something.

Da Coach is pissed again after a win. What a shocker.

Pittsburgh 3 penalties all game, 2 personal fouls and a delay of game that was on purpose.

They missed some holding calls on both teams but the one on Blythe was a bad call. The first one on Blythe they let that shit go on most of the night, it was touchy.

How they missed about 5 helmet to helmet calls is beyond me.

The blown PI call on Tevaun was pretty obvious, that's why Da Coach saw it. Yea he got one. :) Good job, you're my hero.

Welll, on huge controversial call that went in our favor was Canzeri's touchdown. It was hard to tell from the TV angle...

Welll, on huge controversial call that went in our favor was Canzeri's touchdown. It was hard to tell from the TV angle...
Inconclusive does not mean controversial. And it wasn’t all that “huge.” We most likely would have punched it in anyway.

One of the better officiated games that I've seen in awhile. I have no idea what you people were watching.

The only semi-controversial call in the whole game was the non-PI call where the ball was overthrown about 15 yards from the receiver. No way in hell was that PI, the ball has to be somewhere in the zipcode. They did miss the fumble when CJ was on his back, but it was correctly overturned on replay.

Not sure what on earth you have to bitch about after this one, but I'm sure the crybaby segment of the fanbase will find something.
I will goo with the holding call late in the 4th after a big gain. Blythe blocked his man over the top of another defender, he fell over him the flag comes out.

Reactions: HobbieHawk
I will goo with the holding call late in the 4th after a big gain. Blythe blocked his man over the top of another defender, he fell over him the flag comes out.
That "penalty" on Blythe could very well end up in video libraries for Offensive Line Play that says "block EXACTLY like Austin Blythe did on this play"! (and insert "never mind the stupid flag from the Official with his head up his hind-end")

Unfortunately, it happens pretty often -- O-lineman executes a perfect pancake and the ref assumes he must have held in order to do it.

Reactions: WORTHYWISH
How about the shove Vandenberg took on his corner route where he got shoved to the ground.

There were some pretty obvious bad calls. But in the end Iowa played better and won so shut up and move on.

Lots of missed holding calls. Mostly them, some us... watch Daniels basically throw his guy down right in front of the ref. The guy had to come out of the game.

A big 10 crew crew would have penalized pitt on the fumble review for the head to head contact Terrible officiating.

I had this question -- is that a call that can be made on review for something else? If so, I'm flabbergasted that they didn't make the call based on that video. It was beyond obvious.

That "penalty" on Blythe could very well end up in video libraries for Offensive Line Play that says "block EXACTLY like Austin Blythe did on this play"! (and insert "never mind the stupid flag from the Official with his head up his hind-end")
This is exactly right. That to me was the worst penalty I saw because that was pure man handling as a lineman. I get there were other possible calls (good/bad) but man, as a guy that likes to watch the blocking schemes that was a crap call.

LOL

Crybaby pussy. It's called football.
No it isn't. On a night when Greenwood showed how to bravely battle brain trauma you would think referees would be even more aware of helmet to helmet hits. Given how many potential targeting penalties they missed makes me concerned about any players health.
As to the non-PI call, the reason it may have looked uncatchable is the DB made contact during the route, preventing the receiver from having a chance on a pass that was correctly leading his pattern. Classic PI call. Not sure how even a high school ref could have missed it. It also appeared that the DB purposely made the hit. It did not look accidental. He also came in high on the hit.
Given the stats on football concussions it is imperative that every official prioritize player safety. Helmet to helmet should be an automatic call. Targeting is dirty football.

The officials seems hesitant all game. Very passive, and a crew that didn't take command of the game.

We are fortunate none of the helmet to helmet plays resulted in serious injury.

4-15 play they converted at the end their TE ran right into our LB then cut to the middle. Amazing how open he was lol

They sucked.
Missed helmet to helmet, including obvious one directly to CJ's facemask.
Phantom holding call on Blythe.
Good to know won't be seeing that crew again.

1400621673411.jpg

No matter where the ball was thats an illegal play.

You can't just tackle someone without the ball. It's defensive holding.

Wow you are trying to hard. Troll on.

No matter where the ball was thats an illegal play.

You can't just tackle someone without the ball. It's defensive holding.

Except that's not what happened. There was no holding there. It would have been PI had the ball been anywhere even remotely close to it's intended target. As it was, no foul, and correctly called on the field.

Except that's not what happened. There was no holding there. It would have been PI had the ball been anywhere even remotely close to it's intended target. As it was, no foul, and correctly called on the field.

Well there you have it. It was pass interference. The minute Da Coach comes in and disagrees with you, you know you are right.

The ball wasnt even half way to the WR yet. It's clearly PI as was told to you by Glen Mason. You're a tool but an easy win and a village idiot so we like having you around.

Last edited:
Well there you have it. It was pass interference. The minute Da Coach comes in and disagrees with you, you know you are right.

The ball wasnt even half way to the WR yet. It's clearly PI as was told to you by Glen Mason. You're a tool but an easy win and a village idiot so we like having you around.

It wasn't 'told to me' by anyone as I was at the game and it happened right in front of me, you bandwagon non-fan. Surprised you even watched the game this time. Fish must have stopped biting just in the nick of time.

It wasn't 'told to me' by anyone as I was at the game and it happened right in front of me, you bandwagon non-fan. Surprised you even watched the game this time. Fish must have stopped biting just in the nick of time.

Oh then you didn't get a chance to see the replay. If you had you would know you are wrong but I think you have to have a hunch that most times you are wrong. I mean odds are in your favor of being wrong.

Yes on this board I am clearly the bandwagon fan. While you tend to always seem pissed off when Iowa wins. Hmmmmmm.

Nope Walleye are on fire in Eastern Washington. So glad you asked again about my personal life. Because I have to say, if you and I weren't friends, well I just wouldn't know what to do with myself.

The Iowa player ended up on the ground due to being shoved by a defender.

I don't care what you think happened, that's not legal.

The officials didn't call anything because they didn't see it.

Blatant pass interference on a couple plays and a few others that could have been called, a non-holding holding call on Blythe. Helmet to Helmet not called. The officials were pretty bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT