ADVERTISEMENT

Bama getting in over FSU is crap and blatant SEC bias

The issue on why Alabama got in over FSU is the current QB situation at FSU - they played with their 3rd QB yesterday and looked horrible on offense. The committee said that injuries are part of the equation when determining which teams get in - like it or not. They put in the 4 best current teams. The FSU defense, however, is rock-solid and one of the best in the country
If that’s the case, why play any games at all? It’s a beauty pageant. Just put the 4 teams ESPN wants in there and call it a day.

Results should matter, otherwise what the hell is the point. Alabama lost, they had their chance.

The Buckeyes obliterated Wisky 59-0 in the B1G CCG in 2014. Cardale Jones looked like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana in that game. The Buckeyes were selected after that massive beatdown. Can you say the same about the FSU QB yesterday? Not even close
Nope. However, FSU didn't lose a single game, beat two SEC "powers", and plays in a conference that had a winning record against the SEC in 2023. The backup QB playing is irrelevant because they would have done the same thing to FSU if Jordan Travis was healthy. SEC needed protection and Texas has more stroke than the ACC with ESPN. FSU was always going to get the short end of the stick. The backup QB stuff is just a convenient excuse.

Last edited:
Nope. However, FSU didn't loss a single game, beat two SEC "powers", and plays in a conference that had a winning record against the SEC in 2023. The backup QB playing is irrelevant because they would have done the same thing to FSU if Jordan Travis was healthy. SEC needed protection and Texas has more stroke than the ACC with ESPN. FSU was always going to get the short end of the stick. The backup QB stuff is just a convenient excuse.
I'm not disagreeing with you on what FSU did this year - they had a great year when THEY HAD THEIR QB. But - like the committee stated - they have to look at the 4 best teams now also considering their season's record. I hate seeing Alabama back in there again but sorry, injuries are part of the equation and that FSU offense - with their 3rd QB (not backup) - was sad last night. Having to go with the 3rd qb is not irrelevant - especially if he sucks like last night unless his name is Cardale Jones

FSU is an undefeated P5 Conference Champ with two wins over SEC teams this season. They had some injuries but overcame adversity and won as a team.

Bama has already LOST to another team in the playoffs, by double digits, at HOME.

This is blatant SEC bias and sends a terrible message. Poor judgment and unforgivable decision by the committee.
Why Proctor dumped the Hawks ... make playoffs playing in Rose Bowl
Great move by the kid

Whats interesting to think about.... What are the 4 teams if Georgia would have won?

Georgia, Michigan, Washington, FSU? 4 undefeated P5 champions.

I blame Brian Ferentz. Just beat Michigan and the whole mess clears up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck C
It really is unreal they fvcked FSU. There needs to be an investigation into it, because there really is no logical explanation outside of the “eye test” argument, and even that would be incredibly weak.
EYE TEST!

Have you seen Bama play this year? Well I have they are the worst bama team in the last 10 years and NOT a top 4 team let alone a top 5 team this needs to be investigated immediately!

This is the biggest BS I’ve ever seen im okay with what the committee does every year so far, this year NO! You can’t leave out a 13-0 power 5 school. This was the reason it moved to 4 teams so something like this didn’t happen and they still beat Florida and still beat Louisville with their backup while Alabama needed a miracle and got it because Auburn was stupid rushing 2, they had gotten to the QB all game due to their poor offensive line play on passing I said it when it was 4th and goal at the 32. What are you doing rushinf 2! Get pressure on him and then it happened.

Alabama won ALOT of games by under 10, and played like garbage against teams like UCF who they beat 17-7.

I watdhed Florida state this year. Compared resumes. Florida State wins and should be in, committee would have let them in, problem is they needed Bama in for that to happen they had to get Texas in who beat not so great Okie State team, since Texas beat Bama. So Texas leapfrogs 4 spots ahead of Florida State who beat a better team in Louisville. This makes 0 sense and needs to be investigated. Tired of corruption in sports it’s getting old.

Hope the cheaters up north crush them! I was actually shocked when I saw the 4 but shouldn’t have been I just couldn’t see anyway you leave out a 13-0 power 5. Didn’t a none power 5 school make it once going undefeated(Cinci?) I could be wrong but what a joke!

EYE TEST!

Have you seen Bama play this year? Well I have they are the worst bama team in the last 10 years and NOT a top 4 team let alone a top 5 team this needs to be investigated immediately!

This is the biggest BS I’ve ever seen im okay with what the committee does every year so far, this year NO! You can’t leave out a 13-0 power 5 school. This was the reason it moved to 4 teams so something like this didn’t happen and they still beat Florida and still beat Louisville with their backup while Alabama needed a miracle and got it because Auburn was stupid rushing 2, they had gotten to the QB all game due to their poor offensive line play on passing I said it when it was 4th and goal at the 32. What are you doing rushinf 2! Get pressure on him and then it happened.

Alabama won ALOT of games by under 10, and played like garbage against teams like UCF who they beat 17-7.

I watdhed Florida state this year. Compared resumes. Florida State wins and should be in, committee would have let them in, problem is they needed Bama in for that to happen they had to get Texas in who beat not so great Okie State team, since Texas beat Bama. So Texas leapfrogs 4 spots ahead of Florida State who beat a better team in Louisville. This makes 0 sense and needs to be investigated. Tired of corruption in sports it’s getting old.

Hope the cheaters up north crush them! I was actually shocked when I saw the 4 but shouldn’t have been I just couldn’t see anyway you leave out a 13-0 power 5. Didn’t a none power 5 school make it once going undefeated(Cinci?) I could be wrong but what a joke!
i only saw alabama play once this year and that was 4th quarter against georgia. they looked very good on offense and not that great on D. but overall they looked good enough to beat mi. disappointing to read that they have been crappy most of the year.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
we aren't talking iowa/iowa state here. This is a national title contender vs a low end sec team that got housed the week before by NMS.
One game is one of the biggest historic rivalries in all of college football.

The other one is Iowa vs Iowa St.

What if the Alabama QB would have been hurt in his last play against Georgia. Does anyone really believe that the committee would have used that as a reason to keep Alabama out? Ot does anyone believe that the ESPN analysts would have presented that argument?

As much as I hate to say it because I hate the SEC, Alabama and Georgia are the two best teams. It sure as hell isn’t Michigan. With just an average offense Iowa is Big Ten champs. Michigan and Harbaugh had no clue what to do with our defense. I think Georgia and Florida St. play in a bowl game. That will be one to watch.
Not sure I agree. Harbaugh realized that the only way they could lose that game is if they turned it over a couple times. So I think they played it relatively conservative. They did the same thing against PSU.

I couldn't care less about ESPN. I care about college football having a point. What's the point in a playoff system and a championship if a team can go undefeated through an entire season and get jumped by teams that have lost?
Uh, win bigger? Look better? Hope the teams from better conferences don't look better than you?

Nobody has proven they can beat fsu. Bama and Texas are for sure beatable. Sounds like fsu should be in the playoffs to me

Reactions: Garbanzo Joe
everyone should have seen this coming a mile away. Was watching the game at a bar with some of our friends Saturday night, once the SEC game went final I said they are in….one of them looked at me like I had two heads, “you can’t leave an undefeated FSU out…no way that happens!”

It happened…frankly we’re lucky Georgia didn’t get in over Texas too. But I suppose UT’s upcoming move to the SEC helped them enough.

Bama will win it all (again) in my opinion….and I don’t think any of the games will be particularly close.

everyone should have seen this coming a mile away. Was watching the game at a bar with some of our friends Saturday night, once the SEC game went final I said they are in….one of them looked at me like I had two heads, “you can’t leave an undefeated FSU out…no way that happens!”

It happened…frankly we’re lucky Georgia didn’t get in over Texas too. But I suppose UT’s upcoming move to the SEC helped them enough.

Bama will win it all (again) in my opinion….and I don’t think any of the games will be particularly close.
I think Michigan gets it done this year. They are a complete team, and Alabama has looked very pedestrian in a lot of games this year.

Reactions: Bruceman44
I think Michigan gets it done this year. They are a complete team, and Alabama has looked very pedestrian in a lot of games this year.

Agreed. Then we'll patiently wait for the NCAA to do nothing about their sign stealing cheating a$$es

Alabama has peaked and playing very good football. All the haters that believe that they don’t belong in playoffs will fire Alabama up BIG TIME. Bama beats Michigan

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
3rd string QB and "looking horrible on offense" or not, they still went undefeated against a P5 schedule and won their CCG.

It's flat out wrong that they got left out.

In fact, I believe that makes them even more deserving of a playoff bid by losing their starting QB and still finishing undefeated.
My thought is, here and forever forward the team could just say they hope/expect to have a player back by the playoff. They aren't obligated to disclose what actually happened. Just if someone is available on a given week.
FSU should have been as dishonest as UM and the SEC.

They should’ve paused the National Title a few years back when Tua replaced Hurts at QB against UGA and led the comeback. Alabama should’ve been DQ’ed from the playoff since the backup was in.
While I get the sarcasm intended, the move was brilliant and actually may have been the key for Hurts to leave and develop into what he is today.

One player in basketball is a little more important than one player in football.
Plus if iowa was undefeated I would stop hope they would get the #1 seed. At that point they earned that seed.

If the quarterback for Alabama, Texas, Washington or Michigan gets hurt before the playoff game are they going to kick them out and put FSU back in?
There is no more important position in sports than the quarterback.

FSU, Wash, Mich were all locks.

So the only question should’ve been the 4th spot.

Texas had the worst loss between Ohio State, Alabama, & Georgia. By far

But Texas beat Alabama.

Alabama beat Georgia.

Ohio State had the best loss of all the 1 loss teams.

I guess talking myself through it the rankings should’ve been 1)Washington 2)Michigan 3)Florida State 4)Ohio State

Can’t put Georgia in over Alabama.

Can’t put Alabama in over Texas.

Can’t put Texas in over Ohio State when they lost to a pedestrian Oklahoma.
you know, the SEC can have 2 teams in the playoffs, but they will never allow another division have 2

It really is unreal they fvcked FSU. There needs to be an investigation into it, because there really is no logical explanation outside of the “eye test” argument, and even that would be incredibly weak.
If it came out later that everyone was in cahoots, and FSU was chosen to take the fall, which they now can use as a rallying cry to push themselves into a new conference, etc, I wouldn't be surprised.
I get it. FSU has no chance without Travis.

Bama will throttle Michigan.

I would argue that Georgia should be in over Texas (if you're trying to get the four best teams).

If Texas and Bama play again, Bama wins convincingly. They are a better team since their QB started playing better.

Bottom line is that I can't wait for a 12 team bracket.
You can't wait for 3/4 loss SEC teams to fill the field? Cause that's what you're gonna get. Not to mention the devaluation of the entirety of the season.
all these ncaa conspiracies over the decades and have we ever had a disgruntled ncaa employees turn over memos or emails confirming it?

Nobody wants to see FSU in the playoff without their star QB. They are not a top four team without him. Limping past Louisville proved that.
It's not about "top," "best," "most likely." It's about earning it.
If that’s the case, why play any games at all? It’s a beauty pageant. Just put the 4 teams ESPN wants in there and call it a day.

Results should matter, otherwise what the hell is the point. Alabama lost, they had their chance.
It's as Leach predicted years ago. Just have the committee decide on the four teams in August, and we'll skip actually playing any games.

You can't wait for 3/4 loss SEC teams to fill the field? Cause that's what you're gonna get. Not to mention the devaluation of the entirety of the season.
How so?

If anything, it will open the doors for fewer loss Big 12 and ACC teams since the BIG and SEC will be knocking each other off more.

1. Michigan
  2. Washington
  3. Texas
  4. Alabama
  5. Florida State
  6. Georgia
  7. Ohio State
  8. Oregon
  9. Missouri
  10. Penn State
  11. Ole Miss
  12. Oklahoma

How so?

If anything, it will open the doors for fewer loss Big 12 and ACC teams since the BIG and SEC will be knocking each other off more.

1. Michigan
  2. Washington
  3. Texas
  4. Alabama
  5. Florida State
  6. Georgia
  7. Ohio State
  8. Oregon
  9. Missouri
  10. Penn State
  11. Ole Miss
  12. Oklahoma
There are 5 big ten teams and 6 SEC teams on that list.

I just hope that ESPN doesn't seek further SEC validation by stacking the officiating crew and replay. Although Jimmy getting worked does have appeal.

If you want to look at the power of ESPN's propaganda, look no further than people in this thread. MULTIPLE posters are parroting what ESPN said "FSU looked horrible with their third string QB". Do you know who wouldn't be playing in the playoffs? The 3rd string QB. Rodemaker would be starting, not Glenn. While Rodemaker isn't Travis, he has road wins over Louisville in 2022 and florida in 2023.

There were posters in this thread that disregard Bama's need for a miracle vs Auburn because it was a rivalry game. Rodemaker beat a florida team, that by every metric, is better than Auburn, and didn't need a miracle to do so. Guess which team got propped up by ESPN for their gutsy miracle win and which team was penalized for an "ugly" 9 point win? Hell, there was a full story on ESPN trying to validate the win as preparation and not luck, just to spin the narrative.

ESPN started laying the foundation for this, prior to Travis's injury. When Alabama locked up their spot in the SECCG, ESPN turned up the narrative on how good Texas was, because they needed a reason to mask Bama's loss if they were to beat Georgia. It's why they beat the drum so loud for their "big" win over Texas Tech and why they talked about how amazing the win over a floundering OSU was (that same OSU team that needed a complete meltdown by a 5 win BYU team just to get in and the same OSU team that got beat by UCF and South Alabama by a combined score of 88-10).

If Georgia wins, FSU doesn't get left out, because ESPN had a representative. Because they didn't, they needed an excuse to put Bama in and the injury was their only valid "reason" to do so.

Doesn’t the expansion next year take care of this type of issue going forward ?

Yes you can always argue a team got hosed, but expanding the playoffs mean you’ll get the best teams for sure
Correct.

Not sure I agree. Harbaugh realized that the only way they could lose that game is if they turned it over a couple times. So I think they played it relatively conservative. They did the same thing against PSU.
You don’t think they wanted to run up the score?

If you want to look at the power of ESPN's propaganda, look no further than people in this thread. MULTIPLE posters are parroting what ESPN said "FSU looked horrible with their third string QB". Do you know who wouldn't be playing in the playoffs? The 3rd string QB. Rodemaker would be starting, not Glenn. While Rodemaker isn't Travis, he has road wins over Louisville in 2022 and florida in 2023.

There were posters in this thread that disregard Bama's need for a miracle vs Auburn because it was a rivalry game. Rodemaker beat a florida team, that by every metric, is better than Auburn, and didn't need a miracle to do so. Guess which team got propped up by ESPN for their gutsy miracle win and which team was penalized for an "ugly" 9 point win? Hell, there was a full story on ESPN trying to validate the win as preparation and not luck, just to spin the narrative.

ESPN started laying the foundation for this, prior to Travis's injury. When Alabama locked up their spot in the SECCG, ESPN turned up the narrative on how good Texas was, because they needed a reason to mask Bama's loss if they were to beat Georgia. It's why they beat the drum so loud for their "big" win over Texas Tech and why they talked about how amazing the win over a floundering OSU was (that same OSU team that needed a complete meltdown by a 5 win BYU team just to get in and the same OSU team that got beat by UCF and South Alabama by a combined score of 88-10).

If Georgia wins, FSU doesn't get left out, because ESPN had a representative. Because they didn't, they needed an excuse to put Bama in and the injury was their only valid "reason" to do so.

ESPN is a microcosm for what is wrong with the media in general. Most people in the media are actually quite dumb. The smartest students don’t go to school to be journalists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT