ADVERTISEMENT

Bama spanking Illini

Originally posted by Ray Kinsella:
19-4 so far. Illinois higher seeded but their gym is going through renovations.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Illinois is always capable of a comeback. And I would think that Groce could use a statement game to show his team didn't quit at the end of the season.

NIT is all about who can get themselves motivated enough to play after being left out. I suspect Illinois is fighting apathy.

Originally posted by DanL53:

Illinois is always capable of a comeback. And I would think that Groce could use a statement game to show his team didn't quit at the end of the season.
Illinois ain't coming back in this one. This team has absolutely no pulse whatsoever. What an embarrassment.

Just hit halftime. Illinois down 46-22. They were behind by as many as 29 at one point in the first half.

Just hit halftime. Illinois down 46-22. They were behind by as many as 29 at one point in the first half.

Originally posted by ichawks:

Illinois ain't coming back in this one. This team has absolutely no pulse whatsoever. What an embarrassment.

I will do my best to continue to hope for an Illini comeback as long as there is time on the clock. This way, if they continue to be driven into the ground I can make a big deal about how Groce lost his team before they even played the game.
evilgrin0007.r191677.gif

"Have they no character?", I will say. "I thought Groce was supposed to be some great motivator!?!?", I will add. "Isn't this team playing with FIVE four star rated players?", I will remind.
evilgrin0025.r191677.gif

Ah heck....I want everything to go wrong!!!! I hope it does, I admit it.
evilgrin0017.r191677.gif

Originally posted by EpenesaEpenesa:
Such underachievers

Why can't they be like Iowa State!?!?!? How come the Illini are such chokers!?!? How long before they fire Groce!?!? Their players are all busts!!!!

How can a team get blown out in an NIT game? Then again, shouldn't surprise us. It's Illinois after all.

As much as I would like to watch Illinois get hammered, I just can't change the channel and not watch what Hawes from BYU is doing.

Groce is on life support over there. Next year is do or die for him I think.

Originally posted by 4th & 9 inches:
Are you Kilroy's brother?
Assuming you are talking to me. Why don't you ask everyone else who is having a good time at the misery of Illinois.

You ARE aware there is a bit of a rivalry between Iowa and Illinois, aren't you?

Well, it's over. Fortunately the Illini have what is on paper another excellent recruiting class.

I don't know what the key word is:

Excellent

or

Another?

I didn't watch the game, but Groce seems to be blessed with the ability to make less out of more, not the other way around.
Kind of hope he and tan Tommy keep their jobs a few more years
happy.r191677.gif

Originally posted by HoustonREDHawk:
I didn't watch the game, but Groce seems to be blessed with the ability to make less out of more, not the other way around.
Kind of hope he and tan Tommy keep their jobs a few more years
happy.r191677.gif
I agree. I don't really want them fired...just tortured horribly and humiliated often.

Illinois would probably be better if Groce spent more time coaching and less time standing out on the court screaming at the refs in order to get them to call the game in their favor......which doesn't work because he's not Izzo or Ryan.

Outside of about a five minute run, Illinois also looked horrible against Michigan last week. I like the direction their program is heading, keep it up!

Originally posted by win1forthe:
Outside of about a five minute run, Illinois also looked horrible against Michigan last week. I like the direction their program is heading, keep it up!
ILLANNOY fans are calling for Groce to be fired. He'll get next year to show what his recruiting and coaching abilities are all about.
party0012.r191677.gif

McLovin' it!
I-am-mclovin.jpg.jpg

This post was edited on 3/18 1:07 AM by TheHawkeyeDudeAbides

Haven't they had to play NIT road games in the past because Assembly Hall wasn't available? Sucks for them

That beatdown was a pleasure to watch. Couldn't happen to a more deserving team and fan base. Groce is gross.

Originally posted by EpenesaEpenesa:
Such underachievers

Why can't they be like Iowa State!?!?!? How come the Illini are such chokers!?!? How long before they fire Groce!?!? Their players are all busts!!!!
Better question: Why can't Iowa State be like Illinois?

Ah.....Dr.Tom, Bruce Pearl, Dion Thomas and the jingle jingle of car keys in Carver Hawkeye-gone but not forgotten!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT