ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Illinois Game Thread*****

It was tied at 75 with 5:53 left... outscored 20-10 to finish, Hawks from there went 4-10 from the field, 2-2 free throws, and 4 turnovers, 3 from Perk, his only 3 of the game, but came at the worst time.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
If Fran would be a believer in defense, he’d have his teams in the sweet sixteen almost yearly. Probably have a better job than Iowa also.

Illini had too many horses....they looked fresher down the stretch.

Once again we give up too many threes and let an unknown guy have a career nite.

Hope that last turnover by PMac resulting in 10 point deficit does not hurt our Net.
His offensive game is very lacking and hurts us on defense.
Great game by Dix.

I think the only chance the Hawks have now is to win the BTT. Which is highly unlikely.
Nah. If we win the next 3 and 1-2 in the BTT we’re in. Quad 1 opponents coming up in Northwestern and Illinois.

Sandfort!!
4bf685f4-734c-48bb-af2d-7c5c02c8c4b0_text.gif

• Love
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Iowa shot 48% for the game, but just 35% in the 2nd half.

Iowa shooting, broken down (no pun intended):

............................1st ...............2nd
...........................Half..............Half......OVERALL
From 3.....3-6 (50%).......1-6 (17%)......4-12 (33%)
From 2...15-23 (65%)...11-28 (39%)...26-51 (51%)
........................................................................................
...............18-29 (62%)...12-34 (35%)..30-63 (48%)

Freeman and PMac combined for 50 min and 12 points. On the plus side, Freeman had 8 rebounds. PMac had only 1.

Freeman missed some shots he normally makes. The 8 rebounds were big but we needed more. PMAC played one of his games where he's not a factor on offense and then his lack of defense/rebounding gets magnfied. PMAC just developed too many bad habits of avoiding contact and just looking for cheap run outs---too late to change his game and his Dad was the enabler. Not PMAC fault he got special treatment.

Illini had too many horses....they looked fresher down the stretch.

Once again we give up too many threes and let an unknown guy have a career nite.

Hope that last turnover by PMac resulting in 10 point deficit does not hurt our Net.
His offensive game is very lacking and hurts us on defense.
Great game by Dix.
I think when Underwood took out his starters and we couldn’t extend the lead it was game over. Their starters had fresh legs the last 10 minutes.

Dix will play some professional ball. Good defender, good handles, can make all the shots. Reminds me some of Bobby Hansen, quiet-tough-assassin.

He would be an asset if he was a 10 minuter per game guy...ride him longer if he's making baskets. Unfortunately Fran can't help himself. I don't mind Jack going elsewhere because Fran has a double standard for his kids.
That is what frustrates me the most. If PMac had the role your suggesting since the beginning of the year, guys like Dembele, Harding, and Bowen would have gained a lot of valuable experience and could potentially be counted on as the 5th player on the floor during important stretches. But, alas...

Freeman missed some shots he normally makes. The 8 rebounds were big but we needed more. PMAC played one of his games where he's not a factor on offense and then his lack of defense/rebounding gets magnfied. PMAC just developed too many bad habits of avoiding contact and just looking for cheap run outs---too late to change his game and his Dad was the enabler. Not PMAC fault he got special treatment.
Yeah, and at his size it really has factored into games where he could have made a consistent impact.

Reactions: Moral
So winning the next 3 is necessary for NCAA bit or else wining B1G ten tournament? Are we close to MarkfromJ admitting the next few games are must wins or are we relying on winning the Big10 Tournament as our way into NCAA tourney?

It was good effort today.. I doubt this team wins at Carver vs Illini. Illini just too many weapons, including off the bench.

Reactions: Moral and 83Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT