ADVERTISEMENT

Bands/Artists you hate, but everyone else seems to like....

I want to be that dude's friend.
They found him sleeping in a bush outside his ex gfs home. Its easily my favorite arrest from live pd. My wife and I cannot hear the band pearl jam mentioned with one of us saying "its my religion man, my religion". Its the real life equivalent to the scene in half baked "you ever seen the back of a 20 dollar bill " .....classic

I used to hate Def Leopard, but heard them live on Howard on day and they blew me away. Never appreciated how technical their music was, very talented band.

But Canada gave us The Band and if you don't love their music you're a moran.
I used the word IF. You are correct..Canada has done better than Rush and I do like The Bands music but personally think Robbie Robertson is a little like Don Henley is his business dealings.

rush and it's not even close.
journey, boston, styx, kansas all sound the same.
modern Country is some of the worst music ever made. All the guys sound the same. I can respect the older country music, not today's.
90% of rap is crap.

Ooooh... I'd like to nominate Supertramp. The guy who sings The Logical Song is such a whiny bitch that it makes me want to dig my eardrums out with an ice pick.

The good answers so far have been Pearl Jam, The Doors, GnR. A lot of WAGAF (who actually) bands (your Journeys, Kansases, Styxes).

The worst answer yet is Velvet Underground. Nice work OP. Or Pink Floyd but I expect such nonense from Finance and Gaylord.

I will add Frank Sinatra. I think he's patron saint of New Jersey but I'd rather sing along to ISIS anthem.

Reactions: torbee
Steely Dan.

Although I question whether “everyone” seems to like them to begin with.
How can you dislike a band named after a dildo?
But I’ll admit their sound sort of blends into the background along with a dozen other 70s soft rock bands.

I don't hate them, but I could never understand the popularity of jam bands - Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, etc.

original.gif

Most of mine have been mentioned (Dave Matthews, Nirvana, Green Day). I would add Chris Stapleton to the list for sure.

I wasn’t a DMB fan until I saw them live. Good musicians. Dave’s voice isn’t for everyone though.

I’ll add:

Weezer
Ozzy
Foo Fighters
FF gave Paul Schafer a major woodie....which led them to a ton of play time and publicity on Letterman otherwise they would never have caught on. Exact same situation with Blues Traveler. Popper must have blown on Pauls harmonica.

YOU PEOPLE are idiots. Frank Sinatra? Foo Fighters? Pearl Jam? Guns n Roses? Pink Floyd? The Beatles? Led Zeppelin? CCR? Bruce Springsteen? Too many more bad responses to name.

You're all just trying to be edgy. Idiots. Every one of you are idiots. Fight bar me all you want.

Fleetwood Mac sucks and is still the correct answer to the question posed in this thread.

YOU PEOPLE are idiots. Frank Sinatra? Foo Fighters? Pearl Jam? Guns n Roses? Pink Floyd? The Beatles? Led Zeppelin? CCR? Bruce Springsteen? Too many more bad responses to name.

You're all just trying to be edgy. Idiots. Every one of you are idiots. Fight bar me all you want.

Fleetwood Mac sucks and is still the correct answer to the question posed in this thread.
Fleetwood Mac is 50 times more talented than Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder’s faux “Deep Thinker” schtick.

Reactions: ghost80

Axl Rose is probably the worst singer of any famous band ever. And I say that fully acknowledging that Brian Johnson and Geddy Lee exist. His vocals alone make them unlistenable.

I used the word IF. You are correct..Canada has done better than Rush and I do like The Bands music but personally think Robbie Robertson is a little like Don Henley is his business dealings.

Yeah, I can see why people may not like Robbie, but when you are the only slightly sober person in the group and doing the majority of the work you'd probably get tired of it as well. Too bad they were as short lived as they were or they could have gone down as the best R&R group of all time.

Some of mine have already been mentioned, but I will add Bob Seger.
this for me. In fact I hate all of those late 70's early 80's band that have "Name of dude and the name of band" names..

Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown band
Huey Lewis and the News
The Steve Miller Band

All that safe generic good time white guy rock music.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT