ADVERTISEMENT

Barron Trump Is Picked to Be Delegate at the Republican Convention

I don’t think anyone is going to do much. But he’s now fair game. For questioning, criticism, etc. I think he can and should be asked about supporting his Dad as well as his Dad’s foibles.

He wasn’t fair game until he both became an adult and jumped into politics.

Those are the rules.

You think he’s off limits because he’s only 18 or because he’s only one of 6300?
I’m not saying he’s off limits. I just think it’s a little weird how some posters are champing at the bit to start tearing into him.

I mean, Republicans lost their shit when high schooler David Hogg started being vocal about gun violence and wanting gun restrictions after he survived his high schools massacre.

But I guess this is a different.
I wasn’t one of the people who lost their shit over David Hogg. Address your concerns to the people who did.

I’m not saying he’s off limits. I just think it’s a little weird how some posters are champing at the bit to start tearing into him.
Well, unless he’s involved in the campaign or somehow is a part of dads administration I won’t be going out of my way to mention him.

Reactions: TJ8869
I wasn’t one of the people who lost their shit over David Hogg. Address your concerns to the people who did.
I will admit I never liked David Hogg. There's something about him that makes me not trust him, instinctually. I'm not sure how honest he is.

I will admit I never liked David Hogg. There's something about him that makes me not trust him, instinctually. I'm not sure how honest he is.
I don’t have any issues with him. I understand his passion for gun control, especially after what he and his friends experienced. I think the harshest criticism I’ve leveled against him was that there was a point where he was close to transitioning from “guy who’s trying to effect positive change in society” to “guy who really enjoys the spotlight.”

Reactions: Tom Paris
No one has to be a delegate. I’m guessing that, much like the other 6300+ delegates, he’s looking at this as an exciting opportunity.

Meh. Wake me up when he heads out on the campaign trail or starts a podcast or something.
LOL, what 18 year old looks forward to going to Milwaukee for 4 days in order to be a delegate?

One a military vet and state attorney general. Died of natural causes - Age 46

One a cokehead and royal screw up still alive.

One a small child died in a car accident age 1.

One a fashion designer who married a surgeon and business executive.

So 1 really good one, 1 decent one, 1 screw up and 1 tragically incomplete.

If Hunter was the only son Biden had I'd be questioning it. But he also had Beau and Ashley. One of the things I've come to realize is that I think no matter how good you do and how hard you try some people grow up and do shitty things. Because if it was just parenting all of Biden's kids should have turned out like that.
I think all of Trump’s kids (so far) have been successful human beings.

I don’t have any issues with him. I understand his passion for gun control, especially after what he and his friends experienced. I think the harshest criticism I’ve leveled against him was that there was a point where he was close to transitioning from “guy who’s trying to effect positive change in society” to “guy who really enjoys the spotlight.”
I completely agree with your last sentence. There was also an early interview where it seemed like his "live response" was redone to get it right.

Reactions: TJ8869
The vitriol served up to the trump crime family. He is officially a member.

I don’t think anyone is going to do much. But he’s now fair game. For questioning, criticism, etc. I think he can and should be asked about supporting his Dad as well as his Dad’s foibles.

He wasn’t fair game until he both became an adult and jumped into politics.

Those are the rules.

You think he’s off limits because he’s only 18 or because he’s only one of 6300?
Barron isn’t obligated to answer any questions.

LOL, what 18 year old looks forward to going to Milwaukee for 4 days in order to be a delegate?
Most wouldn’t, but a lot of kids his age are interested in politics. I think a lot of these pro-Palestinian protestors on college campuses would jump at the chance to be a delegate.

18-year-old me would have thought it would be pretty cool. 54-year-old me has little patience for crowds and would have no interest in being a delegate.

If Biden got the age of one of his kids wrong there'd be three threads on it.
For a guy with one of the best brains ever, Trump sure does seem to get confused a lot.
Correct. And we all know how stupid it is to criticize either of them for this. I’ll bet I’ve messed up one of my kid’s age multiple time over the last 20+ years. Now add 25 more years to my age and I doubt I can get any of the three boys’ ages correct on the first try.

Reactions: nelly02
Correct. And we all know how stupid it is to criticize either of them for this. I’ll bet I’ve messed up one of my kid’s age multiple time over the last 20+ years. Now add 25 more years to my age and I doubt I can get any of the three boys’ ages correct on the first try.
Well, plus you do a lot of drugs, apparently.
I criticize Trump for being an absentee parent and showing them off as props only when needed, or convenient alibis.

Reactions: LuteHawk
Well, plus you do a lot of drugs, apparently.
I criticize Trump for being an absentee parent and showing them off as props only when needed, or convenient alibis.
Smoke weed every night and occasionally alcohol.

I can think of a million other things to criticize Trump about. Just saying it’s not all that uncommon to be off on your kid’s age by a year. Especially shortly after their birthday. I’m actually surprised he was within a year of his actual age.

Smoke weed every night and occasionally alcohol.

I can think of a million other things to criticize Trump about. Just saying it’s not all that uncommon to be off on your kid’s age by a year. Especially shortly after their birthday. I’m actually surprised he was within a year of his actual age.
Sure. I’m saying he sucks as a parent for dozens of reasons, and this is an example. He clearly wanted to trot his kid out as a prop, but #3 said no. Not knowing his age goes to an overall pattern of being a terrible, uninvolved, absentee parent.

Sure. I’m saying he sucks as a parent for dozens of reasons, and this is an example. He clearly wanted to trot his kid out as a prop, but #3 said no. Not knowing his age goes to an overall pattern of being a terrible, uninvolved, absentee parent.
I have zero doubt that Trump is a terrible, uninvolved, absentee parent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT