ADVERTISEMENT

Be prepared for jets of urine from cicadas this Summer

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Yep one large timber of hundreds of acres is right behind my house.
That's not bad! I have a large stormwater run-off creek / green space behind mine. It's good for some cool birds and coyotes. You probably get cooler animals - my place in Virginia had deer and foxes and occasionally bear, but not here at the new place.

That's not bad! I have a large stormwater run-off creek / green space behind mine. It's good for some cool birds and coyotes. You probably get cooler animals - my place in Virginia had deer and foxes and occasionally bear, but not here at the new place.
A ton of deer, turkeys and coons. Had a turkey just the other day wondering up around the house in the landscaping, not sure what was going on there. Can hear coyotes often but I have never seen one.
I’m actually getting sick of the deer and coons. They eat (destroy) all our plants.

A ton of deer, turkeys and coons. Had a turkey just the other day wondering up around the house in the landscaping, not sure what was going on there. Can hear coyotes often but I have never seen one.
I’m actually getting sick of the deer and coons. They eat (destroy) all our plants.
I went the other way when we lived up in VA. I set up a trail cam and put out feed corn so I could get pictures of all the animals that came out at night. I never did get a picture of a bear, but we saw most everything else out there.

Reactions: Pinehawk
I went the other way when we lived up in VA. I set up a trail cam and put out feed corn so I could get pictures of all the animals that came out at night. I never did get a picture of a bear, but we saw most everything else out there.
Did that last summer and saw a pack of three coyotes come a lot closer to the house than I would have otherwise expected.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Did that last summer and saw a pack of three coyotes come a lot closer to the house than I would have otherwise expected.
That would be pretty cool - albeit slightly concerning if you have outdoor pets, chickens, etc.

We didn't get anything surprising. A LOT of activity, but all "normal" animals: deer, foxes, raccoons, possums. The initial reason for setting up the camera was because we'd had a bear stop by and bend our iron bird feeder hook in half trying to get to the bird food in there. (We were pretty certain it had to be a bear because there wasn't anything else in the area that could've done that). We have neighbors get pictures of bears, but we never did.

Reactions: Pinehawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT