ADVERTISEMENT

Before and after pics of WH Rose Garden remodel

They were crab apples.

I think Trump is amongst the worst things to happen to this country in my lifetime. However, the people losing their sh*t over this Garden are only proving out the “Trump Derangement Syndrome” claims.
I was just wondering if there was a good reason to remove them? Were they dying or diseased? Or just wanted to rip something out that has been there for 50 years?

I was just wondering if there was a good reason to remove them? Were they dying or diseased? Or just wanted to rip something out that has been there for 50 years?

I imagine there was not a good reason to remove them. It’s much like the Trump trade agreements in that way.

I saw people making the claim on Twitter that they cut down a cherry tree. I was kind of bummed to find out crab Apple and that was the only reason I quoted your post.

Reactions: millah_22
They were crab apples.

I think Trump is amongst the worst things to happen to this country in my lifetime. However, the people losing their sh*t over this Garden are only proving out the “Trump Derangement Syndrome” claims.

It’s just another silly thing that shows a lack of awareness of who they are. It shouldn’t change anyone’s vote. It is humorous to me that these people are re-doing Jackie Kennedy’s designs.

12-ZL4-trump-bling-1-1152x759.jpg

Last edited:
They were crab apples.

Losing what? This looks ****ing horrendous and I'm not losing anything, it is a joke and a perfect summary of this shit show.

They were crab apples.

I'd like to see a few examples of this.

The post immediately after yours referenced a tweet that called it a cemetery and the lady was upset they moved the trees....

Just search “garden” on twitter. Plenty of high profile folks all upset about some plants.

There's still a lot of people out there that love drama. Maybe that's why we find ourselves where we are?

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
I think comparing it to a cemetery is very accurate. It's a good metaphor for where they are taking this country as well. It certainly fits in with Melanie's apparent stylist theme of "Blade Runner Dystopian".

Reactions: Joes Place
Jesus H., it’s shit like this that makes me look like I’m defending Trump, but....

1.) Crab apple trees are shit. Not to mention ones that are nearly 60 years old. They’re messy, susceptible to a wide range of diseases (especially in the Mid-Atlantic), and are a horrible landscaping plant for all but the 2-3 weeks they’re in bloom.

2.) The “side by side” pictures are a joke. This landscaping was JUST put in. It will take a few years for it to really look nice. Year one, it sleeps, year two it creeps, year three it leaps. Not to mention that none of the new stuff is in full bloom, while I’m certain the “old” stuff was photographed at its peak aesthetically.

3.) I like the look. It’s kind of a Roman structured style. Fits with the architecture of the White House.

4.) IT CAN BE CHANGED. Just like every First Lady puts her personal touch on the interior of the WH, so can the outdoors be changed.

5.) Some of you need to get laid. But get the sand out of your vaginas first. Most of you don’t know shit about landscaping so calm the eff down. God, it’s so annoying.

Still too busy. I can’t stand a bunch of muff along a foundation. Keep it clean with some low profile stuff with color. No boxwoods, they are hideous.

Jesus H., it’s shit like this that makes me look like I’m defending Trump, but....

1.) Crab apple trees are shit. Not to mention ones that are nearly 60 years old. They’re messy, susceptible to a wide range of diseases (especially in the Mid-Atlantic), and are a horrible landscaping plant for all but the 2-3 weeks they’re in bloom.

2.) The “side by side” pictures are a joke. This landscaping was JUST put in. It will take a few years for it to really look nice. Year one, it sleeps, year two it creeps, year three it leaps. Not to mention that none of the new stuff is in full bloom, while I’m certain the “old” stuff was photographed at its peak aesthetically.

3.) I like the look. It’s kind of a Roman structured style. Fits with the architecture of the White House.

4.) IT CAN BE CHANGED. Just like every First Lady puts her personal touch on the interior of the WH, so can the outdoors be changed.

5.) Some of you need to get laid. But get the sand out of your vaginas first. Most of you don’t know shit about landscaping so calm the eff down. God, it’s so annoying.

So, you're telling me the shitty looking sidewalk will look better in 3 years?
That's a relief!!!

(TBH....my guess is the sidewalk was an ADA updgrade, and required)

It does look like a cemetery
Here’s another before picture from a not pristine time of year, minus the fake statue that was shown earlier. It doesn’t look all that amazing here. With the remodel the sidewalk was added and trees removed. Not much major otherwise. A lot of hubbub over a part of this country that non of us will ever get to see in person. You don’t get to even see it out of a window during the White House tour as you never make it far enough into the state dining room to take a peek.

merlin_174981885_c3914283-3681-4824-b35a-44ab97b97990-superJumbo.jpg

I’m sure a lot of people are complaining because it is Trump and others because those were Jackie’s trees. But just remember, Jackie changed the garden from what some previous First Lady had done. And a Trump is a horrible person already, you don’t need to complain about this too when there are so many other important things. Did people complain when Truman had the entire White House gutted down to the stones and dirt and modernized because that is the house that George Washington intended for the president when planning the city?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT