ADVERTISEMENT

Best appetizers for game day?

Baked brie is another really easy one that is a hit, as long as there's enough people to eat it all while it's still warm. Get some good bread and crackers obviously.

Good thread OP there's way too damn many political threads and this time of year is great for gameday parties and apps!

I'm always a fan of throwing some rotel queso (whatever recipe you like) and some buffalo chicken dip on the smoker for a bit.

These were also a hit the last time I made them for some people and very easy to do.

Bacon-Wrapped-Jalapeno-Poppers-Recipe-1.jpg

True, but not too much. Stuff em, wrap em and grill em
Easy would be totinos pizza rolls😉
Agree with you there. We make our own a couple times a summer when our jalapenos come in. The best I have ever had though were premade ones from Von Hanson's. Not sure if that is just a MN shop; but they have fantastic butcher that has a deli in some and a lot of premade apps when one doesn't feel like making their own.

Dill dip

16oz sour cream
1/2 c mayo
1 Tbsp fresh grated onion
1/4 c dill weed
1 tsp seasoning salt

amounts are approximate, I go by sight and personal taste. Fantastic for pretzels, chips, vegetables

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Had never heard of these; but they sound amazing. Checks the box for just about all my favorite game day ingredients.
The Meat Church video recipe is the one I've always used and they turn out great. The 4+ hours spent in refrigerator Ito soften them up I think is key which some recipes don't really call for

Apparently I am hosting Sunday.

Give me your best dish for game day. Already making wings.

Anything else? Bueller?

Make it easy. If it involves dry brining a heritage chicken, I will cut you.
Cream cheese mixed with dry pack of Italian seasoning. Spread on those little Jewish rye squares. Slice a cucumber very thin and put a slice on each piece of bread. Then sprinkle dried dill weed on top. This is close:

Last edited:
Some of my favorites:
Wrapped pickles (I don't know what you call them in Iowa, pickles with cream cheese and beef)
Velveta, sausage, Rotel queso dip
Guacamole
Jalapeño poppers - my version - halve jalapeños, chicken piece, then onion peel, wrapped in bacon.
Throw some kielbasa and salami on the smoker for a few minutes. Slice and season with Memphis rub.
Cream cheese and mufalatta olive spread

Crystals sliders (I got this recipe from the LR years ago)

1lb ground meat
1pack onion soup mix
1cup bread crumbs
1 egg
Salt/pepper and shit

Mix, roll into like a 8x12 shape on cooking sheet
400 degrees 10-12 min.

Slice with pizza slicer and place on slider roll/bun of choice
Add pickles/mustard as wanted

Best appetizer dip you will ever have:

1 can rotel tomatoes
1 block of cream cheese
8 oz sour cream
1 pound of cooked Jimmy dean breakfast sausage

Mix it all in a crock pot and eat with Tostitos.

This dip will change your game day food prep for the rest of your life.

Mine is Old Folks for the sausage brand (Hy Vee or Fareway will have it), then another block of cream cheese instead of sour cream. But yeah, This Is The Way.

And oh yeah, YELLOW corn chips.

Absolutely better than the Velveeta version.

Get a rotisserie chicken, smoked if available, and make some chicken salad. Don’t be that person that puts grapes in it. Add some toasted almonds to the chicken salad. Maybe some banana peppers.
Take some wonton wrappers and bake them in a mini muffin tin to form little cups. Put a dollop of chicken salad in each cup. These do hold pretty well in the refrigerator if you want to do these ahead of time. Not Ami much overnight, but certainly will be fine if prepped a few hours early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT