ADVERTISEMENT

Biden’s Advice To Curb Police Killings: ‘Shoot ’Em In The Leg Instead Of The Heart’

And like I would tell my toddler, those are your two choices, now either pick one or go to bed without supper.

Not sure how adults can’t process this, but here it is.
You have got to be the biggest moron on these boards. Votes are earned and are a privilege to receive you nitwit. Neither of these dipshits have earned anything so they are not receiving anything.
Sorry to inform you; but you don't get to tell me what my choices are. That's the great thing about the U.S., I can vote for whomever I want and I can also tell you to go fvck yourself and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. God I feel sorry for your toddler, it will suck getting raised by a member of the flock.

Biden tells police to shoot them in the leg. Trump tells them to rough them up.

if Trump said what Biden said you’d be screaming about how he wants to shoot more black people.

Man, I’m sorry to tell you this but you’re totally lost with the Trump 2024 thing as well.

if Trump said what Biden said you’d be screaming about how he wants to shoot more black people.

Given the context in which he talked about it I'm pretty sure my criticism would have been the same as it is with Biden. Stop telling professionals how to do their jobs.

Man, I’m sorry to tell you this but you’re totally lost with the Trump 2024 thing as well.

I hope so, but I don't discount the possibility. Trump has a hold on a good amount of the Republican base. I am not sure that hold simply goes away if he loses. And he can likely keep that hold by making sure to be on their radios and TV screens constantly for 4 years.

Maybe Trump doesn't win if only 1 or 2 other major names run for the nomination. But if you get 20 major names again, Trump's the immediate front runner.

You have got to be the biggest moron on these boards. Votes are earned and are a privilege to receive you nitwit. Neither of these dipshits have earned anything so they are not receiving anything.
Sorry to inform you; but you don't get to tell me what my choices are. That's the great thing about the U.S., I can vote for whomever I want and I can also tell you to go fvck yourself and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. God I feel sorry for your toddler, it will suck getting raised by a member of the flock.
Yep, it's America. You are totally free to shoot yourself in the dick if that's what you prefer. Not recommended but go for it.

Bravo!

Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
Given the context in which he talked about it I'm pretty sure my criticism would have been the same as it is with Biden. Stop telling professionals how to do their jobs.

Good that your criticism would go that way. You would have to agree that wouldn’t be the ABC, CNN, major media response.

Votes are earned and are a privilege to receive... Neither of these ... have earned anything so they are not receiving anything.

Sorry to inform you; but you don't get to tell me what my choices are.

I strongly agree.

If the cop was any good, he could just shoot the gun or knife out of the perps hand. What kind of training do we have in this country?

Yeah, the Trump 2024 thing is insane. Never would happen.

And like I would tell my toddler, those are your two choices, now either pick one or go to bed without supper.

Not sure how adults can’t process this, but here it is.
Are you offering your toddler arsenic and cyanide before bed? Bc that's what we're being offered. The 90-100 million that vote in presidential elections need to demand better. Or stay home.

Are you offering your toddler arsenic and cyanide before bed?

Oh STFU. Are you a pouting teenager?

The choices are a country on fire descending into dictatorship or a boring turkey sandwich. That you think you're making a point with this "they're both the same" nonsense says everything about your intelligence and mentality. Newsflash: Superman isn't running for president. Adults don't always have a super fun option. Adult decisions are usually go to work or stay home and don't get paid. This is that decision, but even easier. Want-of-bee dictator or boring, usual politician. I worked on Bernie's campaign and gave him and Tulsi Gabbard plenty of money in the early stage. But I can see that now my duty to my country is get rid of Trump at any cost. Punt here, get back to normal and back your dream candidate in 2024.

Had old Joe stayed with the intent of his speech instead of wandering into details he doesn't understand, he would have been fine. He's correct about the need for police to be better trained, and have more situational sensitivity. They are mostly trained on how to project authority because there's a belief that's what is required in most situations.

There's a belief in a lot of professions that being professional means being stern, matter of fact, and unemotional. I reject that notion. I'm a consultant, and often interact with C level people at my clients, especially CIO's and CFO's. Technology people and Accounting / Finance people. I'm happy by nature, and don't find projecting that happiness to others. I've learned that it puts them at ease. I can be very direct with my comments, because the people are at ease.

Every now and then we'll see a video of a cop who has a sense of humor interacting with someone, perhaps writing a ticket. The person getting the ticket appreciates the cop, even as they are getting a ticket. We see that video, and every single person smiles and says, "Yeah! That's awesome! That's how it should be done!".

But why isn't that the norm?

A lot of people believe authority has to be established early in an interaction. Perhaps, but that doesn't have to happen by being a jerk. It can happen by simply being confident.

Oh... Joe is mistaken. If you are going to shoot someone, it needs to be at body mass. A firearm is a very efficient tool, and should be used as such. If there's time, there are other, non-lethal tools that can be used.

Had old Joe stayed with the intent of his speech instead of wandering into details he doesn't understand, he would have been fine. He's correct about the need for police to be better trained, and have more situational sensitivity. They are mostly trained on how to project authority because there's a belief that's what is required in most situations.

There's a belief in a lot of professions that being professional means being stern, matter of fact, and unemotional. I reject that notion. I'm a consultant, and often interact with C level people at my clients, especially CIO's and CFO's. Technology people and Accounting / Finance people. I'm happy by nature, and don't find projecting that happiness to others. I've learned that it puts them at ease. I can be very direct with my comments, because the people are at ease.

Every now and then we'll see a video of a cop who has a sense of humor interacting with someone, perhaps writing a ticket. The person getting the ticket appreciates the cop, even as they are getting a ticket. We see that video, and every single person smiles and says, "Yeah! That's awesome! That's how it should be done!".

A lot of people believe authority has to be established early in an interaction. Perhaps, but that doesn't have to happen by being a jerk. It can happen by simply being confident.

Oh... Joe is mistaken. If you are going to shoot someone, it needs to be at body mass. A firearm is a very efficient tool, and should be used as such. If there's time, there are other, non-lethal tools that can be used.

"Every now and then we'll see a video of a cop who has a sense of humor interacting with someone, perhaps writing a ticket. The person getting the ticket appreciates the cop, even as they are getting a ticket. We see that video, and every single person smiles and says, "Yeah! That's awesome! That's how it should be done!"."

You need to ask police how often the person getting the ticket is going to respond that way. "Gee, you were so nice and funny I won't complain at all about this ticket"
Some fun stories are out there "what do you f*ckin mean you are giving me a warning" "sir you were 11 over the limit" " I will have your job, you work for me"
"Sir you don't need to worry about getting a warning" "that's what I thought" "here is your ticket for 11 over"
And that is one of the nicer responses. If people were accountable for their actions, realize that they were indeed breaking the law and not such jackwagons maybe police could be that way.
Do you know how many times the police will now hear "I can't breathe" while handcuffing someone? It may replace "I am innocent" or "I didn't do it" as the most common things they hear.

"Every now and then we'll see a video of a cop who has a sense of humor interacting with someone, perhaps writing a ticket. The person getting the ticket appreciates the cop, even as they are getting a ticket. We see that video, and every single person smiles and says, "Yeah! That's awesome! That's how it should be done!"."

You need to ask police how often the person getting the ticket is going to respond that way. "Gee, you were so nice and funny I won't complain at all about this ticket"
Some fun stories are out there "what do you f*ckin mean you are giving me a warning" "sir you were 11 over the limit" " I will have your job, you work for me"
"Sir you don't need to worry about getting a warning" "that's what I thought" "here is your ticket for 11 over"
And that is one of the nicer responses. If people were accountable for their actions, realize that they were indeed breaking the law and not such jackwagons maybe police could be that way.
Do you know how many times the police will now hear "I can't breathe" while handcuffing someone? It may replace "I am innocent" or "I didn't do it" as the most common things they hear.

I guess I struck a nerve. Sorry about that.

I'm pretty sure it's not formal training, but let's look at the other side. That's the side where police will start screaming, "stop resisting, stop resisting!" as they are beating someone who's completely passive.

Oh STFU. Are you a pouting teenager?

The choices are a country on fire descending into dictatorship or a boring turkey sandwich. That you think you're making a point with this "they're both the same" nonsense says everything about your intelligence and mentality. Newsflash: Superman isn't running for president. Adults don't always have a super fun option. Adult decisions are usually go to work or stay home and don't get paid. This is that decision, but even easier. Want-of-bee dictator or boring, usual politician. I worked on Bernie's campaign and gave him and Tulsi Gabbard plenty of money in the early stage. But I can see that now my duty to my country is get rid of Trump at any cost. Punt here, get back to normal and back your dream candidate in 2024.
And this is why we keep getting fed shit sandwiches ladies and gents... bc the establishment knows millions will fall in line regardless of what they do, say or present as options. As a Bernie supporter you of all people should be mad as hell. The deck's been stacked against him twice and all his supporters have been played. But yeah, I'm the teenager.

I guess I struck a nerve. Sorry about that.

I'm pretty sure it's not formal training, but let's look at the other side. That's the side where police will start screaming, "stop resisting, stop resisting!" as they are beating someone who's completely passive.

Completely agree with that. I always thought that people should be required to bale hay/detassel, work retail/restaurant and volunteer before joining the 'real world. I always thought that was enough, people would realize how to treat others. I may have to add 'do a ride along with traffic cops and the overnight shift' to see what they experience. 'do you know who I am?' 'is this all you have to do pig?' the list is endless. People aren't accountable for their actions and then expect close to perfection in every encounter.

Completely agree with that. I always thought that people should be required to bale hay/detassel, work retail/restaurant and volunteer before joining the 'real world. I always thought that was enough, people would realize how to treat others. I may have to add 'do a ride along with traffic cops and the overnight shift' to see what they experience. 'do you know who I am?' 'is this all you have to do pig?' the list is endless. People aren't accountable for their actions and then expect close to perfection in every encounter.

Nearly every encounter with law enforcement is initiated by law enforcement. They have the ability to set the tone for how it goes.

As a Bernie supporter you of all people should be mad as hell... But yeah, I'm the teenager.

Whether or not I’m mad as hell doesn’t make one bit of difference. No one cares. I can put my big boy pants on and do the right thing. America can take 4 years of Joe Biden. It CANNOT take four more years of Trump. So you can be a pissy teenager or you can do the responsible thing and mobilize for the candidate you’re in love with on Wednesday November 4th. I’ll be right there with ya.

Nearly every encounter with law enforcement is initiated by law enforcement. They have the ability to set the tone for how it goes.

Correction, nearly every encounter with law enforcement is initiated by the action/inaction of the person the leo is contacting. The last interaction I have had with LEO while driving? When I had a broken headlight. Prior to that? When i got a speeding ticket 24 years ago. I control the tone, my actions. Don't do stupid sh*t and I don't have to worry about whether they tell me a joke or be mean to me while addressing me.

Correction, nearly every encounter with law enforcement is initiated by the action/inaction of the person the leo is contacting. The last interaction I have had with LEO while driving? When I had a broken headlight. Prior to that? When i got a speeding ticket 24 years ago. I control the tone, my actions. Don't do stupid sh*t and I don't have to worry about whether they tell me a joke or be mean to me while addressing me.

No, I stand by what I said. The interaction is initiated by the LEO. That's the undeniable truth. If I have a broken tail light, or I was speeding, that's a reason for the interaction, but the interaction itself is still initiated by the LEO.

We'll never agree on this point. Your mind is made up. It's up to the citizens to not say or do stupid stuff. You are completely ignoring how most people feel when they are stopped by a LEO, on the road, or walking on the street.

Whether or not I’m mad as hell doesn’t make one bit of difference. No one cares. I can put my big boy pants on and do the right thing. America can take 4 years of Joe Biden. It CANNOT take four more years of Trump. So you can be a pissy teenager or you can do the responsible thing and mobilize for the candidate you’re in love with on Wednesday November 4th. I’ll be right there with ya.
Voting for Biden isnt doing the right thing. It's doing the easy thing your party rulers expect of you. The country will be no better off as a result and deep down anyone not totally brainwashed at this point knows it.
Best of luck.

Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
In a country of 300m people a little of 1000 people were shot by police in 2019. Somewhere around 20 percent of those were black. Between 40-50 percent were white.

I don't think we have a violent police problem like the media is selling right now. We have an issue on what to do when the police act in a way that they should not including officer shootings. What is the investigative process and how are police that act badly or illegally handled on a national level. If a police officer is fired for cause in one precinct what is being done to ensure he or she doesn't simply move a town over and get hired as a police officer there? We have licences for hairdressers that can be denied but not for police officers?

The police for the most part do a good job. How do we help with their mental health needs so they don't simply become cynics that see everyone as a criminal

The shootings narrative is being oversold

Voting for Biden isnt doing the right thing. It's doing the easy thing your party rulers expect of you. The country will be no better off as a result and deep down anyone not totally brainwashed at this point knows it.
Best of luck.
Dealing with the brainwashed herd is a waste of your time.

Reactions: Mattski
No, I stand by what I said. The interaction is initiated by the LEO. That's the undeniable truth. If I have a broken tail light, or I was speeding, that's a reason for the interaction, but the interaction itself is still initiated by the LEO.

We'll never agree on this point. Your mind is made up. It's up to the citizens to not say or do stupid stuff. You are completely ignoring how most people feel when they are stopped by a LEO, on the road, or walking on the street.

We can debate semantics all day if you want. If you don't have a broken tail light there is no interaction, if you aren't speeding there is no interaction. On the street if you aren't doing something illegal or dangerous you will probably have an interaction initiated by LEO featuring a 'Hello'

For reference
Definition of initiate
to cause or facilitate the beginning of : set going

So the undeniable truth is the action initiates the interaction. Argue with Webster, it's their definition, not mine.

We can debate semantics all day if you want. If you don't have a broken tail light there is no interaction, if you aren't speeding there is no interaction. On the street if you aren't doing something illegal or dangerous you will probably have an interaction initiated by LEO featuring a 'Hello'

For reference
Definition of initiate
to cause or facilitate the beginning of : set going

So the undeniable truth is the action initiates the interaction. Argue with Webster, it's their definition, not mine.

It's not semantics, and there's no need to debate.

You are clearly angry.

You apparently don't get out much. Lots of people get hassled by LEO's every single hour of every single day for no good reason.

By your own definition of initiating the INTERACTION, the LEO is doing that. People speed and drive with a broken light all the time, right in front of LEOs, and yet there's no INTERACTION.

Best of luck.
Yep, putting people like Biden in is what got us Trump. The levers of Power will be pulled behind the scenes and everyone will be pissed, but at who?

Reactions: Mattski
It's not semantics, and there's no need to debate.

You are clearly angry.

You apparently don't get out much. Lots of people get hassled by LEO's every single hour of every single day for no good reason.

By your own definition of initiating the INTERACTION, the LEO is doing that. People speed and drive with a broken light all the time, right in front of LEOs, and yet there's no INTERACTION.

Not sure where you can assign a feeling to me. Angry? Not even close.
Don't get out much? You would probably be pretty far off on that one as well.
I do enjoy sweeping vagaries, Lots of people get hassled by LEO's every single hour of every single day for no good reason. Gee, if that was the case then there must be a very high percentage of interactions that occur for a legitimate reason and occur without incident. Try looking up those statistics. They might be interesting.

As far as your last paragraph....not sure how it applies. If there is no interaction there is no initiating it. The interaction has to occur in order for it to be initiated and guess what.....the speeding, broken light, drunk driving, etc is what initiates it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT