ADVERTISEMENT

Biden apologizes for lynching comment

SillFontaine

HR All-State
Aug 19, 2019
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden apologized Tuesday for a comment he made suggesting that the impending impeachment proceedings against then-President Bill Clinton could be seen as a "partisan lynching." His comments came after President Trump was widely denounced for likening his own impeachment inquiry to a "lynching" on Tuesday morning.

Biden wasn't alone in referring to Clinton's impeachment proceedings as a lynching in 1998, according to The Washington Post. The Post identified at least five other lawmakers — representatives Danny K. Davis, Gregory W. Meeks, Jim McDermott, Charles B. Rangel, and Jerrold Nadler — who also compared the Clinton proceedings to a "lynching," or referred to Clinton's opponents as a "lynch mob."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...n-lynching-comment/ar-AAJcPrX?ocid=spartandhp

I do agree with the right that the left is going over the top in it's reaction to Trump using the word lynching.

This is unfortunately part of the left's game that I wish they would stop. Find some word that a right winger used that you could link back to our shameful racial history and throw a fit and pretend like it's racist to use the word that way. The right naturally responds by going and finding times in the past where left wingers used that word in the same context. Then the lefty that used that word is forced to run out and apologize just so they can justify their previous criticism.

It's ridiculous that something Biden said 21 years ago is just now deemed offensive because people wanted to make something Trump said more offensive than it was.

Why do you even have to look and stretch for offensive stuff from Trump. It's not like it's hard to find. The man just called right wingers who don't support him "Human scum".

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden apologized Tuesday for a comment he made suggesting that the impending impeachment proceedings against then-President Bill Clinton could be seen as a "partisan lynching." His comments came after President Trump was widely denounced for likening his own impeachment inquiry to a "lynching" on Tuesday morning.

Biden wasn't alone in referring to Clinton's impeachment proceedings as a lynching in 1998, according to The Washington Post. The Post identified at least five other lawmakers — representatives Danny K. Davis, Gregory W. Meeks, Jim McDermott, Charles B. Rangel, and Jerrold Nadler — who also compared the Clinton proceedings to a "lynching," or referred to Clinton's opponents as a "lynch mob."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...n-lynching-comment/ar-AAJcPrX?ocid=spartandhp
This is what leadership looks like. If a mistake was made, acknowledge it, learn from it, and move on.

This is what leadership looks like. If a mistake was made, acknowledge it, learn from it, and move on.

No, claim you didn’t do it, throw a fit, blame the media, claim you are the target of a conspiracy, troll the libs, claim the other side has done the same or worse, then admit that you did it perfectly, then deny you admitted it, and, finally, admit you did it, but did so publicly so it couldn’t be wrong.

I would agree with that comment but it wasn't a mistake, it was something that he had to apologize for just so the left could justify their over the top criticism of Trump's use of the word "lynching" in his tweet.

No one ever flagged this comment as offensive until Trump tried to use it in the same context.

It's silly, especially when Trump provides so much other ammo to work with. Again he called right wingers who don't support his administration "Human Scum".

Why even pay any mind to his constant wails that he is being repressed.

I would agree with that comment but it wasn't a mistake, it was something that he had to apologize for just so the left could justify their over the top criticism of Trump's use of the word "lynching" in his tweet.

No one ever flagged this comment as offensive until Trump tried to use it in the same context.

It's silly, especially when Trump provides so much other ammo to work with. Again he called right wingers who don't support his administration "Human Scum".

Why even pay any mind to his constant wails that he is being repressed.

Biden has given thousands of speeches in his career. Think about that.

It was highlighted. Biden acknowledged it.

This is a good thing. It's called leadership. I agree libs go too far with the PC police, but I think you're being a little overly cynical here.

Reactions: goldmom
Biden has given thousands of speeches in his career. Think about that.

It was highlighted. Biden acknowledged it.

This is a good thing. It's called leadership. I agree libs go too far with the PC police, but I think you're being a little overly cynical here.

The problem is that no one flagged his use of that word as offensive until Trump used it in the same context. The day before Trump used it anyone could have used it in that context and few would have raised their eyes.

This isn't a issue of the rules changing over the years to better fit sensitivity and understanding of the past. This is an issue of the rules being changed the moment Trump used the world.

Can you find strong evidence that this word was widely considered offensive in this context before Trump used it? Unfair use of the justice system against someone has often been referred to as a lynching. While I certainly disagree with Trump that any of this is unfair, but lynching has been used repeatedly in that context and no one had a problem with it until Trump.

I detest Trump and he needs to be out of office but I'm sorry the left did what they do often and changed the rules on right wingers. When they where called out on it by pointing out Biden and other's previous use of the word, Biden has to go out there and apologize for a comment he made 21 years ago that wasn't flagged as offensive until just a few days ago in order to justify the rule change.

Conversational rule changes are a good thing and they need to happen. I agree with the left on that. But these rule changes should not go into effect the moment a right winger decides to use it.

Last edited:
Hahaha. You're the best. Liberal policies actually can be directly linked as the cause in just about every shithole town, county, state, and country universally.
Didn't realize you were a liberal. BTW, I understand that your lightbulb burnt out a long time ago, but there is a big difference between conservative and fascist, not that you care.

When's the last time President Bone Spurs apologized or took ownership of anything?

Oh, that's right. He's a petulant brat and a whiny little bitch. Nevermind.
the-buck-stops-here1.jpg

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I went back and looked, and in 2011 he did not apologize, but only admitted Obama was born in the US.
I didn’t realize he had even done that. I thought he just sort of quietly let it go.

Biden should post an online list of all the things he's sorry for having said or done,.. He can then update it weekly with new apologies as the newly woke Democrat party rediscovers his lengthy political career....

No, this is what covering your ass looks like. Biden would never have apologized had Trump not said what he said. It would have never been mentioned again. The Democrats can’t be outraged at Trump’s choice of words unless Biden comes out and admits fault.

No, this is what covering your ass looks like. Biden would never have apologized had Trump not said what he said. It would have never been mentioned again. The Democrats can’t be outraged at Trump’s choice of words unless Biden comes out and admits fault.

Now we're all waiting for trump to apologize. When do you thing hell will freeze over, anytime soon?

Now we're all waiting for trump to apologize. When do you thing hell will freeze over, anytime soon?
There is no reason for Trump to apologize. The only reason Biden did it was so the rest of the Democrats could pretend to be outraged and throw this hissy fit.

The problem is that no one flagged his use of that word as offensive until Trump used it in the same context. The day before Trump used it anyone could have used it in that context and few would have raised their eyes.

This isn't a issue of the rules changing over the years to better fit sensitivity and understanding of the past. This is an issue of the rules being changed the moment Trump used the world.

Can you find strong evidence that this word was widely considered offensive in this context before Trump used it? Unfair use of the justice system against someone has often been referred to as a lynching. While I certainly disagree with Trump that any of this is unfair, but lynching has been used repeatedly in that context and no one had a problem with it until Trump.

I detest Trump and he needs to be out of office but I'm sorry the left did what they do often and changed the rules on right wingers. When they where called out on it by pointing out Biden and other's previous use of the word, Biden has to go out there and apologize for a comment he made 21 years ago that wasn't flagged as offensive until just a few days ago in order to justify the rule change.

Conversational rule changes are a good thing and they need to happen. I agree with the left on that. But these rule changes should not go into effect the moment a right winger decides to use it.

I understand what you're saying. And I agree with it. The left is just as hypocritical as the right.

Biden still did the right thing.

Unfolded more like this...

1. Trump makes lynching comment.
2. Woke Democrats are outraged.
3. Biden, not to be out-woke, also expresses outrage.
4. Right wing media reminds Biden of his own past lynching comments.
5. Woke Democrats are like, WTF Joe?
6. Biden apologizes.
7. Outrage is over.

There is no reason for Trump to apologize. The only reason Biden did it was so the rest of the Democrats could pretend to be outraged and throw this hissy fit.

If you don't understand what trump did and said and do no believe he should apologize, then there isn't much anyone can do to help you.

maybe in 20 years Trump will apologise

If you don't understand what trump did and said and do no believe he should apologize, then there isn't much anyone can do to help you.
No one owns the word "lynching." And no ethnic group was the exclusive victim of lynching. Whites, Asians, Italians, Irish, Mexicans, Blacks, you name it, someone hated them and someone lynched them.
No one was offended when Biden said it so forgive me for not buying the outrage because Trump said it. And if you ask me, the "put you all back in chains" comment was far, far worse. So was when he called Obama "clean and articulate."

No, claim you didn’t do it, throw a fit, blame the media, claim you are the target of a conspiracy, troll the libs, claim the other side has done the same or worse, then admit that you did it perfectly, then deny you admitted it, and, finally, admit you did it, but did so publicly so it couldn’t be wrong.

No...this is what the perpetual professional victim class foisted upon us.

How many apologies to the left is this for Joe Biden during this campaign now? 8 or 9? Seriously. That’s how often he’s had to apologize for being alive longer than these little crybabies who can’t handle the way things used to be. So, they want everyone to apologize and do penance for completely normal shit that these ass holes weren’t around to bitch about then.

Why did it take decades for Biden to do the right thing?

Idiotic Democrats.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Why did it take decades for Biden to do the right thing?

Idiotic Democrats.

So, you’re saying Trump needs to apologize. If Biden “did the right thing” by apologizing for using the word “Lynching”, then you must think Trump needs to apologize for using it, right? So, why hasn’t Trump done the right thing, yet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT