ADVERTISEMENT

Biden may get some help from Republicans against Trump

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
Trump is simply unelectable in a general. The undecideds in these Trump v Biden polls aren't gonna swing Trumps way. Presidential elections are decided by a few percentage pts....the math simply isn't there for the man with the hardest ceiling in the history of ceilings.

President Biden’s reelection bid may be getting some help from an unlikely source: Republicans.

A slow drip of Republicans and former Trump administration officials are outright saying they would vote for Biden over former President Trump in a general election rematch, citing their belief that Trump poses a risk to U.S. democracy.

“While I’ve never voted for a Democrat a day in my life, I would support Biden over Trump if he becomes the GOP nominee. I won’t support someone who refused to participate in a peaceful transfer of power, tried to overthrow a free and fair election, and incited a mob to attack the U.S. Capitol,” Sarah Matthews, a former press aide on Trump’s 2020 campaign and in the Trump White House who resigned on Jan. 6, 2021, told The Hill.

Recent polling also showed a swath of former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley supporters in the Iowa caucuses would back Biden over Trump in a general election.

The willingness of some Republicans to cross party lines hints at what may become a key factor in November: If Trump-skeptical Republicans can swallow their concerns and back the former president, or if they vote for Biden and bolster his coalition in what will likely be a close race.

A Decision Desk HQ average of national polling shows the former president leading Biden by roughly 1 percentage point. Recent swing state polling shows Trump leading Biden by 8 points in Michigan and Georgia, while Biden is narrowly ahead in Pennsylvania.

Strategists have said November’s election may depend on which candidate best gets out their base given the limited number of persuadable voters to chase.

“President Biden ran for president to unite the country, and has governed for all Americans with red states and blue states benefiting from the historic infrastructure legislation, lower costs on prescription drugs and a boom in manufacturing jobs,” Ammar Moussa, a Biden campaign spokesperson, said in a statement. “We welcome the support of everyone who is concerned about the existential threat that Donald Trump and extremists pose to our freedom and democracy.”

Nikki is tied with Trump in the latest poll. Dude is weak AF for a former president.
In New Hampshire...which is an open primary.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for her to win New Hampshire and hang around until some of these court cases get resolved but even I have to admit it's looking bleak.

Trump is simply unelectable in a general. The undecideds in these Trump v Biden polls aren't gonna swing Trumps way. Presidential elections are decided by a few percentage pts....the math simply isn't there for the man with the hardest ceiling in the history of ceilings.

President Biden’s reelection bid may be getting some help from an unlikely source: Republicans.

A slow drip of Republicans and former Trump administration officials are outright saying they would vote for Biden over former President Trump in a general election rematch, citing their belief that Trump poses a risk to U.S. democracy.

“While I’ve never voted for a Democrat a day in my life, I would support Biden over Trump if he becomes the GOP nominee. I won’t support someone who refused to participate in a peaceful transfer of power, tried to overthrow a free and fair election, and incited a mob to attack the U.S. Capitol,” Sarah Matthews, a former press aide on Trump’s 2020 campaign and in the Trump White House who resigned on Jan. 6, 2021, told The Hill.

Recent polling also showed a swath of former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley supporters in the Iowa caucuses would back Biden over Trump in a general election.

The willingness of some Republicans to cross party lines hints at what may become a key factor in November: If Trump-skeptical Republicans can swallow their concerns and back the former president, or if they vote for Biden and bolster his coalition in what will likely be a close race.

A Decision Desk HQ average of national polling shows the former president leading Biden by roughly 1 percentage point. Recent swing state polling shows Trump leading Biden by 8 points in Michigan and Georgia, while Biden is narrowly ahead in Pennsylvania.

Strategists have said November’s election may depend on which candidate best gets out their base given the limited number of persuadable voters to chase.

“President Biden ran for president to unite the country, and has governed for all Americans with red states and blue states benefiting from the historic infrastructure legislation, lower costs on prescription drugs and a boom in manufacturing jobs,” Ammar Moussa, a Biden campaign spokesperson, said in a statement. “We welcome the support of everyone who is concerned about the existential threat that Donald Trump and extremists pose to our freedom and democracy.”
Yep, Trump isn't winning the General election. Trump IS Biden's path to victory.

H7zoioZ.png

Thankfully,every GOPer in my extended family will not vote for Trump...maybe not for Biden, but definitely not for Trump.

We do avoid politics at gatherings.
This is always encouraging to have evidence that Trump's hard core fans is somewhat limited...common sense could prevail.
I appreciate the conservatives on this board that put country over Trump.

Trump believed Putin over our own intelligence agencies. Submitting is absolutely correct. He showed his belly bigly.
Huh, would you have felt the same way if Bush had not believed his intelligence agencies and not gone to war?

Most sane Americans with a moral compass will not vote for a career criminal and rapist.

Unfortunately, somewhere around 40% of Americans don’t fall into the “sane with a moral compass” category, so I fear it will be closer than should be comfortable.
And certainly that is way worse than any ad, and I know I know it’s not new and I missed it on here somehow, but if you watch the ad and aren’t horrified something is wrong. And somehow ultra religious folks believe it.

Thankfully,every GOPer in my extended family will not vote for Trump...maybe not for Biden, but definitely not for Trump.

We do avoid politics at gatherings.
This is always encouraging to have evidence that Trump's hard core fans is somewhat limited...common sense could prevail.
I appreciate the conservatives on this board that put country over Trump.

Silly boy. Your relatives are going to vote for Trump, they just are tired of hearing truth from you.

And if our board conservatives were telling the truth, Trump would be losing in the polls. But he dominates in the polls. I hate to break it to you, but the only explanation is that all the conservatives who claim they don’t support Trump are lying.

Most sane Americans with a moral compass will not vote for a career criminal and rapist.

Unfortunately, somewhere around 40% of Americans don’t fall into the “sane with a moral compass” category, so I fear it will be closer than should be comfortable.
Damn torbee, you are voting for Bugs Bunny like me?

Because you just described both candidates.

Are you high?

Trump leads Haley by 15% in NH, and by 55% nationwide.
Are you high? Trump's trend line against her is horrible. He's the former Republican and losing ground everyday in NH. You think Obama would only be leading by 15 points if he was allowed to run again?

Are you high? Trump's trend line against her is horrible. He's the former Republican and losing ground everyday in NH. You think Obama would only be leading by 15 points if he was allowed to run again?

He increased his lead today in NH

Look at his national trend:

Silly boy. Your relatives are going to vote for Trump, they just are tired of hearing truth from you.

And if our board conservatives were telling the truth, Trump would be losing in the polls. But he dominates in the polls. I hate to break it to you, but the only explanation is that all the conservatives who claim they don’t support Trump are lying.
Yep. I'll believe it when I see it. All these "I don't support trump but..." Republicans will fall in line and vote for him again. Just as they did in 2016 and 2020. They have no spine, morals, or smarts.

Reactions: blhawk
Again dramatic with the term.
Remember when Trump was on stage with Putin and said he trusted Putin more than our own intelligence services? I mean, that's about as close to a full on hand job a President is going to give to a foreign leader that you will ever see. Submit barely touches the surface of how pathetic that display was.

I have a lot of respect for this man and people like him. We can have differences of opinion. We can agree to disagree. There are/were many R's who I don't agree with on everything, but could live with as potus. What we can't have is a reality denying, cult leader in the WH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT