ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Stimulus Plan

I almost feel bad for taking it because we are doing really well for us. (I mean we still do have 5 people in a 900 sq ft house) but . . .

tenor.gif

In all seriousness that money would be going towards a bigger house.

It was cool when I ripped Trump for wanting to do direct payments (and lawmakers). Is it still cool if I rip Biden for it?

Direct payments are stupid. They do nothing. I see no reason a politician would want to do them unless it's right before an election.

Given that the economy is actually pretty good, why not invest it in infrastructure or in the rare instance this is life changing money for someone, let em have it.

Damn our government is dysfunctional.

It was cool when I ripped Trump for wanting to do direct payments (and lawmakers). Is it still cool if I rip Biden for it?

Direct payments are stupid. They do nothing. I see no reason a politician would want to do them unless it's right before an election.

Given that the economy is actually pretty good, why not invest it in infrastructure or in the rare instance this is life changing money for someone, let em have it.

Our economy is in the shitter right now. Lets not kid ourselves.

He is also raising the child tax credit to $3600 per child
Any income phase out on that? That would help reduce our tax bill this year. We switched to cash savings as we’re buying a new house. Took the hit by not contributing as much to 401k.

Any income phase out on that? That would help reduce our tax bill this year. We switched to cash savings as we’re buying a new house. Took the hit by not contributing as much to 401k.
I’m not sure but the article I read states it is the same as the HEROS act

I thought Biden promised $2,000 checks if Dems took Georgia Senate? $1400 isn’t cutting the mustard. People are starving and stuff.

He did, but he’ll walk it back by saying $600 + $1400 = $2000. I know, math is hard

I almost feel bad for taking it because we are doing really well for us. (I mean we still do have 5 people in a 900 sq ft house) but . . .

tenor.gif

In all seriousness that money would be going towards a bigger house.
Which creates demand.

And when Congress shoots it down Biden can still take credit for the attempt.
It's not getting knocked down. This isn't like the Trump healthcare plan that Trump couldn't replace with complete control of Congress. You know, the non existent ACA plan replacement?

Biden is a moderate and I would expect shit getting done for at least two years.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Why is that needed in a covid relief package lol. Focus on that later in the year if you want
Nope...they should be ramming everything through as fast as possible. Don't give the a-holes a chance to focus on any one item. Overwhelm them with "talking points"..

I’m not sure but the article I read states it is the same as the HEROS act

Child Tax Credit isn't part of previous stimulus plans. It's the credit that has existed. Phaseouts begin at 200K for single and 400K joint.

I guess each new president is trying to spend more than the previous one.

You can send yours back to the government, isn't that the republican mantra about dems who want higher taxes. You know ,well you can send your refund back to the government if you like high taxes. I'll keep my money.

They don't do nothing. They do something. But they are only a short term solution. In a case where people can't work because of a plague, it is about the only option available because tax cuts don't help people who are being prevented from having an income.

Reactions: srams21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT